Thanks Thanks:  60
Likes Likes:  504
Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

Quote Originally Posted by dukedog View Post
    Ha! Good on ya leppa. Good to give journo's some feedback on their dribble. Leppa just didn't have the cattle. Barrett is a spud!
    Flog and a Tool!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone caught the Sunday Footy Show yesterday, but he did a 180 degree change of tune that any politician would be proud of.

He congratulated Peter Gordon on his "interference" in the Tom Boyd trade, saying it was an extremely brave move and has been vital to us winning the flag. He spoke glowingly of Luke Beveridge.

No mention of an apology for all the bulldust he has been pedalling for the past 2 years. We won't forget Flog Barrett.
    At the family day after the GF win Danny McGinlay asked him about Purple's comments on Tom Boyd and His involvement ... with great aplomb Peter said "The good thing about some journalists is they're never wrong for long".
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

I can't think of any other journalist who riles coaches ( Leppa, Bevo ) like Barrett.
    Is there some code of honour that stops journo's pointing out the flaws of other journalists?
    I would have thought a confrontation like that would be well reported if it were player to player, or coach to coach.
    They made a drunken embrace by two of our boys ( who are best mates ) into a violent assault. Love how they get off Scott free.

Such hypocrites.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

4. Likes bulldogtragic, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Pfff, what does Richo know.
    Oh man. I can remember Richo embarrassing us a few times. Did he kick double figures against us once? Or he had kicked 9 in the first half or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I can't think of any other journalist who riles coaches ( Leppa, Bevo ) like Barrett.
    Is there some code of honour that stops journo's pointing out the flaws of other journalists?
    I would have thought a confrontation like that would be well reported if it were player to player, or coach to coach.
    They made a drunken embrace by two of our boys ( who are best mates ) into a violent assault. Love how they get off Scott free.

Such hypocrites.
    Those boys did their bit and more toward a proemership
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

6. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Such hypocrites.
    There is. When Bevo was on that show with Barrett and Caroline they tried their best to keep it off the table. As you said hypocrites.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Oh man. I can remember Richo embarrassing us a few times. Did he kick double figures against us once? Or he had kicked 9 in the first half or something like that.

Those boys did their bit and more toward a proemership
    Misplaced pronoun. What I meant is, the journalists blew the Boyd and Cordy thing right out of the water, making a mountain out of a molehill. But when it involves a journalist, it all goes quiet.
    The fact Leppa had to be physically restrained is quite extreme.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Misplaced pronoun. What I meant is, the journalists blew the Boyd and Cordy thing right out of the water, making a mountain out of a molehill. But when it involves a journalist, it all goes quiet.
    Unless it's a journo from another paper and it gives you the chance to pontificate about how you've never been so drunk that you drove your car into a pizza shop.

Post Thanks / Like

The fact Leppa had to be physically restrained is quite extreme.
    It probably says more about how well hinged Leppitsch is, to be fair. Happy to take the adulation as a premiership player, but not happy to take the criticism when the dogs breakfast he had a significant hand in creating gets exposed.

Some of his behaviour towards the media was pathetic towards the end of his tenure, and if he's having to resort to physical violence then he's an idiot.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It probably says more about how well hinged Leppitsch is, to be fair. Happy to take the adulation as a premiership player, but not happy to take the criticism when the dogs breakfast he had a significant hand in creating gets exposed.

Some of his behaviour towards the media was pathetic towards the end of his tenure, and if he's having to resort to physical violence then he's an idiot.
    Yep. Barrett is a grade A flog, of that there's no doubt. But Leppa's treatment of the media only fuelled the fire underneath himself and he refuses to take any responsibility for it. Then to want to bash or be held back and be seen to want to bash a journo when you've just got your old job back at Richmond is puerile. I wonder where Dusty learned it's okay to go out in public and threaten people and need to be restrained???
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

He never seemed keen on close examination of his reasons in pressers often turning the question back on the asker. They had a closed boys club up in Brisbane with Lethal minding the door and running interference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    He never seemed keen on close examination of his reasons in pressers often turning the question back on the asker. They had a closed boys club up in Brisbane with Lethal minding the door and running interference.
    One hundred per cent TD.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Barrett is a bit of a Dickie Knee, if you are old enough to remember him. Not inherently evil but extremely annoying and a bit of a mouth.

Post Thanks / Like

Barrett is a bit of a Dickie Knee, if you are old enough to remember him. Not inherently evil but extremely annoying and a bit of a mouth.
    And spineless. With someone else's hand up his arse.

16. Likes Topdog, bulldogtragic, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Curious sliding doors this morning: If...there is one club playing high-grade poker this trade period....then......it is the Dogs. Look out when they reveal their hand....

Very curious.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Curious sliding doors this morning: If...there is one club playing high-grade poker this trade period....then......it is the Dogs. Look out when they reveal their hand....

Very curious.
    He has no idea what we are doing

19. Likes hujsh, N/A liked this post