Thanks Thanks:  110
Likes Likes:  908
Page 2 of 160 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ASADA issues show-cause notices to Essendon players

Don't like this from the Age article:

Fairfax Media was still trying to ascertain those 2012 players who have avoided show-cause notices on Thursday night. The club had 46 players on its senior and rookie lists in 2012, and have 29 players from 2012 - including rookies - on its list now. A number of players have left the club, including Angus Monfries, now at Port Adelaide, and Stuart Crameri, now at the Bulldogs. It is believed Monfries and Crameri have both received notices.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...#ixzz34QmJ8kch
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been quite vocal about my views with in my group about this, in regards to Crameri. I will be furious at our club if they have not entered something in his contract to protect us.

At this stage, I am pretty P off about it. We do not need this. It will could prove costly to us.
    Last edited by Max469; 13-06-2014 at 12:20 AM.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Max469 View Post
    I have been quite vocal about my views with in my group about this, in regards to Crameri. I will be furious at our club if they have not entered something in his contract to protect us.

At this stage, I am pretty P off about it. We do not need this. It will could costly to us.
    I think heads would have to roll in a scenario where we lose a player in these circumstances. It'd be terribly unfortunate but a fair chunk of the Football Dept would have to be held accountable.

Hopefully the Club went in with a few options to safe guard our investment, or have grounds to bleed EFC dry if there are any. Not certain of how it all works.

Post Thanks / Like

What else did we expect? It seriously is a case of 'buyer beware' and if we get stung it sits on no ones shoulders but our own. I like Stew and think he has been a good pick up but we knew what we were getting into. I'd have a vastly different opinion if the ASADA stuff came out after we'd made our enquiries but as is we'll have to cop sweet whatever comes.

Post Thanks / Like

Is Brent Prismall still employeed at the club?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really enjoying the measured, intelligent and diverse debate on this issue here on WOOF.

Post Thanks / Like

Players that have been given show-cause notices can simply cooperate fully with ASADA and they could get their sanctions cut by as much as half. I know what I'd be advising Crameri, Gumbleton and Monfries to do if I was their current employer. And what will the likes of Reimers, Lonergan and other potentially disgruntled ex players do? I'm guessing that they will sing like canaries, then the current players will follow, being faced with minimum 2 years away from their job, then surely legal action will be taken against the club by angry players being denied their livelihood. That's when things will get interesting for EFC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Players that have been given show-cause notices can simply cooperate fully with ASADA and they could get their sanctions cut by as much as half. I know what I'd be advising Crameri, Gumbleton and Monfries to do if I was their current employer. And what will the likes of Reimers, Lonergan and other potentially disgruntled ex players do? I'm guessing that they will sing like canaries, then the current players will follow, being faced with minimum 2 years away from their job, then surely legal action will be taken against the club by angry players being denied their livelihood. That's when things will get interesting for EFC.
    Yep I can see this moving from ASADA v Essendon to Players v Essendon pretty quickly. The foundations of the club will be rocked and it will all be the responsibility of one man. Their messiah.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yep I can see this moving from ASADA v Essendon to Players v Essendon pretty quickly. The foundations of the club will be rocked and it will all be the responsibility of one man. Their messiah.
    Turns out, "He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    “There's nothing an agnostic can't do if he doesn't know whether he believes in anything or not”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Love your posts KT31, always with great humour.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Love your posts KT31, always with great humour.
    Yeah it was quick and funny. I enjoyed it.

Post Thanks / Like

Now the question becomes how long this will be dragged through the courts for? Are we even going to get a decision for the next 24 months?

Post Thanks / Like

Good point Lemmon.

Gerard Whateley on 360 pointed out that this whole episode ruined 2013 for the dons, will likely ruin 2014 and if they go down the legal route, you can potentially knock out 2015 and 2016 as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone see the Little presser - he is playing the 'essendon is the victim' card. FFS the club has brought this on themselves. Sure there maybe issues with the whole process but the players are the concern not Essendon FC as a whole.