Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I don't know what to say...

Don't know what to say or where to start on this result...

Gob smacked.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well, I don't know what to say...

Thinking exactly the same thing, this was a Giants side with the cue in the rack. The harsh reality is we finished 3 games off the bottom.

Post Thanks / Like

Tough end to a tough season.

Pick 5 needs to be a winner.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess we got one over Carlton. They thought they could stuff up the last minute of their game to get pick 5, but we are the masters. If Carlton are interested in Jayden Foster this works very well.....

How do we do this, seriously.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is we need a serious clean out of players below par. I can say at least 10 that need to be cleaned out. More to come as I am on the train and pissed off we get between by that team
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

We weren't on all day, only wanting to win for Gia got us back in it
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

It would be tempting to slit my wrists over this result, and I might, but I am going to try hard to not let the fact it was a first loss to an expansion team amplify my reaction. The league has ensured that this scenario will play out for all expansion teams against all clubs at some point.

Allowing for that...

What a kick in the guts to end the year. Rolled by a team that had pulled up stumps. Blown by our brightest star in the forward line when it was there for the taking. Comical performance from the team to find themselves in that scenario in the first place. What a horror.

Post Thanks / Like

Why this thread ?
    I'm as pissed as the next bloke,and after our local footy most likely more, I know it was disappointing but after a long season surely we don't this and all posts could all be posted in the game day thread.
    We entered our 50 over 20 times more than the opposition, if we get a key forward and Crameri, Stringer get the second and third string back man things should be different.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

9. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I really wanted this win for 3 main reasons

1) For Gia
    2) to not lose to GWS
    3) to give us some momentum into next year.

I haven't been as gutted after a loss for a while
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

1) For Gia
    2) to not lose to GWS

When I grow up I will try to articulate myself like this. This is a real bad one, I will try humour to dull it, but this is such a bad, bad, bad loss for many reasons. Last year we finished down too but we could look with optimism to the post/pre season.

We need to cut the list hard. Cooney, Minson, Higgins need a serious question as does Boyd. Rookie list clean out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

1) For Gia
    2) to not lose to GWS

We had momentum at the end of last year. Didn't help much. They've got 6 months to get over it. It was a bad loss, now the real work begins.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    When I grow up I will try to articulate myself like this. This is a real bad one, I will try humour to dull it, but this is such a bad, bad, bad loss for many reasons. Last year we finished down too but we could look with optimism to the post/pre season.

We need to cut the list hard. Cooney, Minson, Higgins need a serious question as does Boyd. Rookie list clean out.
    Cooney actually looked pretty great at times today. The chase down in the last to save a goal was excellent. He moved really well.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually quite ambivalent about today's loss. We were dreadful defensively and we played bruise free footy. There will be no end of season slapping on the back, which I think is much healthier than our tardy start to this season after finishing last year full of running. We have a ton of work to do and the footy world knows it.

15. Likes josie, Eastdog, The Pie Man, Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Today was disappointing but changes nothing. Bit of a silly thread TBH.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Will responded well after being dropped - felt he tried his guts out all day & was better around the ground. I'm upset we lost today too, however clearly not as much as others.

The poor starts are killing us, as is our inaccuracy in front of goal and we must find a way to dig ourselves out of these repeating issues.

I thought there were some quite bright spots for us today e.g. Fletcher held his own really well, Bonti, Hrovat, Stringer early, Morris, Griff, Cramers later in game, Libber & Murphy (as always a shining light) & Koby really added spark when he came on. If we do as much of a cleanout as some woofers seem to be thinking I think we will be putting too much faith in later draft later picks (aka lotto):- unless there are a lot of existing, available, good players from other clubs we can afford.

I thought Jones looked good in last qtr of vfl, playing I think loose man in defence - took some corker marks when pressure was on. All is not lost, and our recruiters have done well in recent years. Have faith !!!
    Josie :)

Our day will come
    And we'll have everything.
    We'll share the joy
    Just like '54 again.