Thanks Thanks:  34
Likes Likes:  341
Page 9 of 149 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rumour Mill

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Rumour Mill

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I heard from a barista who works at a coffee shop in a football ground in Footscray that Patton was seen having coffee with BMac, Peter Gordon, and Bonti this afternoon. Bonti even signed a poster of himself for big Jon.
    Haha, that's awesome. Well played sir.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    You're never a truly washed up key forward until you have Bulldog supporters demanding their club picks you up.
    Would be funny if it wasn't so true.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I'm sick of picking up other clubs rejects in the hope that they make a miraculous turn around.

Do not want Butcher.
    If it's for nothing and he's adjudged best available at pick 249 or whatever our last pick is, then I'm comfortable with it.

We've made massive inroads to the kicking of both Smith & Talia and the partnership with VU completely changed Wood's running style in a single pre-season. For a late pick there are worse chances.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Was at a function last night and spoke to Daniel Cross and his wife, They were deeply upset to leave the dogs, but have moved on, Daniel will play on with the Dees next year then move into football fitness, he has no desire to coach.

As always Crossy is the consummate professional and a hell of a nice guy.

The same cannot be said for Hamish Mclachlan the Channel 7 tool, He is straight to the top of the biggest flogs ever in the history of flogs. Saw a little kid (maybe 6 or 7) say to him "Ive seen you on the Telly" he eyeballed the kid for about 5 seconds without saying anything and then turned around to talk some of his friends.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    The same cannot be said for Hamish Mclachlan the Channel 7 tool, He is straight to the top of the biggest flogs ever in the history of flogs. Saw a little kid (maybe 6 or 7) say to him "Ive seen you on the Telly" he eyeballed the kid for about 5 seconds without saying anything and then turned around to talk some of his friends.
    Not surprising in the slightest. There is a thread on a certain other forum where it is discovered and proved that Hamish has spent a lot of time filling in his own Wikipedia article in as wanky a fashion as possible under the username "rompingwins".
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Hamish does come across as an extremely self-absorbed flog.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Is Hamish the host of the Sunday morning footy show on C7?

I met him somewhere and he seemed OK. I only spoke with him for a couple of minutes though.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Is Hamish the host of the Sunday morning footy show on C7?

I met him somewhere and he seemed OK. I only spoke with him for a couple of minutes though.
    No, that's his brother Gil (Channel 7 run the AFL, right?).
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    Perhaps the 6 year old could have given Hamish some tips on business, given the ineptitude he's shown during his ill fated pursuits. In particular the collapse of the AFL Hall before it even opened it's doors.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

He's gonna be be the Billy Carter of this administration maybe.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    He's gonna be be the Billy Carter of this administration maybe.
    Hahaha, Billy Carter indeed.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't know where to put this, but seeing as it may potentially impact on our trading options I thought I'd put it here.
    Has anyone heard the rumour about Jeremy Cameron to the Saints for pick 1 and Armitage?
    Seems like massive unders for a guy of Cameron's ability and would also mean that the Saints would have to ensure they lost their remaining 4 games from here on in.
    If they did get him though it would be a massive coup and would make it almost impossible fir us to prise a Patton or Jaksch from GWS.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like an unlikely scenario to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Pick 4 or 5 of ours and a better player is just as likely. If Cameron is gettable, we need to be thinking very seriously about what he could do to our club.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Pick 4 or 5 of ours and a better player is just as likely. If Cameron is gettable, we need to be thinking very seriously about what he could do to our club.
    Been reported if Frawley leaves Melbourne they will most likely get the compensation pick immediately after their first round pick. We might get pick 6 or 7.