Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Preview - Round 5 Vs Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by Cricho54 View Post
    I'm certain our major focus going into this game would be getting off to a really solid start given our first quarter last week. I'm expecting a really hot contest in the first quarter and then for Carlton to wilt when they realise they're gonna have to run hard both ways all day.
    Yes, good point, we need a good start like the Richmond game, but we need to go on with it. I would love to absolutely thrash this mob and put Malthouse under more pressure.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Great preview, well done.

I'm very much concerned it will be an open game where Carlton front runners will be given an opportunity to run all over us, if we don't concentrate from the outset.

If we keep them accountable and counter attack like we have in recent weeks then think we should take it home.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope we don't leave it until the last quarter to put them away. Hope Bontempelli and Roberts get a game and acquit themselves well in a victory. This game is a great opportunity to consolidate our improvements and a winning culture.

Post Thanks / Like

A terrific preview Happy Days but I take it space restrictions limited you to only three reasons to hate Carlton?
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

If Griff fires we will look a totally different side. If Griff and Cooney fire then look out. If Griff,Cooney and Libba all play well we will thump them.

Lots of ifs but we are better than them. Curnow will tag Cooney. Could see Robinson trying to annoy Griff or Libba. Wallis on Murph, Picken on Jeffy and Jong(the new Cross) on Simpson until he gets blown up and is subbed.

Would love to see a big game from Minno.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review! My wife was staring at me while I was chuckling reading this.

I'm glad to see no one rates Carlton because I don't either. They are a bunch of hacks. If it wasn't for Judd they would of won half as many games last year. He gets them going. However we must bring our best pressure to worry them out of it and eventually they will fold like a deck of cards.

Waite always worries me, so we must stop the supply. He can cause headaches if he gets his tail up and he can clunk them so Williams or Talia (if he plays) will have to stop him jumping at the ball.

If our defence play like they did in the second half last week helping each other out, we should be ok.

Dogs by 27

Post Thanks / Like

The team has been confirmed.

In's Talia, Bontempelli and Dahlhaus
    Out's Morris (inj) Hunter and Tutt

Very surprised that both Hunter and Tutt have been dropped.
    I wonder how we will use Stringer and if we will try him as a defender?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Feel sorry for Tutt. Thought he deserved his spot ahead of a few others.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The team has been confirmed.

In's Talia, Bontempelli and Dahlhaus
    Out's Morris (inj) Hunter and Tutt

Very surprised that both Hunter and Tutt have been dropped.
    I wonder how we will use Stringer and if we will try him as a defender?
    I don't mind Hunter being omitted. He's begun to look a little tired, especially v GWS. I would think he'll be back in very soon.

Tutt getting dropped I actually don't agree with and it surprises me. As I said in the other thread I don't exactly rate him, but he was very good when he came on and deserved to stay in the side.

Both Jong and Stringer shouldn't be playing IMO. The former doesn't have a point of difference and we're a side that requires more skill, whilst the latter is horribly out of form. They certainly seem intent on pumping games into Stringer more than most, which I can understand, and maybe he'll play as a defender? He is lucky either way.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Certainly seems harsh on Tutt. He's quick enough, kicks well enough… we need more skilled players so I'd have thought he's worth persisting with for a few weeks to give him a real go.

It's been the story of his career so far. In and out with no continuity.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy days... Sensational preview, loved and laughed every paragraph. Sign him up for one liners first dog.

Dogs by 36. Macrae to scare people with his holy goodness this Easter Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Great preview, well done.

I'm very much concerned it will be an open game where Carlton front runners will be given an opportunity to run all over us, if we don't concentrate from the outset.

If we keep them accountable and counter attack like we have in recent weeks then think we should take it home.
    X2. Carlton's crappy players have a knack of tin-arseing good football. If Simpson is left unchecked at half back and Yarran and Garlett get into the game early we could find ourselves chasing their skirts. Plus Judd will give them +10% mojo as well. Very nervous.

Post Thanks / Like

We must must play on our terms. Tough contested footy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    We must must play on our terms. Tough contested footy
    Agreed but we have not learnt how to play tempo footy and we still struggle to stop or slow down half decent teams from scoring quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

Who starts the sub this week?

Does Gia have to start on the field given Hunter has been omitted? I'm not sure we can afford to start with neither Gia or Hunter. Need there smarts forward of centre.

Does Bonts start sub? I'm not a fan of starting a first gamer as sub. But he could be a very handy sub.

Maybe Dahl will be sub? Jong isn't really suited to the role. Plus he is probably the ideal bloke to give the red vest too (barring injury) because he tends to run out of petrol tickets.