Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 6 vs Adelaide

As much as I don't want to add to the derailing of this thread but always thought people are too harsh on pick 6 for Williams. Lids, Roughy, Griff and Buddy going before him and being stars really taints the argument. Yeah they have much better careers but they were gone come pick 6!

We need to look at the picks after him. Correct me if I am wrong but only 3 remain at their original clubs- Jordan Lewis, Nathan van Berlo and Mark Lecras. That's one pick vs a field of 80 or so. I really don't think Williams stacks up too badly and that's coming from someone who thinks he is just about cooked as an AFL player (due to injuries).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Never
    Interesting to note that both Father's of the two Rougheads played for our Reserves team with Jordan's 16 games and the Hawks Dad just one appearance before going back to farm life at Leongatha.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    And Morris a shoe in for Talia or Williams. Would love to see Fletcher given a go but perhaps that's too many changes.
    I thought Talia was better than both Young & Williams last week
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

In : Morris, Hunter and maybe Tutt
    Out : Talia, Gia and maybe Bont
    I'm paying money, the girl's happy, she's got no money, I got my rocks off, how good is this...

Post Thanks / Like

I would prefer to keep the back line as settled as possible.

I am happy to make Honeychurch wait a touch longer and Tutt brings less to the table than Hunter.

So basically I want Hunter, Morris and Campbell in but have no idea who to drop.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    As much as I don't want to add to the derailing of this thread but always thought people are too harsh on pick 6 for Williams. Lids, Roughy, Griff and Buddy going before him and being stars really taints the argument. Yeah they have much better careers but they were gone come pick 6!

We need to look at the picks after him. Correct me if I am wrong but only 3 remain at their original clubs- Jordan Lewis, Nathan van Berlo and Mark Lecras. That's one pick vs a field of 80 or so. I really don't think Williams stacks up too badly and that's coming from someone who thinks he is just about cooked as an AFL player (due to injuries).
    The reason that Williams is still on our list is that we have had no one better to replace him since 2004 and because he looked promising at the start of his career. Injuries have robbed him of opportunity to justify his high draft position. I thought it was all over for him when he attempted that mark in Brisbane and his shoulder popped out. I thought the same again when he tried to spoil in the goal square on Sunday and he slice punched the ball straight into the hands of a waiting Carlton player in the goal square.
    I don't want to hang too much shite on Williams because our backs had a horrible time of it on Sunday but his reading of the ball through the air has always been a HUGE problem.

Players still at their clubs from the 2004 draft include Lynden Dunn, Matt Rosa and James Gwilt. Quite a few have been picked up by other clubs.

Finally getting back on track I think Williams has to stay in the side until Roughie returns. The next few months will make or break him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Interesting to note that both Father's of the two Rougheads played for our Reserves team with Jordan's 16 games and the Hawks Dad just one appearance before going back to farm life at Leongatha.
    I was very surprised to hear that Jordan grew up barracking for the Bulldogs.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't see why people are asking for Talia to be dropped. Talia is our future and needs to be in the seniors to develop.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I was very surprised to hear that Jordan grew up barracking for the Bulldogs.
    Whole family of Doggies supporters
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post

Hopefully it wasnt the cnstant injuries that just prolonged his career

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone tell me who has had a better career than Tom Williams out of all the talls we have ever picked with a 1st round draft selection......Everitt, Grant, Tim Walsh spring to mind, so relatively speaking he is being unfairly maligned and people are way harsh Thanks Scott Clayton

Williams was terrible against Carlton that missed spoil gee....I really think he needs to go if Morris is fit, if not well he probably stays

Post Thanks / Like

Can't believe Daniel Currie's Beeing pumped up .
    He couldn't mark a beach ball!
    Injuries have hurt Williams, but he has to be more than just athletic .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Can't see why people are asking for Talia to be dropped. Talia is our future and needs to be in the seniors to develop.
    Couldn't agree more

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    I would prefer to keep the back line as settled as possible.

I am happy to make Honeychurch wait a touch longer and Tutt brings less to the table than Hunter.

So basically I want Hunter, Morris and Campbell in but have no idea who to drop.
    I'd bring the kid in, no matter how many we have.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we need to understand that Williams and most of our defenders are only as good as our midfielders, who should be keeping the ball from zinging into the defensive area as quickly and easily as it did on Sunday evening.

Sure there are some technique issues Williams displayed (and will always display) on Sunday that aren't going to be rectified and will need to be hidden by playing him on the third best forward, but how many teams in the competition have defenders that can cope with playing first and second when they should be playing third and fourth?

I think Bmac's message vid this week pointed out the level of disappointment the MC had with the team performance last week. Sure players like Williams were exposed but we have only one player on our defensive team, maybe two (Morris and Murph) that are any where near faultless defensively. The rest are exposed when opposition teams are allowed to get goal side of opponents at stoppages and in general play which was the case on Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

What worried me was when Henderson turned him and snapped a goal without Beeing touched.
    He's not exactly Ussain Bolt( neither player) but that just lacked intensity of any kind.