Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  512
Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

Barrett again muckraking on Footy Classified about our apparent favoured position with the umpiring fraternity.

Claims that "Clubs" have gone to the AFL with issues about us.

Terrible case of stirring the pot.

If he had gained any points with our Club he's cashed them in tonight.

What an awful man.

Post Thanks / Like

The club have been innovators and all the big sukes are trying to Cry poor unfar advantage. Gordon may have a case to ask for more from the equilisation fund if this tom foolery keeps goIng :
    Just some of the innovations I can think of atm , please add :
    1. Tom Boyd contract made a statement .
    2. Hand ball club
    3. Players rotate through Multiple positions
    4. Massive depth with half backs. No surprise montagna and rosa are being played there now
    5. Banking unused salary cap over multiple years
    6. Extending our young players way before their contracts are due. Head off any speculation
    7. No dickheads people policy
    8. KeepiNg senior players instead of dumping them like other clubs and crying for a second pick handout . And MboYd winning All Australian in 2016.
    9. Starting dedicated vfl team , i think we are second club to recognise need to develop our players for specific needs
    We should send this list to Barrett and ask him if ther is anything positive to report on the doggies. It would be a waste of time as all these points would be just turned into insepid negatives.
    10. InvestIng in the under dog gold nuggets: Caleb daniel( passed by other clubs due to size) , picken , and Dalhause(poor disposal) and keeping the faith in injured players like Redpath, Roarke, prudden
    11. And the biggest one we gave ALL clubs hope that they can win a premiership from anywhere , regardless of injuries and legacy issues and the rest of the Comp giving us no chance .

I will personally now ignore anything that is produced from him. Along with Schwartz, I would never do this as I love reading anything about the footy but had a gutful

12. probably add 1 more keepiNg players in vfl until they find form or have corrected the indicators they need to achieve
    Last edited by macca; 28-06-2017 at 12:53 AM.

3. Thanks Twodogs, KT31 thanked for this post
    Likes Sedat, bornadog, bulldogtragic, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Barrett again muckraking on Footy Classified about our apparent favoured position with the umpiring fraternity.

What an awful man.
    What's more awful is if clubs have actually complained (which im sure the ones he mentioned have).

I expect these unprofessional, childish claims from fans, but to come from clubs themselves is unbelievable. And it's quite honestly a slap in the face to our achievement. Tall poppy syndrome at its best. How dare the bulldogs have success. It's not possible, they must have cheated. To actually go to the AFL to complain about free kick tallies is unbelievable. They don't have to be even and i'm still waiting to see a case-by-case analysis for each call and non-call in our games. Because i could pick out half a dozen more free kicks we should have gotten in the grand final. I concede the calls went our way (it always goes one way) but not to any extra extent than it typically does in any game of any teams. I loved how Goddard called it "laughable" in regards to handball/throw allegations against us (which is ironic that clubs are doing it more than us this year, yet we're the ones being targeted). Sydney, Hawthorn and North are clearly in denial about their own issues if they are taking the time to complain to the AFL about free kick tallies. Give me a break.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post

What an awful man.
    I don't watch that show but saw a glimpse of Barrett talking about the free kicks on Twitter. What he fails to point out is if you look at the table of who gets a free kick then you would see the Frees for list is Brisbane, Dogs, NORTH, then Adelaide, Geelong Carlton and Port. Separating them is less than 1 free for per game.

There are a couple of whinging clubs like Swans that asked the AFL about frees, but Barrett makes out it is a lot of clubs complaining.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't watch that show but saw a glimpse of Barrett talking about the free kicks on Twitter. What he fails to point out is if you look at the table of who gets a free kick then you would see the Frees for list is Brisbane, Dogs, NORTH, then Adelaide, Geelong Carlton and Port. Separating them is less than 1 free for per game.

There are a couple of whinging clubs like Swans that asked the AFL about frees, but Barrett makes out it is a lot of clubs complaining.
    He's raised it off the back of the free kick differential on saturday. Hawthorn enquired after the semi-final (holding the ball decisions). Sydney after the GF and Round 2 (funnily enough not after our last game against them where the umpires certainly umpired us differently. The count was heavily skewed towards them but nothing was mentioned. If Longmire was so concerned about free kick differentials, the decent thing to do would have been to speak to the AFL and ask why they got so many more free kicks than us.) and then North just because its Brad Scott.

It is interesting that its not the frees for that is giving us the so called preferential treatment. It's the frees against. I know it may seem hard to believe, particularly for John Longmire, but perhaps thats because we are more disciplined than most teams. Otherwise it's a fair stretch to suggest the AFL and it's umpires have deliberately set out to give us preferential treatment for 2 straight years. Moreso because that would contradict the AFL's decision to implement multiple rules this year to directly curb our influence. Sour grapes and tall poppy syndrome.

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What I don't get about this is what implication are they implying ?
    The umpires are corrupt? It's just such petty nonsense that never amounts to anything, and questions the integrity of the officials

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    What I don't get about this is what implication are they implying ?
    The umpires are corrupt? It's just such petty nonsense that never amounts to anything, and questions the integrity of the officials
    Exactly. These are some pretty serious allegations if what Barrett is saying is true.....that every single umpire has been instructed to favour the bulldogs......has the world gone mad or is it just me!? I can't say it enough but it really does reek of tall poppy syndrome.

Post Thanks / Like

I've said it before, I don't know why anyone on this forum listen to him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Likes Twodogs, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I've said it before, I don't know why anyone on this forum listen to him.
    Or any footy media today. Maybe it's winning the flag last year, but I've gradually binned almost all footy media this year (SEN the latest after Schwarz's baseless garbage last week)

Used to watch AFL 360 religiously, but Robbo just became too much.

Really enjoyed Nathan Buckley's take on it on Classified (saw clips online) The 'who you allow at the pinnacle of your media' line was gold.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

13. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Barrett is such a negative muck raking journo , Do his bosses actually tell him find anything you can that's terrible and report it?
    Did he have a childhood where he was bullied ? Is he a small man with small mans syndrome ? Because no matter the story it's always putting someone or a team down like he wants to prove he is better than everyone else.
    Please someone find something he has done wrong in the past.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Or any footy media today. Maybe it's winning the flag last year, but I've gradually binned almost all footy media this year (SEN the latest after Schwarz's baseless garbage last week)

Really enjoyed Nathan Buckley's take on it on Classified (saw clips online) The 'who you allow at the pinnacle of your media' line was gold.
    I am the same as you, don't watch any of those shows. The only glimpse I get is short tips on Twitter and if it is Bulldog related I will take a look.

PS: SEN blocked me on Twitter after I had a go at Schwarz and his BS about player trouble at the club. Robbo blocked me after the Tom Boyd tweets. Strangely Barrett has never blocked me.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It's almost like first world problems These are the issues you have as the premiers. I'll take it!

But i guess this is what the hawks copped with the whole freekickhawthorn thing.

Post Thanks / Like

You are so spot on, I used to watch a lot of fox footy programs and free to air shows but this year I have no interest they have become gutter journos who make up stories or bore me with thier self indulgent thoughts of if we think them they are right.
    I also think they pick up a lot of stories through social media and run with them instead of actually investigating a story.
    They pull out a bout 10 stories a week and see which one grabs the most attention they run with it.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. Success was always going to end in pure hate. Which is fine, that's what happens. But to paraphrase Gil on players with social media, the easiest thing is to just stop listening/watching/reading the hate.

As a general observation on much of that hate, including this one, it doesn't make a lot of factual or logical sense. So as I often do, I look to Mark Twain, 'Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience'.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

19. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    It's almost like first world problems These are the issues you have as the premiers. I'll take it!

But i guess this is what the hawks copped with the whole freekickhawthorn thing.
    I'm not close with any Hawks fans, but it would be interesting to see how they felt about this perception. I used to think Hodge was given a pretty sweet ride, but never thought it was club wide.

We've been on the end of some controversial calls - though only controversial as they were influential moments. Under scrutiny, most, if not all of them, we're right calls. I can think of two calls in the GF last year that were wrong (within 30 seconds of each other leading to Smith's goal in the 3rd) but that's about it. They missed a few for us as well.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs