Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 6 vs Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Hi Guys,

Bit off topic wrt match committee...

I know #6 draft spot is hard to stomach...but give Williams (another) chance!! I know he seems a bit soft since his comeback bur his been out of footy a long time - hopefully he will harden up in backline including keeping not getting knocked about so easily or perhaps become a swingman.

Personally I liked him as a forward in what little time we've actually seen him play. I have more hope in Williams as long as he is not injured again than Cordy and I'm still praying Cordy comes good too.

Back onto topic:

• I really hope they keep Bontempelli in. Also hope Hunter or Dickson get's nod at expense of Stringer or Gia.
    • Would also love to see Tutt and Honeychurch get a go - perhaps at expense of Wallis and Jong (although I still think Jong is a rough diamond and will come good because of his work ethic just like Crossy did).
    • And Morris a shoe in for Talia or Williams. Would love to see Fletcher given a go but perhaps that's too many changes.
    ^^^
    Like.

Post Thanks / Like

I still maintain that Williams looks instantly more comfortable and confident when playing forward. I think he really gets nervous when he has to worry about where his opponent is and seems to get caught in two minds as to whether he should focus on his opponent or the ball during contests. Problem is though, when he focuses on the ball he loses his opponent too easily or is easily knocked out of position by his opponent. I think he could actually be a descent CHF in all honesty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red White Blue View Post
    Can anyone tell me who has had a better career than Tom Williams out of all the talls we have ever picked with a 1st round draft selection......Everitt, Grant, Tim Walsh spring to mind, so relatively speaking he is being unfairly maligned and people are way harsh Thanks Scott Clayton

Williams was terrible against Carlton that missed spoil gee....I really think he needs to go if Morris is fit, if not well he probably stays
    I think supporters now have low expectations of our KPP which is where I think the problem lies. We have had no luck with KPP outside Lake for so long that people start accepting mediocrity. But I guess 78 games in 8 years from a bloke approaching 28 is better than what we got from Walsh and Everitt.

Post Thanks / Like

Williams is a better forward than he is defender, but we need(ed) him to stand up with the loss of Morris and Roughead and he was poor v Carlton.

I can't see Williams being played forward so long as we have Morris/Roughy injured and a preference for Stringer (and to a lesser degree Campbell) as forwards.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

We are all being way too hard on Williams and Young to some extent, look at how much space and time Henderson and Waite had on the weekend. No one pushing back into the holes. Mark Murphy, Gibbs and Thomas had way to much time and space to kick lace out to those guys. I'd like to think that with the whole list fit you would play Roughead, Morris, Williams/Talia

Post Thanks / Like

Ins Fletcher Roberts, Lachie Hunter, Mitch Honeychurch, Tom Campbell and Tory Dickson
    Outs Mitch Wallis and Tom Williams (Both omitted)

Dickson has been named in the starting line-up and the other 4 on an extended bench.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

B: Liam Picken, Michael Talia, Easton Wood.
    HB: Shaun Higgins, Tom Young, Robert Murphy.
    C: Adam Cooney, Ryan Griffen, Jack Macrae.
    HF: Koby Stevens, Stewart Crameri, Tory Dickson.
    F: Luke Dahlhaus, Liam Jones, Daniel Giansiracusa.
    Fol: Will Minson, Matthew Boyd, Tom Liberatore.
    I/C
    Marcus Bontempelli, Lin Jong, Fletcher Roberts, Jake Stringer, Lachie Hunter, Mitch Honeychurch, Tom Campbell(Three to be omitted).

Wallis and Williams omitted
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Would say Roberts gets a game if Williams has been omitted and no Morris. Hope honeychurch gets a game. Rough on Tutt again

Post Thanks / Like

If the bench ends up being Honeychurch, Roberts, Campbell, Bontempelli then I think we've got it right.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Would say Roberts gets a game if Williams has been omitted and no Morris. Hope honeychurch gets a game. Rough on Tutt again
    Morris hasn't come up. You would think they need an insurance of another tall defender.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

The backline's a worry. Roberts to play?

Post Thanks / Like

Lynch, Pods, and Jenkins. Thank god Walker isn't playing .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Lynch, Pods, and Jenkins. Thank god Walker isn't playing .
    Glenelg is playing the crows reserves in the SANFL. The Crows reserves forward line is Leis Johnston, Taylor Walker and Shain McKernan. Sigh, may not be a great weekend for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Mckernan's hopeless ( good at a lower level)
    Johnston's a good kick, but that's it. I'm surprised they went with Mckernan and Johnston over Jenkins early.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    If the bench ends up being Honeychurch, Roberts, Campbell, Bontempelli then I think we've got it right.
    You don't think having Honey and Bonts play is a tad first year overkill considering the youth that is already in the team?

Just listening to Macca this morning I doubt he will play, Hunter for mine can go into the midfield and swap with dahl too with Dickson back in.