Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  20
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Higgins....How hard should the club fight to keep him?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I think most neutrals would take Greenwood over Higgins.
    Not North clearly and for good reason. They have no one outside of Thomas to finish the job up forward outside of their talls. Greenwood had a good season but he's unproven and that's probably why it was only Collingwood and us who were interested. We were only interested in him because, well, to put it mildly we seem to be into most available players and Collingwood went hard because they have space and are minus a player with Beams moving out. We may have got Greenwood if Beams stayed.

I'll take your word for it re. Greenwood but I'm not convinced long-term. He's been too inconsistent in the past and he may just have done a Minson c. 2013 this year. Time will tell I suppose. As for Shaun I thought he had a good year and him going back to the seconds surprised me and I suspected it had nothing to do with form at all, rather he wasn't doing what he was asked to do , or doing the 1%ers well enough. Higgins will be very important for North and their immediate needs and they've identified that and made their decision. It's a decision that comes with risk but they obviously feel they can get more out of Shaun than what we did and they may do just that.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick report that I have spoken to 3 Norf supporters at work and they are flabbergasted with the size and length of the contract given to Higgins. They felt that our pick 26 compensation is overs.

Officially on the Bus-wagon

3. Thanks Maddog37 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Just a quick report that I have spoken to 3 Norf supporters at work and they are flabbergasted with the size and length of the contract given to Higgins. They felt that our pick 26 compensation is overs.

They do realise that what they offered, is why we got what we got?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

5. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    They do realise that what they offered, is why we got what we got?
    Exactly!

Post Thanks / Like

I can actually see Shaun kicking 30 goals for North next year, in a half forward and midfield role.

As far as our club is concerned, with Higgins and Gia leaving we are now without the two best finishers we've had for the last four or five years.

Whilst we think we've done well to get a second round pick for Shaun, it's imperative that Dickson stands up and puts in a few good years for us in the true position Shaun should have been playing with us. I think he can do it, but I really hope he becomes an injury free player.

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't give a continental what Shaun does for Norf, nor Brian at Hawthorn.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I couldn't give a continental what Shaun does for Norf, nor Brian at Hawthorn.
    Remi to the power of SICK!

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone needs amusement, just go the Norf BF page and check the relevant threads. There are a lot of commentors who are spewing at the loss of Greenwood and blaming the size of the Higgins deal for him leaving, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

With Higgo and Griff being besties do we think the club pretty much letting Shaun walk had an affect on Ryan?
    The curse is dead.