Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 6 vs Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    I'd like to be as sure of winning tatts. Lock him in.
    for Jong?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

A side note - many have Hunter coming straight back in, after not playing last weekend.

Do we know for sure if he was just rested or is there a niggle he is dealing with?

His vision and smarts in the F50 are always welcome, but I'm hesitant to have developing 2nd year players playing under duress.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

How's Honeychurch's skills? Pace?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    How's Honeychurch's skills? Pace?
    He's been compared to Dahlhaus but I think he is more like Boyd.

Probably quicker than Boyd but based on his match on sunday (Honeychurch's) has a similar work rate and ability to get from stoppage to stoppage as well as perform as a good link up player, and a decent kick which isn't particularly damaging. He probably has Dahlhaus intensity but I can't see him being as exciting, but with his tenacity he could be someone capable of halving contests against the odds like Dahl does.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post

Probably quicker than Boyd but based on his match on sunday (Honeychurch's) has a similar work rate and ability to get from stoppage to stoppage as well as perform as a good link up player, and a decent kick which isn't particularly damaging. He probably has Dahlhaus intensity but I can't see him being as exciting, but with his tenacity he could be someone capable of halving contests against the odds like Dahl does.
    Agree with this. In some respects he's also like Smith in that he loves a contest but doesn't really hurt teams with his disposal. He'll become a fan favourite but has limitations he needs to work on.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    for Jong?
    Most likely.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

There was big wraps on Honeychurch when he was with the Eastern Ranges and they were surprised that he lasted until 60 in the draft. He was outstanding on Saturday against the Northern Blues. Very courageous and a prolific ball winner.

Post Thanks / Like

I like to see us 'up' our experience factor this week vs Adelaide.

If Honeychurch were to come in - you run the risk of having too many inexperienced players. I don't think we should be playing ALL of Bontempelli, Jong, Honeychurch, Talia, Stringer and Hunter for instance. Definitely not all of the first 3.

My preference is Dickson for Stringer.
    Morris to replace either one of Young, Talia or Williams (Adelaide have 2 talls - so its whether we choose to play Morris tall or medium/small).
    If Hunter is good to go - then I would have him replace Jong, and therefore the likes of Cooney and Stevens spend less time fwd, more time in the middle.

Post Thanks / Like

Ins: Morris, Dickson & Hunter or Honeychurch
    Outs:
    Williams- If there is a worst defender in the league i have yet to see him. Hoping he is out of contact at seasons end cause i'm sick to death of seeing him beaten so easily & consistently. Apparently he did well against GWS but i have not seen that game yet.
    Gia- Would like to see him given some time in the VFL so someone like Honeychurch can get a game. Would be disappointed if Gia played more than 15 games in the seniors.
    Stringer- Needs a spell & Dickson has some form under his belt.

DISHLICKERS Guest

The fact we go into games with 1 ruck is totally unacceptable.

In - One of Campbell/Cordy.

Out - Gia

At Whitten Oval we do not recongnize the value of playing big bodies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DISHLICKERS View Post
    At Whitten Oval we do not recognize the value of playing big bodies.
    I think that is changing as we recruit the big (future) bodies in the midfield like Macrae, Stringer, Bonts as well as Crameri to bolster the strength in the forward line.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Honeychurch is a better kick than both Boyd and Dahlhaus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hot_Doggies View Post
    Honeychurch is a better kick than both Boyd and Dahlhaus.
    Dahl's kicking has improved, whilst it was seen as a bit of a weakness as a junior, I think his field kicking has become fairly reliable and when combined with his good decision making, he goes OK.

If Honeychurch can develop into a strong, courageous inside player with good foot skills that would be a great result for the club. Looking forward to seeing him get a senior game soon.

Post Thanks / Like

How long is Goodes suspended for? If it was a week could he become a inclusion this week.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    How long is Goodes suspended for? If it was a week could he become a inclusion this week.
    1 week
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships