Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well, I don't know what to say...

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I'm happy for Dahlhaus to be played through the midfield this and next season.

Winning games isn't of vital importance, so if his overall contribution to the team is less its ok. Therefore he can hopefully develop into a midfielder without the pressure to have to be a really good one, and if he fails after next season we have a readymade dangerous small forward for when we are good, or if he succeeds we have a dangerous midfielder to add into the mix. I think its win win.

If we were a finals contender now though I'd be more reluctant to play him so much in the middle.
    I have mentioned in other threads, that early in the year Macca said at a function, Dahl will continue going through midfield and Hrovat and Hunter will follow his path, ie forward line then slowly into the midfield as part of the rotations.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I'm happy for Dahlhaus to be played through the midfield this and next season.

Winning games isn't of vital importance, so if his overall contribution to the team is less its ok. Therefore he can hopefully develop into a midfielder without the pressure to have to be a really good one, and if he fails after next season we have a readymade dangerous small forward for when we are good, or if he succeeds we have a dangerous midfielder to add into the mix. I think its win win.

If we were a finals contender now though I'd be more reluctant to play him so much in the middle.
    I think he has the attributes to be a goal kicking midfielder ala Joey Montagna with a bit more zip. He's only played a handful of games in the midfield so I'd certainly like to see more. He is only 22 with 70 odd games to his name. I agree with the sentiments that we miss him playing deep forward though. If only there were two of him...

Post Thanks / Like

I think we get the most out of Dahlhaus' strengths when he is forward, and doesn't have the same impact on ball.
    I can see Hrovat as eventually strengthening the midfield and being suited there...but to me, Dahlhaus is a forward every day of the week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I think we get the most out of Dahlhaus' strengths when he is forward, and doesn't have the same impact on ball.
    I can see Hrovat as eventually strengthening the midfield and being suited there...but to me, Dahlhaus is a forward every day of the week.
    I tend to agree.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I'll add to the chorus and agree. Dahlhaus also improved his marking this year. Previously, he showed just about nothing in the air.

Hrovat looks like your classic 1st rover. I am impressed with him.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

6. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    I'll add to the chorus and agree. Dahlhaus also improved his marking this year. Previously, he showed just about nothing in the air.

Hrovat looks like your classic 1st rover. I am impressed with him.
    Honeychurch is another small that will be a better senior player next year. His determination and courage will take him a long way. Hrovat has always looked good because his skills are better than our smaller brigade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Honeychurch is another small that will be a better senior player next year. His determination and courage will take him a long way. Hrovat has always looked good because his skills are better than our smaller brigade.
    Besides the basic bag of elite level skills, Hrovat has shown a couple of extra tricks that could mean he will go a long way. He doesn't panic when he gets the ball in traffic; he backs himself to find that bit of extra time and space to do something constructive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    I getting right behind this bloke. Bulldog mosquito fleet in the making that will rival the great ones of past eras.