Thanks Thanks:  110
Likes Likes:  908
Page 156 of 160 FirstFirst ... 56106146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160 LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2396
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ASADA issues show-cause notices to Essendon players

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Funny how that King dude at Richmond gets warned off hanging out with bikies but the bombers have been in contact with Gatto and that's ok.
    Does anyone find that a little hypocritical ?
    Good point. One of their chemical consultants was a convicted drug dealer too. EFC really took that "Whatever it takes" mantra to heart, grabbed it with both hands and tan with it until they tripped themselves up and people's worlds came crashing down leaving a pear-shaped train wreck of shredded reputations and deflated egos, although some egos (no prize for guess whose) are probably bullet proof.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

The Hird's want to stain Essendon, their 2017 and current Essendon coach John Worsfold. Allan Hird has an article in The Hun tomorrow slamming alleged 'double standards' about his son as a coach being held accountable for a drugs issue while Worsfold at WCE is not being held accountable by the AFEL with the revelations this week about the drug culture.

Enjoy.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: ASADA issues show-cause notices to Essendon players

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    The Hird's want to stain Essendon, their 2017 and current Essendon coach John Worsfold. Allan Hird has an article in The Hun tomorrow slamming alleged 'double standards' about his son as a coach being held accountable for a drugs issue while Worsfold at WCE is not being held accountable by the AFEL with the revelations this week about the drug culture.

Enjoy.
    I love how they get dear old dad to write the potentially libellous article.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Both Hird's are regular columnists for the HS. Just in case Mark Robinson on his own wasn't fierce enough in his daily Essendon barracking. What the *!*!*!*! has happened at that news paper? They are literally an Essendon fan forum, it's extraordinary.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

6. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Both Hird's are regular columnists for the HS. Just in case Mark Robinson on his own wasn't fierce enough in his daily Essendon barracking. What the *!*!*!*! has happened at that news paper? They are literally an Essendon fan forum, it's extraordinary.
    Surely the editor would refocus them? Unless it's selling more papers and more subscriptions
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Surely the editor would refocus them? Unless it's selling more papers and more subscriptions
    It's hard to know what's driving content at newspapers these days. They all seem to pick a couple of themes and barrack relentlessly for or against it, rather than reporting news. The Age is even worse in its campaigning, but for the HS to decide that Essendon is the cause they'll champion is very difficult to understand. The HS used to be decent for sport, but it's hard work sifting through the Essendon rubbish to get to something worthwhile these days.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Well they are an official sponsor of the EFC - I know that sounds hard to believe
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Has it really taken this to point out how horrible the paper is when there's examples of its cheapness across any topic it comments on?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to know what's driving content at newspapers these days. They all seem to pick a couple of themes and barrack relentlessly for or against it, rather than reporting news. The Age is even worse in its campaigning, but for the HS to decide that Essendon is the cause they'll champion is very difficult to understand. The HS used to be decent for sport, but it's hard work sifting through the Essendon rubbish to get to something worthwhile these days.
    It's a balance between what the gross readership wants and what their sponsors pay for. There's a huge push from readership towards opinion without sources or facts to support it across every component of news.

I disagree that the Hun sports has been good previously, and I also disagree The Age is worse, but each to their own.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

12. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The AFL can not be serious in getting James Hird to present the 2017 Norm Smith medal....
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    The AFL can not be serious in getting James Hird to present the 2017 Norm Smith medal....
    Apparently they are.... Knock me over with a feather. Pick me back up with some TB4.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

15. Likes Doc26, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Seems a crazy consideration by the AFL when the likely reception by the majority in attendance will be at best a hostile one; diminishing the plaudits that should go to to the NS winner. I would've been filthy if the cheat was the one handing JJ his medal last year. Maybe they're looking at it as some form of strange insurance if by chance Toby Greene was voted NS this year.

17. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Apparently they are.... Knock me over with a feather. Pick me back up with some TB4.
    And we are appointing Barrett as the club media strategist, along with Adelaides Dr writing our medical reports.
    And Ross Oakley will take over from PG as president.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Seems a crazy consideration by the AFL when the likely reception by the majority in attendance will be at best a hostile one; diminishing the plaudits that should go to to the NS winner. I would've been filthy if the cheat was the one handing JJ his medal last year. Maybe they're looking at it as some form of strange insurance if by chance Toby Greene was voted NS this year.

Insane. Completely insane arrogant move by the afl. I can't see it happening, somebody will come to their senses.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    And we are appointing Barrett as the club media strategist, along with Adelaides Dr writing our medical reports.
    And Ross Oakley will take over from PG as president.
    And Steve Danks tossing the coin. "OK Steve I gave the special priceless commemorative coin to toss" "no you didn't"