Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Three Things I've Learned - Round 18 Edition

Once the Round 18 match against Essendon is completed, let us know the three things you learned after watching the match.

Be constructive but be honest.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three Things I've Learned - Round 18 Edition

As usual three, 3.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Our talent is going to be massive, led by Bonts.
    Austin and Redpath should not be on the list
    Cooney looked lost as the sub
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

My learnings this weeks pose questions and I wonder if any who saw the game live would care to answer:

1. Stringer is playing more and more like a key forward but what about his marking? Where is that at?
    2. Bontempelli is a genius and can take a contested mark inside the 50 to boot. Today, listening on the radio, he was like Jezza. Could he be a key forward?
    3. Another week where it seems that that our younger brigade have taken over. Have we seen the changing of the guard?
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Our defensive unit need to do some bonding. Help your mates out when they're getting beat.

Stringer is finding his feet at this level and we have a real nice player there.

Ryder can jump all over Will. Will is not aloud to even make contact with Ryder.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Butchering the ball under pressure will always kill you. When it is senior blokes like Boyd and Cooney it effects the entire group.

2. Our young brigade are going to be very good although they did run out of puff today.

3. BONTEMPELLI could be a key forward just an incredibly smart footballer.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Umps love the bombre cartel.
    Gotta get another big defensive option. - please step up Talia!
    Our youth is exciting - and another pre-season will get us running to the bell. We ran out of puff today.
    I'm paying money, the girl's happy, she's got no money, I got my rocks off, how good is this...

Post Thanks / Like

We're slowly mastering our forward press, at times today we locked the ball in, created a turnover through pressure, structure and our focus on the task at hand - very good signs.

We're definitely one good key defender short, and Austin may prove himself capable as a stop gap, but he's never going to be able to hold down a key position role for us.

JJ has his confidence back got to some great spots today and worked hard to influence the game. Whilst the stats show he was efficient, it was my view he turned the ball over quite a bit today - once he neatens up his disposal (consistently), he can be a star for us.

Post Thanks / Like

We miss Tommy Williams, no way Carlisle can kick 8.2 on him.
    Talia needs to be fast tracked.
    Again we are one KPF and KPD away from a scary good team.

Post Thanks / Like

People love to jump on player's deficiencies but completely ignore their positives. Boyd is a case in point. Some of his efforts were heroic.

Bonts has seriously the best hands in our team.

Will can do the job for three quarters.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Our young group of players coming through together are almost all natural footballers and good decision makers
    2. We need another tall defender but we also need to embrace team defence a lot better when the opposition have it
    3. The sub should be activated as late as possible when you are in control of a game - double whammy tonight when our only tagging back-up option, Picken, was taken off and Wallis got injured straight after.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Seriously questioned Roughy as a key back tonight, his lack of athleticism and acceleration is telling. Sitting in the pocket right behind him he was lucky to not give away 4 or 5 free kicks because he just grabs and holds onto blokes knowing he can't match them on the lead.

2. Macca has little faith in Austin as key back, he at least deserved a crack at Carlisle at some stage during the carnage.

3. Bontempelli could kick 500 as a key forward, smarts and beautiful hands.

Post Thanks / Like

We need two players of 195+ to fill a spot at each end of the ground, and supplement what we already have. Up forward we might still see Jones make it, I hope Fletch can be that player back

Jake Stringer once he gets stronger and aerobically fitter is going to be one of the most dangerous players in the competition. He's the utility we've been looking for

Luke Dahlhaus is just a little bit of polish away from being A-grade. He is amazing overhead for his height, fantastic at ground level and always able to create opportunities when he's near the ball

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    1. Stringer is playing more and more like a key forward but what about his marking? Where is that at?
    His marking is good but he doesn't play like a key forward, he'll go for the mark 1 on 1 but in a pack situation he becomes a rover. Got a couple of goals today doing that, peeling off the contest just before the ball arrived like he was doing before we sent him to defense

2. Bontempelli is a genius and can take a contested mark inside the 50 to boot. Today, listening on the radio, he was like Jezza. Could he be a key forward?
    He played as a key forward last week and this week and was more effective than Redpath both times

3. Another week where it seems that that our younger brigade have taken over. Have we seen the changing of the guard?
    Murphy & Morris were as important today as ever, but we definitely have more youngsters taking central roles

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    1. Seriously questioned Roughy as a key back tonight, his lack of athleticism and acceleration is telling. Sitting in the pocket right behind him he was lucky to not give away 4 or 5 free kicks because he just grabs and holds onto blokes knowing he can't match them on the lead.
    Think it was just a bad game for him. Seemed to have trouble knowing where to position himself and judging the flight of the ball all game

1. Redpath isn't improving quickly enough and has a lot to work on if he is going to make it. 3 games should be enough for us to decide whether to keep him another year, Jones or Campbell have to come in to help us out

2. Austin is considered a 3rd tall by our coaches, staggering he didn't get Carlisle at quarter time

3. Dahlhaus still struggles with his kicking and won't be truly elite unless it improves
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

1. We will continue to struggle by playing one ruckman in Minson.
    2. Redpath is still a work in progress and prefer to see Campbell to provide a better option up forward and as the second ruckman.
    3. Great to see the continued improvement being shown by Macrae Stringer Hrovat Bontempelli and Hunter.