Thanks Thanks:  110
Likes Likes:  908
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ASADA issues show-cause notices to Essendon players

Just shows that Essendon and particularly Paul Little handled this very very poorly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Just shows that Essendon and particularly Paul Little handled this very very poorly
    Making Little president was the stupidest thing they did over the whole of the saga. That was the cause of most of the angst.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I know the HS has been Essendon's biggest cheer leader throughout the whole saga, but I'm confused about what part of this conversation is even slightly explosive.

I read the transcript and essentially it says;

• The AFL told us they'd clear us, now they're telling us some of us will have to take some blame, just not the players
    • How can we get the lawyers to get us out of this on a technicality?
    • Can they actually punish us if we don't cooperate?
    • Did they find anything to convict us or can we still get out of this?
    • This isn't fair, why can't they just let us go?

Hardly explosive
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

4. Thanks jeemak, hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I know the HS has been Essendon's biggest cheer leader throughout the whole saga, but I'm confused about what part of this conversation is even slightly explosive.

• The AFL told us they'd clear us, now they're telling us some of us will have to take some blame, just not the players

Hardly explosive
    I just read the article and thought the exact same thing. Hardly interesting.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Little shouting and ranting on about going to the courts was probably the explosive part along with Hird saying that they are *!*!*!*!ing liars.

Shows both in a poor light in my opinion. Havent read the transcript but heard bits of it on MMM this morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Yawn. Bunch of Essendon people in an internal meeting upset that AFEL cannot save their arse and sweep everything under the carpet.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post

Hardly explosive
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I just read the article and thought the exact same thing. Hardly interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Little shouting and ranting on about going to the courts was probably the explosive part along with Hird saying that they are *!*!*!*!ing liars.

Shows both in a poor light in my opinion. Havent read the transcript but heard bits of it on MMM this morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Yawn. Bunch of Essendon people in an internal meeting upset that AFEL cannot save their arse and sweep everything under the carpet.

And the AFeL have bent over forwards to accomodate Essendon ever since. Just proves that point about the needy child getting all the attention.

Post Thanks / Like

Does it stroke anyone odd that a recording mysteriously appears? I mean who recorded it? Why was the meeting recorded? Was it recorded with the participants consent?

I have been in many meetings and they are rarely recorded, for the very reason that people want to speak frankly and not create potential legal issues.

The cynic in me suggests its membership time, need to show the Bomber fans that Essendon is the victim so this recording is created.

Post Thanks / Like

Gee is this still going. Wish it would just end already.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Does it stroke anyone odd that a recording mysteriously appears? I mean who recorded it? Why was the meeting recorded? Was it recorded with the participants consent?

I have been in many meetings and they are rarely recorded, for the very reason that people want to speak frankly and not create potential legal issues.

The cynic in me suggests its membership time, need to show the Bomber fans that Essendon is the victim so this recording is created.

It might be staged but none of them have an official role with the club any more?

I reckon there would be as many recordings of the original meeting as there were participants. One of them had to get leaked eventually.

Post Thanks / Like

John Worsfold needs to put his foot down, and tell everyone associated with the EFC enough!
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/afl...tion=melbourne

Not strictly related to the doping scandal but very interesting nonetheless. We already know that Essendon are the only club in history to win a flag in a year that they cheated the salary cap (1993), but we now know that they also cheated the cap in their premiership year in 2000 thanks to a little creative accounting from Ricky Nixon.

They are truly a dirty club. We'd have all been better off disbanding them and starting a new club in Tassie as soon as the extent of the doping scandal became public.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

14. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/afl...tion=melbourne

Not strictly related to the doping scandal but very interesting nonetheless. We already know that Essendon are the only club in history to win a flag in a year that they cheated the salary cap (1993), but we now know that they also cheated the cap in their premiership year in 2000 thanks to a little creative accounting from Ricky Nixon.

They are truly a dirty club. We'd have all been better off disbanding them and starting a new club in Tassie as soon as the extent of the doping scandal became public

Agreed. Filthy club.

The tassie idea would have had legs too because all those numb nuts Essendon supporters would have followed it too.

Post Thanks / Like

A bizarre 36 odd hours...

Firstly a taped discussion from between Essendon's four walls involving Essendon people reveals the following 'mind blowing' points:
    1. That Paul Little and James Hird were resentful towards the AFL
    2. That James Hird believes he did nothing wrong
    3. That they felt the whole thing was unfair on them
    4. That they have potty mouths
    5. That someone within Essendon leaked the recording - for what constructive purpose is beyond me
    6. That they were taping their internal discussions in the first place..!??

Clearly intellectually limited Essendon supporters begin howling yet again on social media - driving us all spare.

Then, this morning I see that local federal MP and Moonee Ponds resident, Bill Shorten, wants to launch some sort of investigation as a bit of a (gasp) vote grab in his majority Essendon voting electorate...

Essendon people say they just want to move on..... Doesn't really seem that way to me..!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    A bizarre 36 odd hours...

Firstly a taped discussion from between Essendon's four walls involving Essendon people reveals the following 'mind blowing' points:
    1. That Paul Little and James Hird were resentful towards the AFL
    2. That James Hird believes he did nothing wrong
    3. That they felt the whole thing was unfair on them
    4. That they have potty mouths
    5. That someone within Essendon leaked the recording - for what constructive purpose is beyond me

Clearly intellectually limited Essendon supporters begin howling yet again on social media - driving us all spare.

Then, this morning I see that local federal MP and Moonee Ponds resident, Bill Shorten, wants to launch some sort of investigation as a bit of a (gasp) vote grab in his majority Essendon voting electorate...

Essendon people say they just want to move on..... Doesn't really seem that way to me..!

I'm pretty sure Bill's twin brother barracks for Essendon. Probably some weird fraternal stuff going on.