Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  27
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Simon Dalrymple Performance Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I think he's done ok overall, looking at the Premiership Team he's certainly an architect (Bold are his picks, or *decisions that would've had his involvement):

B: M. Boyd Roberts *Biggs
    HB: Wood *Hamling JJ
    C: Hunter Libba Macrae
    HF: Stringer Cordy McLean
    F: Smith *T. Boyd Dickson
    R: Roughead Dahl Bonts
    Int: Dunkley Daniel Picken Morris
    Technically, he could've passed on Libba - as with Z Cordy, no?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Technically, he could've passed on Libba - as with Z Cordy, no?
    He can pass on any father/son he doesn't rate highly enough of. Recently Romero, MacPherson, Foster and another tier of technical choices lower again.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

He can pass on any father/son he doesn't rate highly enough of. Recently Romero, MacPherson, Foster and another tier of technical choices lower again.
    Correct. So my point is that Libba should perhaps be written in bold in the team above. Technically, Dalrymple drafted him, right? As with Zaine - even if we did have the inside rail.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Correct. So my point is that Libba should perhaps be written in bold in the team above. Technically, Dalrymple drafted him, right? As with Zaine - even if we did have the inside rail.
    Ah, I missed him!! So that's only 5 players in our premiership 22 not within Dal's immediate reach: Roughy, Picken, M. Boyd, Morris & Wood.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, I missed him!! So that's only 5 players in our premiership 22 not within Dal's immediate reach: Roughy, Picken, M. Boyd, Morris & Wood.
    Dal didn't pick Roughie?

Don't tell me that Clayton picked a tall that is still on the list!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Dal didn't pick Roughie?

Don't tell me that Clayton picked a tall that is still on the list!
    Roughy & Picko the year before SD started, 2008. Easton 2007, Morris 2005, Boyd 2003.

Emphasises just how bloody young the premiership team was.

Post Thanks / Like

You can listen to Simon here talking about recruiting.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Thanks Mantis, bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Or you could go to Whitten oval. He's happy to talk to anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Or you could go to Whitten oval. He's happy to talk to anyone.
    It is 40 minutes but really worth listening to.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It is 40 minutes but really worth listening to.
    Yep, some quality insights.

- Sounds like we're prepared to take some more drafting risks with a flag in the bag
    - Dal sounded very bullish about Lipinski. Said he was 'flying' before the injury and really benefited from a professional environment.
    - We're keeping an eye on Jacob Smith this year and Rhylee West has an extremely 'aggressive' style but has things he needs to work on.
    - Tom Boyd's GF performance was how he played in TAC Cup
    - He was asked about our list needs and he said that the ruck is obviously an area of interest and referred to Bevo's different perspective on ruckmen.
    - Dal decided to do a final home visit with Tim English even though he thought he wouldn't be available. Took a 4 hour flight, and hours more driving to get there. His dad is a big, strong farmer and his mother is a school teacher. Good family.
    - Reckons this year's talent pool is shallower than last years at the top end.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

12. Thanks N/A, bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes Remi Moses liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Best 45 minutes I've spent in a very long time!!

14. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Yep, some quality insights.

- Sounds like we're prepared to take some more drafting risks with a flag in the bag
    - Dal sounded very bullish about Lipinski. Said he was 'flying' before the injury and really benefited from a professional environment.
    - We're keeping an eye on Jacob Smith this year and Rhylee West has an extremely 'aggressive' style but has things he needs to work on.
    - Tom Boyd's GF performance was how he played in TAC Cup
    - He was asked about our list needs and he said that the ruck is obviously an area of interest and referred to Bevo's different perspective on ruckmen.
    - Dal decided to do a final home visit with Tim English even though he thought he wouldn't be available. Took a 4 hour flight, and hours more driving to get there. His dad is a big, strong farmer and his mother is a school teacher. Good family.
    - Reckons this year's talent pool is shallower than last years at the top end.
    Rhylee West is aggressive at the contest. Surprise!?
    No doubt whatsoever Tom Boyd will be a dominant KPF (thought of you when he said that )
    I think we might trade our first rounder by the sounds of it (for the right player). May increase our risk, may look for the immediate need and talent not deep... That's my reading of those three quotes.
    Very confident JJ will stay.
    'We have room in our TPP (salary cap), after all we chased Hurley'.
    Bevo very strong on rucks and what they need to do. Also looking at ruck recruiting if 'last touch' came in (I.e. Wouldn't be as vital a position).
    Hoping the possible CatB Rookie Tuku from Western Jets comes on by next year, may train with us over Summer.
    Tweedie hopefully on the park after the bye round sometime.
    Dal spends a minimum 2.5 days a week watching videos of player vision. Plus watching games on top. Plus various meetings each week. Busy man.
    In favour of abondoing the rookie list in favour of a bigger primary list.
    Won a premiership years ahead of his expectation.
    Favourite picks: Dahl & JJ (owing to going deep into the rookie draft).
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 10-05-2017 at 04:51 PM.

16. Thanks N/A, bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dal is a gun and a real asset to the club. He sits just outside the holy trinity of Bevo, Bont & Gordo in terms of importance, IMO.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Listened to the podcast on the way home, very insightful and the line of questioning was good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Dal is a gun and a real asset to the club. He sits just outside the holy trinity of Bevo, Bont & Gordo in terms of importance, IMO.

Gordo out and Dal in for mine. And I man love Gordo with a passion.