Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  58
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dissention in the Kennel?

This is all prefaced on rumour and innuendo.

DISHLICKERS Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Name names.
    I do not know of any names except for one who is assessing his options. I was merely responding to 1eyedog who said move out 4 or 5. What I was trying to say is you need to be careful because you move 4 or 5 now based on your current coaches list management assessment.

DISHLICKERS Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Like I said if it isn't any of the players I've named believe me we won't have a problem with the playing list in a couple of years time. I would argue that the list, and the club, will be damaged far more by being bent over the table by a few blokes who either have issues with discipline or are over-inflating their worth.
    You named 8 from a list of 38, so you would be ok with any of the other 30 going?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DISHLICKERS View Post
    I do not know of any names except for one who is assessing his options. I was merely responding to 1eyedog who said move out 4 or 5. What I was trying to say is you need to be careful because you move 4 or 5 now based on your current coaches list management assessment.
    ok, fair enough
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    If Minson isn't unhappy with his end of season review then we do have a problem.
    This raises an interesting point - would we really be happy with ~40 nice, pleasant end of season reviews at the club?

We finished 5th last and had a terrible last 6 weeks. I'd expect the end of season reviews to be unpleasant (and that will also go for the coaching group, which by all accounts it is).
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    What based on an off hand remark from Gerard Healy on the couch? He probably heard it from someone who'd heard it from someone calling up SEN.

If Minson isn't unhappy with his end of season review then we do have a problem.
    From what I read in an article he wasn't happy and knows he needs to work on things to make him a better player. Hopefully he takes the constructive criticism on board and works on these elements during the off-season to make him a better player (for our club).

Reviews can be a place where a few home truths are told and in a football environment these probably are harsher and more direct than in a 'normal' work environment. Individuals probably didn't like the fact that they had poor performance reviews, same as probably the coaching staff review (assuming they had one).

Post Thanks / Like

So is Macca having a bit each way here? Sells us all his style and persona, telling all and sundry his methods will work (like there is something he knows that no one else does). Then this apparent to shift away from that style. You would certainly think a confident coach would be pretty steadfast In their approach, variation from this approach is a worrying sign!

Post Thanks / Like

There's more theories on here than the Kennedy assassination .
    I'd be disappointed if all reviews of the footy department weren't harsh !
    We finished 14th !! For crying out loud.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy Contradicts Law View Post
    So is Macca having a bit each way here? Sells us all his style and persona, telling all and sundry his methods will work (like there is something he knows that no one else does). Then this apparent to shift away from that style. You would certainly think a confident coach would be pretty steadfast In their approach, variation from this approach is a worrying sign!
    I don't see a variation from the approach. If he is being harsh with the review why wouldn't that be just reinforcing the need to adhere to the path with those he feels have deviated.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

10. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I don't see a variation from the approach. If he is being harsh with the review why wouldn't that be just reinforcing the need to adhere to the path with those he feels have deviated.
    I don't mean his game plan, I mean his way of interacting with players.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mean his game plan, I mean his way of interacting with players.
    Nobody can be 100% nice
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Do we think Malthouse isn't liked by some of his players past or present?
    You've got forty blokes different personalities, different opinions , different backgrounds.
    Leigh Matthews and Don Scott couldn't stand each other.
    You can't give minimal output and expect a cuddle

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, more so that he should have been taking this harder line even earlier. It just smacks a bit of desperation that he seems to have changed his ways so abruptly. Anyway time will tell with Macca, he will either be proven a genius or a fraud.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, more so that he should have been taking this harder line even earlier. It just smacks a bit of desperation that he seems to have changed his ways so abruptly. Anyway time will tell with Macca, he will either be proven a genius or a fraud.
    Time will tell

Post Thanks / Like

He hasn't.

Why do you think he has?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers