Thanks Thanks:  34
Likes Likes:  341
Page 23 of 149 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rumour Mill

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Rumour Mill

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Not exactly a statement of commitment to the Giants. He didn't even spell the one word he used correctly.
    Maybe he was doing a Rocky impersonation and meant youse, as in I will play for youse.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes as in thank *!*!*!*! my time in this shithole is done

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how that means he is leaving,did I miss something?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Rumour doing the rounds on the blues forum is we have offered Casboult 500k for next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Rumour doing the rounds on the blues forum is we have offered Casboult 500k for next year.
    To paraphase Paul Keating in 1990, if the answer is Casboult then it must have been a silly question.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't read to much into His reaction after a tight game.
    After all they're all his teammates and all around the same age.
    We've dodged bullets with Gumbleton and probably Dawes, yet we still aim for players with flaws to fill a gaping hole!!
    I just don't get it

Post Thanks / Like

I for one would love to get Casboult(we are paying overs, but we are going to have to do that no matter who we are after).
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I wouldn't read to much into His reaction after a tight game.
    After all they're all his teammates and all around the same age.
    We've dodged bullets with Gumbleton and probably Dawes, yet we still aim for players with flaws to fill a gaping hole!!
    I just don't get it
    it's because we haven't recruited with any semblance of balance for God knows how long and I've been banging on about it for ages. last year we had the perfect opportunity to land a decent KP prospect in Ben Brown, who is going well at finals bound north but we went for another midget half back flank hack in Fuller. It shits me to tears.

Brown would have cost us bugger all in $$ and a 3rd round pick. Instead, we are now being linked with anyone who is over 6 foot in the hope they become our KP messiah and will probably have to pay draft/trade overs. If we are throwing $500k at Casboult it means the lunatics have taken over the asylum at the Western Oval.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Do you honestly think Brown would be doing as well as he has without Petrie and Black to take the first and second tall defenders? Brown's only real point of difference to Casboult is the size of his hair.

10. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Do you honestly think Brown would be doing as well as he has without Petrie and Black to take the first and second tall defenders? Brown's only real point of difference to Casboult is the size of his hair.
    And about $200k a year in their pay packets which is obviously a negative for us

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    it's because we haven't recruited with any semblance of balance for God knows how long and I've been banging on about it for ages. last year we had the perfect opportunity to land a decent KP prospect in Ben Brown, who is going well at finals bound north but we went for another midget half back flank hack in Fuller. It shits me to tears.

Brown would have cost us bugger all in $$ and a 3rd round pick. Instead, we are now being linked with anyone who is over 6 foot in the hope they become our KP messiah and will probably have to pay draft/trade overs. If we are throwing $500k at Casboult it means the lunatics have taken over the asylum at the Western Oval.
    Well we needed and still need a half back with good skills as much as, if not more than, we need a key forward. Fair enough to compare Fuller to Brown in terms of their results, but I hardly think we'd be complaining if Fuller had come on in his first season and played a lot of seniors.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Desperate needs call for desperate measures. Well if he takes the best defender then Jones, Stringer and Crameri may benefit out of the acquisition. His selection to me is more about these three than him making any type of meaningful scoreboard contribution. Clearly there is not much on offer in the KP stakes this trade period.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post

I remember you talking about this last year, and frankly, in hindsight, we should have done it. Fuller doesn't even look like VFL level let alone AFL.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    While we're on missed KF opportunities........
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Desperate needs call for desperate measures. Well if he takes the best defender then Jones, Stringer and Crameri may benefit out of the acquisition. His selection to me is more about these three than him making any type of meaningful scoreboard contribution. Clearly there is not much on offer in the KP stakes this trade period.
    While the $ being spoken of is clearly overs, I would welcome Levi to the kennel - not only a great mark, but a genuinely competitive second ruck option, not just makeshift pinch hit relief.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs