Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 6 vs Adelaide

Gia to miss the cut? (I know he is named in the starting line up but Macca could be playing mind games with his opposition number.)
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

It might just be me... But i'd rather lose with Hunter, Hrovat (etc) rather than win with Gia. Finishing with 5, 6 or 7 wins doesn't mean much to me as opposed to pumping 22 games into kids who will be trying to get this bloody elusive flag.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Hope Honeychurch plays. Looking forward to yelling out his nickname....."Sweet Jesus"
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Hope Honeychurch plays. Looking forward to yelling out his nickname....."Sweet Jesus"
    Based on Macca's presser, and the match preview on the website, I'd say that big Tom and Dickson will both play. I'd be surprised if we make more than 2 changes.

Post Thanks / Like

Play the kids( hunter's still one) they won't let you down.
    The church is banging the door down

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    It might just be me... But i'd rather lose with Hunter, Hrovat (etc) rather than win with Gia. Finishing with 5, 6 or 7 wins doesn't mean much to me as opposed to pumping 22 games into kids who will be trying to get this bloody elusive flag.
    I'm with you trag. Carlton fans are screaming " play the kids" and they bring in Mcclean!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Roughhead and Morris are out. We're screaming out for quality tall defenders and Williams gets dropped. That sounds like a career ending moment to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Just FWIW neither Stringer nor Bontempelli are named for Footscray so you would imagine they are both playing AFL.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

With Gia in the team he is teaching on the sidelines. One replacement to play a one kid ... no I like to have a win
    Winning needs to be a culture

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    If the bench ends up being Honeychurch, Roberts, Campbell, Bontempelli then I think we've got it right.
    I wouldn't be unhappy with that but I think Hunter will play instead of Honeychurch.

I'd be happy with that, although who plays on Dangerfield? For a side concerned with upping the defensive efforts, going into the game against a free flowing side with no taggers would be risky. I bet we play Jong.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I wouldn't be unhappy with that but I think Hunter will play instead of Honeychurch.

I'd be happy with that, although who plays on Dangerfield? For a side concerned with upping the defensive efforts, going into the game against a free flowing side with no taggers would be risky. I bet we play Jong.
    Yeah if we can shut down Dangerfield then we have done very well. If he gets going then he'll really hurt us. What do you think of how we have lined up in defence? Im hoping we don't concede 7 goals in the first quarter like last week.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

My thought is Stevens in the midfield, Wood in the forward line.
    We haven't given Stevens a tagging job before but he's has the body strength to go with him. Might be worth a shot.
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

We need to strike a balance so the kids aren't witnessing floggings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    We need to strike a balance so the kids aren't witnessing floggings.
    Respectfully, does 20 minutes of Gia the difference between winning and floggings?

Or even 4 quarters, or a few weeks back 10 minutes? It's nothing really against him as I've never accepted the Gia bashing over the years, it's about where we are and where we are going to. We are going to lose more than we win this year and I don't see him winning games off his own boot enough to prohibit the 'little h brigade' (Hunter, Hrovat, Honeychurch) being played and putting their development in a sharp upwards curve.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

So Young goes to Pods, Talia to Jenkins, Wood to Lynch? Or does Roberts come in to play on Lynch?
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'