Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Demons ask for priority pick - any other woofers outraged?

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    It is incredulous and shameless for Melbourne to ask for further assistance. But then again they have been given handout after handout (thanks for summarising, Webby) and are accustomed to the handout culture - that is why they will never proactively get their act together of their own volition.
    Seconded.

I don't even really want to comment on it, such is the despair I have for their audacity.

They should fold.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

It is a shame, they have some bloody loyal supporters. I can understand why they asked the question, they have had a decade as a basket case, and were a bit stiff losing Mitch Clarke. I actually think they need a coach like Macca at this point, not a gun for hire in Roos. How can he expect the team to invest in him when they know he'll be off before they know it? Mark Neald really killed them, he seemed like a pig of a man, and he couldn't inspire a dog to take a shit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    That's fine with me, I'll trade Howard for their 1st pick and Austin for their 2nd.
    What a terrible thing to say. If we traded them to Melbourne they'd have their careers ruined and turn into horrible AFL footballers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy Contradicts Law View Post
    It is a shame, they have some bloody loyal supporters. I can understand why they asked the question, they have had a decade as a basket case, and were a bit stiff losing Mitch Clarke. I actually think they need a coach like Macca at this point, not a gun for hire in Roos. How can he expect the team to invest in him when they know he'll be off before they know it? Mark Neald really killed them, he seemed like a pig of a man, and he couldn't inspire a dog to take a shit.
    Bit harsh on Neeld, for a first time, young coach that was just about the worst gig imaginable.

Dean Bailey should have been their Macca, strong development background and took over when the list was at it's youngest after the decent Daniher period. They panicked after Geelong smacked them and he did have the playing okay footy. His win/loss stats match up quite reasonably with Macca. Would have been interesting to see where he took them with another year or two.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    So now Roos has said today he will trade away their early draft picks again....
    Which is totally reasonable if they can broker a deal as per trading pick 2 to GWS.. I think it was a win/win for both parties.

Post Thanks / Like

So they want a priority pick but they don't want it, so it's not to rebuild its to take an older player who will probably be gone in 5 years when they completely stuff up his football career and they are in the same hole they were in when they got him?
    Who would want to go there ?
    How does another club talk a player into going to Melbourne ??
    A good player would say shove it, I'm going somewhere else.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

They want trade currency. They are trying to get a 3 for the price of 2
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Just on a side note. Is Mitch Clark ever likely to play again? I know he has had some mental issues, and am not downplaying those for a minute, but people's health is ever-changing and would another chance at a family club with a better culture be something that could be beneficial for him? Health and well-being first, but it's truly such a waste of immense talent, I think he would rather look back later in his life and say he gave it another crack.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy Contradicts Law View Post
    Just on a side note. Is Mitch Clark ever likely to play again? I know he has had some mental issues, and am not downplaying those for a minute, but people's health is ever-changing and would another chance at a family club with a better culture be something that could be beneficial for him? Health and well-being first, but it's truly such a waste of immense talent, I think he would rather look back later in his life and say he gave it another crack.
    These were his last public comments

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1226944776599

he should stay away IMO. Not worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hadn't read that, thanks. Yep that's good enough for me, long may his improved health and perspective continue.

Post Thanks / Like

Saints say if Melbourne gets a PP then they should
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    They get their free kicks on the ground!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Although I despise the 'Aints, you can't question their logic on this. They are, after all, worse than Melbourne at present.
    Simple, sensible solution: Don't give priority picks to anyone. It won't happen in any case.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Although I despise the 'Aints, you can't question their logic on this. They are, after all, worse than Melbourne at present.
    Simple, sensible solution: Don't give priority picks to anyone. It won't happen in any case.
    Agree with this. Go with the sensible solution.

The only other thing I could see being helpful to Melbourne would be something along the line of a mid second round pick which they HAVE to trade for a player or lose. If they don't use it, thats all well and good. If they can get a semi-decent player at that point in the draft, they can benefit and other clubs are not as adversely affected (particularly with regards to those precious 1st rounders).

I'd prefer them to get nothing but any thoughts on this idea?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wimberga View Post
    Agree with this. Go with the sensible solution.

The only other thing I could see being helpful to Melbourne would be something along the line of a mid second round pick which they HAVE to trade for a player or lose. If they don't use it, thats all well and good. If they can get a semi-decent player at that point in the draft, they can benefit and other clubs are not as adversely affected (particularly with regards to those precious 1st rounders).
    I'd prefer them to get nothing but any thoughts on this idea?
    That would be better than a PP. All a PP does is piss off all the other clubs who are forced to take a later pick. We have had enough of the GC, GWS and PP's this last 10 years to effect all the bottom clubs one way or the other.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.