Thanks Thanks:  34
Likes Likes:  341
Page 8 of 149 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rumour Mill

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Rumour Mill

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I've heard from a good source that we're going to start trialling Jones at CHB and that Matthew Scarlett thinks he's got the potential to be an All Australian defender.
    BT started this rumour 4 weeks ago, along with Christianity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post
    BT started this rumour 4 weeks ago, along with Christianity.
    I think 3AW breakfast speak is the post you referred to is 'rumour is fact', if you know what I mean...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard a similar rumour coming out of GWS D'Marquis, I can't remember where I heard it (might be your post directly above), but it sounds like there must be some substance to it. If someone who's as well connected to some of the GWS player's families as you are saying it's a done deal then that's good enough for me.

So now that Patton will be a Dog next year does he play alongside Campbell up forward and we start looking to trial Jones at CHB?
    My cousins went to school with a certain GWS co-captain right throughout high school as some know. Won't tip them in, but Higgins and that co-captain are best mates, a bond like Wallace and Nat Brown had. The flip side is 'rumour is fact' some big lads looking for an elite midfield to feed them delivery so they can have the best careers possible are paying attention to a certain young midfield brigade to make them champions and premierships players. I think we need to finish the year off well and I think we might be looking at a great pre-season.

As for Jones, i've heard murmurs about Scarlett is keen to work with him. This week's killing down back makes the case stronger.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard a similar rumour coming out of GWS D'Marquis, I can't remember where I heard it (might be your post directly above), but it sounds like there must be some substance to it. If someone who's as well connected to some of the GWS player's families as you are saying it's a done deal then that's good enough for me.

So now that Patton will be a Dog next year does he play alongside Campbell up forward and we start looking to trial Jones at CHB?
    Well, according to my husband's uncle's partner's cousin's next-door-neighbour's hairdresser's dog, Patton to the Kennel is a sure thing. Get that media?
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

cheer up, in a rumour thread, substance is not required, be creative, a Good Source is good enough for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    My cousins went to school with a certain GWS co-captain right throughout high school as some know. Won't tip them in, but Higgins and that co-captain are best mates, a bond like Wallace and Nat Brown had. The flip side is 'rumour is fact' some big lads looking for an elite midfield to feed them delivery so they can have the best careers possible are paying attention to a certain young midfield brigade to make them champions and premierships players. I think we need to finish the year off well and I think we might be looking at a great pre-season.

As for Jones, i've heard murmurs about Scarlett is keen to work with him. This week's killing down back makes the case stronger.

I went to school with a certain co-captain's mother. Her dad was Billy Gunn the South Melbourne player. The co-captain has good footy genes on both sides. His dad Greg was a good player in some good VFA teams.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I can't believe this rumour I started 3 weeks ago has taken off like wildfire. Another scarily accurate insight. For my next completely made up rumour for the media to take up... John Patton is believed to told he wants out of GWS at years end and has nominated the dogs which should be done early with our pick 5, a player and smooth FA negotiations for Higgins to GWS said to be on the table from our end.
    That is literally unbefuddlinglievable.

I won't believe it until he's seen having a coffee at the Pound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That is literally unbefuddlinglievable.

I won't believe it until he's seen having a coffee at the Pound.
    I heard from a barista who works at a coffee shop in a football ground in Footscray that Patton was seen having coffee with BMac, Peter Gordon, and Bonti this afternoon. Bonti even signed a poster of himself for big Jon.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

I am not ashamed to admit I would cry tears of joy if we could snare Patton.

Jones to CHB sounds good, too.

Damn, these rumour mill threads.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't one of the criticisms of him (along with his horrendous kicking) that he won't listen to his coaches and can't be told anything. I wouldn't want a player with a massive flaw that also isn't prepared to try to fix it.
    If he is anything like that he won't get through our screening. It's only speculation that links the Dogs with Butcher anyway
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    Well, according to my husband's uncle's partner's cousin's next-door-neighbour's hairdresser's dog, Patton to the Kennel is a sure thing. Get that media?

Oooh - I'll take this as fact then!! "General Patton" has such a lovely ring to it.

Also 10 out of 10 for using possessives so well. And may I guess that the subject dog's name (seeing as he is owned by a hairdresser) is Fido, with correct spelling PHIDEAUX.

WOOF WOOF.
    Josie :)

Our day will come
    And we'll have everything.
    We'll share the joy
    Just like '54 again.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard from a barista who works at a coffee shop in a football ground in Footscray that Patton was seen having coffee with BMac, Peter Gordon, and Bonti this afternoon. Bonti even signed a poster of himself for big Jon.
    As a lawyer Peter Gordon would deal with barristers all the time. So it must be true.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    As a lawyer Peter Gordon would deal with barristers all the time. So it must be true.

PG is a barrister so he'd make a lovey cup of coffee.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I think he is right up there in the top echelon of dickheads in the entire comp, with illustrious company like Taylor Adams and Toby Greene. And aside from 1.5 games a season he isn't even good.
    Thought I'd share my Waite experience to even things up, we had a fairly sick young Carlton supporter down at the local junior footy club a few years back. Waite was good enough to come down to give him a cheer up, ended up staying for over an hour and ran training for the ill lad's team. Sounds capable of passing the dickhead test to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Thought I'd share my Waite experience to even things up, we had a fairly sick young Carlton supporter down at the local junior footy club a few years back. Waite was good enough to come down to give him a cheer up, ended up staying for over an hour and ran training for the ill lad's team. Sounds capable of passing the dickhead test to me.
    I dickhead ON the field though. Might be the nicest guy in the world but gee he's a complete tool once he runs on to a footy ground