Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 5 vs Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    But then Stringer or Hunter? It seems like inconsistency of messaging is starting to creep in and I hate it. Stringer plays behind all game and had had a truly shit start to the season but he gets to stay? Tutt had a real crack, does all the team things (to my eyes) and is publically lauded and had to go.

Its getting uncool Macca.
    Stringer and Hunter are different types of players. Dahlhaus becomes an automatic replacement for Tutt who did well against GWS. Bontempelli has been preferred to Hunter whilst Talia comes in for Morris. Stringer is in fact being played instead of Campbell and perhaps Grant when he eventually returns.
    Jong for the moment is being played because of the injuries to Smith and Hrovat.
    Hunter can be considered a little unlucky but having seen Bonts last week with Willy I am excited by what he brings to the table.
    Given all these circumstances I am comfortable with the selected team.

Post Thanks / Like

That's fair enough, when put that way NBP.

I can understand why posters are a little baffled with Stringer being kept in though, irrespective of positional considerations.

Post Thanks / Like

Hunter lairised a couple of times last week. I have no problem with him having a week in the twos.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Tad surprised Tutt and Hunter were dropped.
    Bit surprised Stringer stayed in, and well done to MB .
    Good to see Talia in as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Tutt came in as a replacement for Dahl who he now makes way for. Macca may well have said as much to him. I prefer Jong to Tutt at this stage because he has the same pace but unlike Tutt he cracks in. I reckon Macca likes this as well. Stringer obviously stays in for structural reasons and I can't see him being dropped until Grant is ready to resume.

Post Thanks / Like

A star will be born on Sunday good luck Bonts!!!!! Macrae has the runs on the board, but I think this kid we be every bit as good.

I'm pretty sure I heard Gary Lyon say Williams finished in a moon boot after last weeks game yet I haven't come across it anywhere else? I think it was access all areas anyone else pick this up?

Really dissapointed for Tutt would love to see him build on last weeks performance strange decision for mine. It makes me think that there will be a late out.

Stringer has been bloody awful so far this year his fitness is clearly not up to AFL standards and IMO has the yips in front of goals too. He thinks he is much better than his form currently reads, time for a reality check IMO.