Thanks Thanks:  34
Likes Likes:  341
Page 4 of 149 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rumour Mill

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Rumour Mill

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    John Butcher to Dogs.
    Is this something that is being speculated or are you offering the name up for discussion?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Is this something that is being speculated or are you offering the name up for discussion?
    Tall forward, not in the best 22 at their club ATM, going on every journo or rumour peddler for the last 20 years it must be like sun after night that we must be linked to him. Speculation, rumour, discussion... All of the above.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Hang on BT, now I'm confused. Have you heard this Butcher rumour or are you speculating?

We know who he is, he kicked a bag against us last year or the year before but we still won. Jammy bastard was kicking goals out of his arse.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Or read it somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Or read it somewhere.
    Pure speculation my friend. In about 6 weeks every editor will get their journo's to write an article a day about an opposition tall forward being linked to the dogs because we don't have a KPF... Happens like clock work every year, for once I wanted to get in first and Butcher was the first name I thought of. Could have easily been Vickery, but wasn't. Not a real rumour, but a rumour, started by me with no basis whatsoever.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Pure speculation my friend. In about 6 weeks every editor will get their journo's to write an article a day about an opposition tall forward being linked to the dogs because we don't have a KPF... Happens like clock work every year, for once I wanted to get in first and Butcher was the first name I thought of. Could have easily been Vickery, but wasn't. Not a real rumour, but a rumour, started by me with no basis whatsoever.
    So just a Robbo tempter then?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    So just a Robbo tempter then?
    Robbo... Can you equally love and not love something at the same time? I love 360, it just works perfectly, but Robinson....

Post Thanks / Like

Robbo... Can you equally love and not love something at the same time? I love 360, it just works perfectly, but Robinson....
    I saw him drawing down on a fag outside Docklands last night as I was walking in to the ground. Man, that thing was shown no mercy at all in a brutal display and Robbo's a pretty big bastard.

John Butcher was a player I identified earlier this year as being a bit of a mystery as I don't follow much of Port. What's his SANFL form like, surely if he was in good enough nick he'd be getting a game.

Post Thanks / Like

Jarrad Waite anyone? When he's on song, not a bad player.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Jarrad Waite anyone? When he's on song, not a bad player.
    Absolutely not.

This is his cycle - average game, average game, better game, good game, injured, miss two weeks, average game, better game, reported, miss two weeks. Repeat.

His age profile is all wrong as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Absolutely not.

This is his cycle - average game, average game, better game, good game, injured, miss two weeks, average game, better game, reported, miss two weeks. Repeat.

His age profile is all wrong as well.
    Great work. That's one of the most accurate biographies I have ever read.

Post Thanks / Like

He writes well but I can't stand listening to him or watching him. Everyone's mate.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

From memory isn't John Butcher a strong mark poor kick who isn't best 22? Basically an inferior Sam Reid who is a better Liam Jones?

Butcher would cost too much and while unlike Jones he is having to compete with decent key forwards in a decent side being a worse player than other guys in your position is no guarantee of being a good player, eg. Callan, Prismall etc.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    From memory isn't John Butcher a strong mark poor kick who isn't best 22? Basically an inferior Sam Reid who is a better Liam Jones?

Butcher would cost too much and while unlike Jones he is having to compete with decent key forwards in a decent side being a worse player than other guys in your position is no guarantee of being a good player, eg. Callan, Prismall etc.
    I don't know how Butcher is still on an AFL list. Well I do (he's tall) but it's stupid.

Can't catch, terrible kick, average athleticism, bad hair; we'd pay overs for him too. No way.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I don't know how Butcher is still on an AFL list. Well I do (he's tall) but it's stupid.

Can't catch, terrible kick, average athleticism, bad hair; we'd pay overs for him too. No way.
    Only turned 23 on Thursday
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff