Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  33
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

3 things learned from Rd 9 vs Richmond 2024

Please list the 3 things learned from our R9 encounter against Richmond.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 things learned from Rd 9 vs Richmond 2024

1. Freijah looks ready for a block of AFL games - although the giants might test him more next week!

2. Our forwards still haven't learned to lead to different spots. When you watch Curnow/McKay/De Koning they almost never compete aerially against each other. We do it at basically every contest. It's a key change that we need to make to succeed against the teams with good interceptors.

3. I have repeatedly said that Harmes has been washed since 2021. That was certainly his best game in a number of years - but I won't be convinced until he does it against a semi decent team.

Post Thanks / Like

1. That doesn’t prove anything but doesn’t mean it wasn’t fun.

2. Keath and Duryea are still competent AFL players and we need to keep playing them.

3. Darcy is the already the smoothest player over 205cm of all time.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

1. Sam Darcy is so clean with his hands in the contest. He went at 100% DE tonight. Crazy. Four goals, spends time as the second ruck. Sky is the limit, literally.

2. Naughton season is slowly building. He is really starting to use his athletic ability to it?s full potential. He has also improved his set shot goal kicking.

3. Ed Richards needs to play midfield for the remainder of the season. He is a beautiful kick, extremely quick, spreads from the contest, has a defensive nous. Everything where the game is heading. We need to find out if he can be genuine inside midfielder.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    1. That doesn’t prove anything but doesn’t mean it wasn’t fun.

2. Keath and Duryea are still competent AFL players and we need to keep playing them.

3. Darcy is the already the smoothest player over 205cm of all time.
    On point 2, thought they were both cooked. When I saw Keath live in vfl at Willy i saw his leadership and appeared to have his strength back. Wanted him in.

Duryea has been very good all season.

6. Likes Mofra, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Treloar was magnificent and out of his 41 disposals only 5 turnovers, compared to 10 last week.

2. Impressive first up game for JF, moves nicely and will get better and better

3. Marra is trying too hard. Needs to relax more and his natural ability will get him through. I think his body language was more being disappointed in himself
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Likes Grantysghost, 1eyedog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. I've never been more confident a player approaching a contest is going to mark the ball as I have watching Sam Darcy. Ridiculous how good he is so early.

2. I can handle Treloar having no left foot when his right can pull s*** like that.

3. It never gets easier watching a serious injury unfold in front of you. Sending best wishes to Maurice Jr and Banks.

10. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    1. Sam Darcy is so clean with his hands in the contest. He went at 100% DE tonight. Crazy. Four goals, spends time as the second ruck. Sky is the limit, literally.

2. Naughton season is slowly building. He is really starting to use his athletic ability to it?s full potential. He has also improved his set shot goal kicking.

3. Ed Richards needs to play midfield for the remainder of the season. He is a beautiful kick, extremely quick, spreads from the contest, has a defensive nous. Everything where the game is heading. We need to find out if he can be genuine inside midfielder.
    Adding a fourth. How tough is Garcia? He got crunched a number of times but shook it off each time.

12. Likes Bullies, Mofra, jDogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    On point 2, thought they were both cooked. When I saw Keath live in vfl at Willy i saw his leadership and appeared to have his strength back. Wanted him in.

Duryea has been very good all season.
    GG are you feeling ok?

Someone pls check on GG.

14. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Son of, son of......Maaaaaaaaate!
    2. Genius move by the coach - Ed to the guts.
    3. Dogs can football.

Post Thanks / Like

1 - The coaches have done a really good job changing westy?s mindset. He has gone from being a very selfish football to most selfless we have on the list. I reckon his game would be highly regarded internally.

2 - Treloar would be a mile out in front of our BnF.

3 - Marra didn?t look right from the get go. I didnt like some of his efforts in the first half. Thought the effort was better in the second half. His skill level was pretty ordinary all game. Hope everything is okay.

Post Thanks / Like

1. The "You can't pay Bont, Naughton and Marra $1m+ per season" peeps are going to have to get used to Darcy being in that discussion. Naughton is arguably the most effective KPF in the competition stats wise, and Darcy's ceiling is perhaps higher.

2. Yeah I was wrong. Harmes can play.

3. Freijah will be the poster boy for the "20 game" rule. Just wait until he gets some composure.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

18. Likes azabob, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Need to be careful what we take out from playing one of the worst sides I have seen in many years.

1. FJ and Cleary looked very tidy.

2. Keath was hardly a world beater, but made our defensive structures look so much better, made JOD look much better, and possibly even Jones if that's possible.

3. Garcia is a much improved player from previous seasons form. Arguably our most improved player and certainly deserves his place in the team, and hopefully in the near future sometime in the midfield.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

20. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. It's easier to win the ball in the middle when the opposition doesn't apply pressure.
    2. It's easier to find a team mate by hand in a better position to deliver when the opposition doesn't intercept handballs.
    3. It's easier for forwards to take marks when the opposition doesn't block or body up.

22. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D Mitchell View Post
    1. It's easier to win the ball in the middle when the opposition doesn't apply pressure.
    2. It's easier to find a team mate by hand in a better position to deliver when the opposition doesn't intercept handballs.
    3. It's easier for forwards to take marks when the opposition doesn't block or body up.
    Check out Mr if I had no obstacles my life would be fine over here.......

Must be nice confidently knowing you wouldn't butcher it if you were running your own race.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.