Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 6 vs Adelaide

Shouldn't be anywhere now this team unless we have a heap of injuries.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hot_Doggies View Post
    Honeychurch is a better kick than both Boyd and Dahlhaus.
    Let's see how his kicking stands up under AFL pressure before making such statements.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Id like to see Morris and Dickson come in

Out of Talia, Young and Williams I'd probably take Talia out.

If Honeychurch debuts then thats fine with me - the guy seems a massive winner and much like Dahlhaus before him seems to have made every post a winner in year 1. The perfect rookie - a guy who would have been drafted higher if not for his height.

Post Thanks / Like

Honeychurch reminds me of Picken more than anyone else. He has that same drive and determination at every single contest, on Sunday he simply willed himself to contests and just kept working so impressively hard. I wouldn't say his disposal is great, but it's solid/adequate and should improve as he gets fitter/stronger in coming years.

If he does come in, I suspect we will play him predominately forward, but he certainly looks a natural ruck rover to me.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Let's see how his kicking stands up under AFL pressure before making such statements.
    ^^
    AFL football is a different game to under 18s or the league below.. Some players can step up and perform even better, some players can go between various levels seamlessly, and some can't hack it.
    I like the sound of Honeychurch's competitive spirit though, sounds like he can make it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hot_Doggies View Post
    Honeychurch is a better kick than both Boyd and Dahlhaus.
    Boyds kick is actually decent, it's his decision making that's crap. And Dahlhaus is the opposite, although his kicking isn't terrible. I'm hoping Honeychurch has a bit of each. His kicking certainly doesn't look like it's going to cut opposition defences apart, but it looks reliable enough that with good decisions could be used well.

I certainly don't think based on what I've seen though that it will be substantially better than either of the two above mentioned players.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Hunter for Jong
    Morris for Williams
    Campbell for Stringer
    Honeychurch (sub) for Gia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Boyds kick is actually decent, it's his decision making that's crap. And Dahlhaus is the opposite, although his kicking isn't terrible. I'm hoping Honeychurch has a bit of each. His kicking certainly doesn't look like it's going to cut opposition defences apart, but it looks reliable enough that with good decisions could be used well.

I certainly don't think based on what I've seen though that it will be substantially better than either of the two above mentioned players.
    Disagree. Boyds kicking is poor. His short kicks constantly fall short of the target.

Post Thanks / Like

Gee Boyd gets a hell of a lot of whacks on here, for a bloke who has been an enormous contributor for the club for a long time, and arguably our best performed player so far this season.

Perhaps we could change the record.

Post Thanks / Like

Boyd's a great accumulator, wins a heap of contested ball, is as tough as nails and is usually in the right spot but he is a poor kick on the run, simple as that.

DISHLICKERS Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think that is changing as we recruit the big (future) bodies in the midfield like Macrae, Stringer, Bonts as well as Crameri to bolster the strength in the forward line.
    I agree with you that there is some change but I was referring more to players such as

- White at Collingwood (big body who impacts a contest)
    - Currie at North
    - Hale at Hawthorn
    - Cats have McIntosh Blivacs and Simpson one of them at least will play that role of impacting a contest.

I would say that none of these are gun players but they play their role to perfection.

I was thinking more of a crash and bash key position, these type of players we dont value IMO.

I would say if any of these players were on our list we would not be playing them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DISHLICKERS View Post
    I agree with you that there is some change but I was referring more to players such as

- Currie at North
    - Hale at Hawthorn
    - Cats have McIntosh Blivacs and Simpson one of them at least will play that role of impacting a contest.

I would say that none of these are gun players but they play their role to perfection.

I was thinking more of a crash and bash key position, these type of players we dont value IMO.

I would say if any of these players were on our list we would not be playing them.
    Jones is starting to play like that.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DISHLICKERS View Post

- Currie at North
    - Hale at Hawthorn

I would not call Currie (Who has only played 3 games), Hale or any of McIntosh Blivacs and Simpson crash and bash players. They're ruckman with relatively thin physiques. Hale is a great contested marking player. When I think crash and bash I think Mitch Hahn, Leigh Brown, players like Michael Hurley.

I'd wager we'd be playing Hale or White if they were on our list probably McIntosh too.

DISHLICKERS Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I would not call Currie (Who has only played 3 games), Hale or any of McIntosh Blivacs and Simpson crash and bash players. They're ruckman with relatively thin physiques. Hale is a great contested marking player. When I think crash and bash I think Mitch Hahn, Leigh Brown, players like Michael Hurley.

I'd wager we'd be playing Hale or White if they were on our list probably McIntosh too.
    I beg to differ I dont think we would be playing them.

Hale, White, Currie and McIntosh all came from other clubs and we had the chance to look at them but again we dont value that type of player.