Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 6 vs Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I also think having Campbell, Stringer, Crameri and Jones in the side put pressure on Gia's position in terms of our forward defensive pressure.
    Agree with this, we need all our forwards providing that defensive pressure. Thought it was very good in the first and last quarters on Sunday but severely lacking in the middle qtrs. Its always been an aspect in Gia's game that he has struggled with although he has improved particularly late last year or coming on fresh as the sub in parts this years. I just hate watching players run away from him. I don't want to pigeon hole Gia, but to me he is a sub/subbed out or doesn't play at all.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Agree with this, we need all our forwards providing that defensive pressure. Thought it was very good in the first and last quarters on Sunday but severely lacking in the middle qtrs. Its always been an aspect in Gia's game that he has struggled with although he has improved particularly late last year or coming on fresh as the sub in parts this years. I just hate watching players run away from him. I don't want to pigeon hole Gia, but to me he is a sub/subbed out or doesn't play at all.
    He isn't the only one that has players run away from him... On a whole we are a pretty slow side, well at least the teams put out in recent weeks are.

Post Thanks / Like

Gia plays as a small forward and a small forward needs speed to defend.

Post Thanks / Like

The knocks on Gia from the game are largely unjustified.

I know we had issues from the game, where are forwards did not present or weren't even present in the forward line when we went to go forward.

There was one incident I clearly remember in the game (unaware if it showed on the tv coverage), where Gia got into space around the 50 metre line with NO-ONE from Adelaide within about 30 metres and we had possession inside the centre square. This was in the third quarter, when we just didn't get near a goal.

The player with the ball just needed to run and put it in Gia's vicinity and a goal was there for the taking.

Instead we stopped and waited and passed it around before turning it over.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured