Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  10
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management moving into 2015

Quote Originally Posted by gogriff View Post
    He's slower than Roughead, would get burnt on the lead. He's really only got one trick, contested marking. Doesn't get easy ball on the lead, not particularly smart, and kicks it like a 10 year old throwing it up then swinging a boot at it.

If Carlton are looking to upgrade him to Bellchambers, shouldn't we be looking at Bellchambers too?
    On what basis is he slow...or slower than Roughead? He got the ball fairly easily on the lead against us in round 5.
    He runs done Courtney Dempsey in that 2012 highlights package so he mustn't be an iceberg!

I'm certainly in agreeance with you that he's no defender. And I'm not 100% on board with getting him if it's too big a price - but the kid is a pretty good athlete...and 6 marks a game is probably more than any of our talls have produced this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Cordy was fast from 'soft' according to those who went to the VFL game.
    Agreed, Cordy is turning into a man out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    On what basis is he slow...or slower than Roughead? He got the ball fairly easily on the lead against us in round 5.
    He runs done Courtney Dempsey in that 2012 highlights package so he mustn't be an iceberg!

I'm certainly in agreeance with you that he's no defender. And I'm not 100% on board with getting him if it's too big a price - but the kid is a pretty good athlete...and 6 marks a game is probably more than any of our talls have produced this year.
    It's more about where he gets his marks - around the ground as 2nd ruck. If we need this great if we are looking for a FF to mark deep forward against quality backs we need to draft, wait or look elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Cordy was fast from 'soft' according to those who went to the VFL game.
    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He certainly isnot soft and throws his weight around a bit now.
    Look forward to seeing it next year in the seniors, then.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Dempsey had no awareness and wasn't at full pace. Like most big blokes, it takes him a while to get a head of steam up, it's the acceleration from a standing start that counts on the lead.
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

That ball drop is cringeworthy.

I'm not that keen, Jones has also had seasons where he has had impressive contested marking stats and Casboult seems to be just as inconsistent. If he comes cheaply I'd be open to it but I would be dissapointed if we offered a big contract as is being rumoured when he seems to be only slightly above Campbell and Jones' level with very similiar strengths.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Ben McEvoy? - I understand he only signed with the Hawks last year and they did give up a fair bit to aquire him (First rounder and Savage)

But if the Hawks continue with the Ceglar/Hale combo throughout this final series, could the lure of more game time and opportunity be enough to make him want to leave a successful side?

He is great around the ground and has shown to be more than handy up forward. Better yet he is only 25.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    That ball drop is cringeworthy.

I'm not that keen, Jones has also had seasons where he has had impressive contested marking stats and Casboult seems to be just as inconsistent. If he comes cheaply I'd be open to it but I would be dissapointed if we offered a big contract as is being rumoured when he seems to be only slightly above Campbell and Jones' level with very similiar strengths.
    He's a better mark than Dawes but Dawes is a far better kick, both are ok 2nd ruck options. I think most of us breathed a sigh of relief when Dawes chose the Demons. I hope we're not going to pay 500k pa.