Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  58
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dissension in the Kennel?

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I remain pretty optimistic moving forward because we have some individuals who are both young AND have shown an ability to play effective AFL footy...but 2015 is really put up or shut up time in terms of 'teaching' the gameplan. It will be year 4 and it is time to push back up the ladder. Perceptions of whether the coach is good or otherwise on match day are sort of irrelevant to me at this stage - 2015 results are the only thing I am interested in (and I should have cut and pasted those last 10 words from my membership survey).
    Fully agree. We can't have the whole "we will teach them the right way to play" comments week after week next year.
    Comments I have read that indicate we aren't good on match day are in the main pure speculation

We need to see improvement next year given the investment that has been made to the footy department. The VFL side alone should have fast tracked a few players.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

That's one positive to take out of things. VFL side is firing. Or is it more the fact we have so many AFL listed players?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=mjp;397289]

I remain pretty optimistic moving forward because we have some individuals who are both young AND have shown an ability to play effective AFL footy...but 2015 is really put up or shut up time in terms of 'teaching' the gameplan. It will be year 4 and it is time to push back up the ladder. Perceptions of whether the coach is good or otherwise on match day are sort of irrelevant to me at this stage - 2015 results are the only thing I am interested in (and I should have cut and pasted those last 10 words from my membership survey).
    I agree with all this too - good call.

Post Thanks / Like

Think so as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    That's one positive to take out of things. VFL side is firing. Or is it more the fact we have so many AFL listed players?
    I've been banging on about this. Its AFL listed players who are VFL standard is the real reason our seconds are going well....

The Club calls it depth but in regards to our VFL team its list cloggers for the majority...

Half glass full though and I don't think we have ever had as much A grade junior talent on our list.... Just watch Stringer next year, the most underrated young player in the comp IMO. If he can continue to work hard he will make your forget about Jones,Grant,and co.

6. Likes Twodogs, The Doctor, F'scary, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    I've been banging on about this. Its AFL listed players who are VFL standard is the real reason our seconds are going well....

The Club calls it depth but in regards to our VFL team its list cloggers for the majority...

Half glass full though and I don't think we have ever had as much A grade junior talent on our list.... Just watch Stringer next year, the most underrated young player in the comp IMO. If he can continue to work hard he will make your forget about Jones,Grant,and co.
    Little bit harsh on a few, but agree there's a fair few good second tier players.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you on this. I have extremely high hopes for Jake.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Little bit harsh on a few, but agree there's a fair few good second tier players.
    I still have hopes for a few in particular JJ. I don't think it can be underestimated what the disgracefull bump from Cameron(still can't believe he wasn't outed for it) did to his confidence. Really enjoyed him late in the year and think its onwards and upwards for him.

Post Thanks / Like

I still have hopes for a few in particular JJ. I don't think it can be underestimated what the disgracefull bump from Cameron(still can't believe he wasn't outed for it) did to his confidence. Really enjoyed him late in the year and think its onwards and upwards for him.
    JJ just has that rare burst of speed, which he can execute even when turning in a tight arc. His speed burst allows him to have time to steady while kicking.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

I for one am not in the slightest bit concerned with what is reported to be going on behind close doors, all clubs need a bit of a shake up from time to time and players need a Rocket as well and some home truths, the strong will survive, and the rest..........