Thanks Thanks:  34
Likes Likes:  341
Page 31 of 149 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181131 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rumour Mill

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Rumour Mill

I might be one of the few that would be happy to ask the question about Harry OL - he's 27, which means we have the next two drafts to bring in a gun rebounder & develop them to replace Murphy.

Howard played multiple games for us this year and we're saying no to an AA rebounding defender who would easily be in our best 22?

We need to get better and I don't think we have a fantastic list.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

2. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I might be one of the few that would be happy to ask the question about Harry OL - he's 27, which means we have the next two drafts to bring in a gun rebounder & develop them to replace Murphy.

Howard played multiple games for us this year and we're saying no to an AA rebounding defender who would easily be in our best 22?

I have issues with Lumumba. I mean, when the President of the US visited our great nation Harry O'Brien - as he was know at the time - wanted to be the one to talk to him and tell him what was wrong with the world. He actually thought he could be the one to school the President of the largest super power in the world! Talk about an inflated sense of self importance.

Anyway, aside from me thinking he's a boofhead that's taking a bit longer than others to learn how to pick his moments I'm a bit like you, and would most certainly enquire about his services.

Having him and Wood busting fingers off half back with helicopters could be a concern though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doggies ftw View Post
    So to bring the thread back on topic...

From a pretty reliable guy on BF who has had good info (and saw something similar a few days ago from another reliable poster) were looking at trading Minno and Cooney.

And another one was about Sam Reid again, which seems to be growing legs.

Apparently Myke Pyke could be leaving Sydney, if that's the case and Sydney don't win the flag this year I can see them being interested in an AA ruck to really top them off (also remember another rumour a few weeks back saying Minno has business in Sydney) so we could maybe pull of a Reid/Minno trade which would be fantastic.

Take pick 5 to the draft and get another quality KPP for either end, trade Higgins compo for Jaksch if possible, and try and upgrade our 2nd rounder to a top 15 or so pick for Coons, and take a Duggan type. Along with Cordy and Foster and a whole new bunch of rookies (look for guys who full needs and have the highest upsides in rookie draft) and that would be a brilliant offseason.
    Minsons brother Hugh has a business out of Sydney. Is Will apart of it?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Minsons brother Hugh has a business out of Sydney. Is Will apart of it?
    I got no idea sorry was just a post a few weeks back saying he wants to go to Sydney as he has business over there and if that's true about his brother that maybe gives it a bit more credibility.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I have issues with Lumumba. I mean, when the President of the US visited our great nation Harry O'Brien - as he was know at the time - wanted to be the one to talk to him and tell him what was wrong with the world. He actually thought he could be the one to school the President of the largest super power in the world! Talk about an inflated sense of self importance.

Yes, I recall that little episode very clearly. I remember a few of us at work laughing about it incredulously... Of course one old, feral Collingwood supporter defended him. There's always one!

The guy's delusional. Takes himself way, way too seriously and is clearly a pain in the arse.. I wouldn't like him at Footscray.

7. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He seems like a fairly decent person to me however I don't think we need the possible/likely sideshow that comes with him. We have enough issues to sort out without the risk of further distractions.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Could he identify and be an ambassador with different multi-cultural communities within the west. He seems to be looking for an avenue, it could be win/win.

Post Thanks / Like

Could be worse he could be some bogan who loves a drink and a punt.

I wouldn't be against getting Harry O.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stevw9 View Post
    Could he identify and be an ambassador with different multi-cultural communities within the west. He seems to be looking for an avenue, it could be win/win.
    and it sounds like he would get along like a house on fire with Bob Murphy.

They could solve all the world's problems while they train together.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    He seems like a fairly decent person to me however I don't think we need the possible/likely sideshow that comes with him. We have enough issues to sort out without the risk of further distractions.
    Me too, his heart is in the right place. Maybe coming out of the spotlight at Collingwood the sideshow wouldn't follow. Maybe.....

I'd be reluctant to have him but we could do worse.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep hearing football is a business.
    Put it this way, if you put slogans on a wall where many of us work you'd soon be unemployed.
    You know what,maybe he is over sensitive on issues but at least he isn't getting into fights, and fitting the stereotypical sportsman .
    Fancy sportsman having opinions( perish the thought)

14. Likes chef, The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Anyway, aside from me thinking he's a boofhead that's taking a bit longer than others to learn how to pick his moments I'm a bit like you, and would most certainly enquire about his services.

Having him and Wood busting fingers off half back with helicopters could be a concern though.
    I'm not sure where you got all this from he's actually a very decent, caring person and he was earmarked by the AFL to meet with Obama in order to discuss the game. Harry has his own unique spin on the world but is generally a peaceful person - I think that was going to be his message to Obama - a peaceful solution to global conflict. Idealist? Probably. Do we need him at 28 years of age next season? Probably not.

Post Thanks / Like

Harry wants to save the world. Noble sentiment but I imagine he would be a handful to manage. Whilst he would improve our team I wonder how much angst it would cause behind the scenes. Sounds to me like everyone is walking on egg shells around Harry, concerned that innocent comments are going to be taken the wrong way. Do we really need that?
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post

He was a good rebounding defender when Collingwood had more experienced players around him (2009-2011), but as a few of them begun to drop in form and were traded away or retired, his effectiveness plummeted because he simply couldn't defend.

Buckley played him up the ground on a wing this season to hide his weaknesses (defending) and exploit his strengths (running the lines).

He's still a solid player but for a bottom side who struggles to defend all over the ground, he's more trouble than he's worth. For a top 6 side, Harry could be a good get.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

He reminds me of a rockstar or a Hollywood actor, in that he surrounds himself with yes men that tell him he's brilliant and highly intelligent, when in reality he's thick as shit and has an overinflated sense of self worth. That doesn't make him a bad person, but it does make him a pain in the arse to be around. People like that don't fit a team sport environment.

As a player he's not what we need either. He can't defend and isn't a great user of the ball.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships