Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Where on earth is Nathan Hrovat?

I've seen this question raised in a few threads, to my knowledge there has been no answer to this mystery.

He is not on the injury list, but not turning out for Footscray.

The Rat quickly became one of my favorites last year - a sparky live wire with courage and poise. I was looking forward to seeing him continue to cement a place this year.

Does anyone know what's going on?
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where on earth is Nathan Hrovat?

I don't know what's going on but I thought he would be ready for footy Rd: 1, post the broken-cheek.

Hrovat is a player we need. Highly skillful and smooth (Higgins-like). Can easily fins a spot for him in our Top 22 right now!

Post Thanks / Like

Hrovat and Josh Prudden will be making an appearance in the Social Club at 3:45pm on Sunday so all will be revealed then I would say.

Post Thanks / Like

Abducted by aliens?

Post Thanks / Like

They'll probably ask him on Sunday at the Social Club. He'll probably give a straight answer if you can hear it.

Post Thanks / Like

He was also a guest at the social club against Nth , I got there late so missed anything that was said.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if it's a family matter or something along those lines.
    I can't work out if it's an injury why the club isn't more transparent

Post Thanks / Like

I heard it was a calf injury, should be back training next week.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

It's baffling, though, why it isn't just listed as such if it's a regulation injury. Hope we soon find out more.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

He's had his share of soft tissue injuries since being at the club, it seems.

Hopefully he can get over them.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the body isn't quite up to the rigours of AFL yet.
    Must be frustrating for the kid and the club

Post Thanks / Like

Bleeding calf be back this week
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Just to set your mind at ease fellow tragics, travelled to Bendigo last nite and saw the massacre by Footscray! Nathan Hrovat was pure class all nite. He was obviously managed, game time wise, but his speed courage and skill was obvious. He is a gun!!! Also Clay Smith was outstanding and will probably only need one more hit out in the 'Two's" before he is in line for a recall. Was impressed by
    big Ace and whilst I am aware the opposition was average at best, he looks to have improved lots in the ruck and around the ground and was also glad to see a couple of bigger guys contributing.
    Tommy Williams did as he liked , but seemed to be very sure of himself (unlike recent weeks in the ones). Fletcher Roberts has improved and looks capable at both ends as did Redpath. A kid called Perkins starred on the forward line (know nothing about him but would be pleased to be educated).Will restrain from any Howards.......ooops sorry negatives.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the update Atr. Hrovat & Smith pressing for selection can only improve the team! On the Ayce topic, he has always looked best in my opinion when rucking. Not as a key forward.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avoid the rush View Post
    Just to set your mind at ease fellow tragics, travelled to Bendigo last nite and saw the massacre by Footscray! Nathan Hrovat was pure class all nite. He was obviously managed, game time wise, but his speed courage and skill was obvious. He is a gun!!! Also Clay Smith was outstanding and will probably only need one more hit out in the 'Two's" before he is in line for a recall. Was impressed by
    big Ace and whilst I am aware the opposition was average at best, he looks to have improved lots in the ruck and around the ground and was also glad to see a couple of bigger guys contributing.
    Tommy Williams did as he liked , but seemed to be very sure of himself (unlike recent weeks in the ones). Fletcher Roberts has improved and looks capable at both ends as did Redpath. A kid called Perkins starred on the forward line (know nothing about him but would be pleased to be educated).Will restrain from any Howards.......ooops sorry negatives.

We talk about Perkins a bit in this thread ATR.

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthr...rday-April-5th
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.