Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  58
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shaun Higgins - Liam Jones - Easton Wood - Will they, or won't they?

Would be very disappointed to lose Wood. Regardless of his B&F result I loved watching him this year. Just looked like he belonged.

I'm in the 'give Jones one more year' camp. Would be shattered if he became a success at another club when we are crying out for a key forward. Not fussed about Higgins leaving.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Would be very disappointed to lose Wood. Regardless of his B&F result I loved watching him this year. Just looked like he belonged.

I'm in the 'give Jones one more year' camp. Would be shattered if he became a success at another club when we are crying out for a key forward. Not fussed about Higgins leaving.
    I agree with this although I prefer to keep Higgins, but if he leaves, I am not that worried either. I hate to lose a KPP and I am still pissed off seeing Lake play so well at the Hawks.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd prefer to keep all three.
    Higgins is finally injury free and may finally get some continuity.
    Similar sentiment for Wood. We must keep him.
    As for Jones, we all know he is not a #1 Banana. He will still make a good 2 or 3. Maturity will make him.
    Glass half full for mine.
    I'm paying money, the girl's happy, she's got no money, I got my rocks off, how good is this...

Post Thanks / Like

I'd also like to keep all three.

However, I think the club has put a sensible/responsible position together on Higgins, in that we would like to keep him and have demonstrated this by offering 2 years. But 4 years is not only risky with a player of his injury history - but I don't think Higgins has made himself essential enough to the team - to have earned a 4 year deal.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe we will keep all 3.

i am not fussed either way but if they are going need maximum value to get at least 3 good quality b grade KPP's on the list

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    I don't see why we can't get a trade. If I recall correctly, it is actually not often that a player walks and puts himself into the preseason draft.
    What trade value would Jones have? Playing him the last half in the Seconds is not really increasing his value.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rooner17 View Post
    What trade value would Jones have? Playing him the last half in the Seconds is not really increasing his value.
    Shop him around and see what's on offer. That will help establish his market value. If he doesn't take our offer based on what others are prepared to trade for him, then he can walk to the preseason and get a paltry offer there from someone who takes him as an afterthought.

Apologies to his supporters but I think his last 3 years will just keep on repeating ad nauseum.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Shop him around and see what's on offer. That will help establish his market value. If he doesn't take our offer based on what others are prepared to trade for him, then he can walk to the preseason and get a paltry offer there from someone who takes him as an afterthought.

Apologies to his supporters but I think his last 3 years will just keep on repeating ad nauseum.

I'm not an overly big fan of him, but I can't see a win for us if he leaves. Trade him and we won't get anything let's face it he couldn't get a game in a team screaming for his type so another team isn't going to pay overs. He walks and we lose. I say we persist with him give him what he wants to a certain extent and keep it all performance based. If he wants more coin then make him work for it.

I'm against shopping him around, we can only lose.

Post Thanks / Like

He might just do that. His father Bob Jones played for St.Kilda.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rooner17 View Post
    I'm not an overly big fan of him, but I can't see a win for us if he leaves. Trade him and we won't get anything let's face it he couldn't get a game in a team screaming for his type so another team isn't going to pay overs. He walks and we lose. I say we persist with him give him what he wants to a certain extent and keep it all performance based. If he wants more coin then make him work for it.

I'm against shopping him around, we can only lose.
    Well, it would open up a spot on the list for another recruit. As I have said, I have given up on Jones and a few others who have had plenty of chances but can't establish themselves at AFL level. Your comment "he couldn't get a game in a team screaming for his type..." says it all. Enough years of frustration, turn the list over.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    He might just do that. His father Bob Jones played for St.Kilda.
    If it stops the Saints from taking a tall with their first National draft pick that may not be such a bad thing(Jones walking to the PSD that is).
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    If it stops the Saints from taking a tall with their first National draft pick that may not be such a bad thing(Jones walking to the PSD that is).
    Personally I prefer him to stay but another Club might have got in his ear already.

DISHLICKERS Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Personally I prefer him to stay but another Club might have got in his ear already.
    Clubs not club

Post Thanks / Like

Which clubs?

DISHLICKERS Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Which clubs?
    Brisbane and one more but don't know who.