Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  512
Page 20 of 67 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

Love watching "On the couch" but that's it. I did watch FC last night which is unusual as it is always a great disappointment. Normally dislike Goddard but was pleasantly surprised with his strong comments in support of us.

I don't understand the inference being made about our supposed favourable treatment.....what, the umpires are being directed by the AFL to give us preferential treatment? Even if there was some truth, we've won our premiership, so why would it need to continue this year? I'd like a fair dinkum journo to do some analysis on the free kick count in a batch of our games to ascertain what decisions were incorrect or unpaid. I won't hold my breath.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    I'm not close with any Hawks fans, but it would be interesting to see how they felt about this perception. I used to think Hodge was given a pretty sweet ride, but never thought it was club wide.

We've been on the end of some controversial calls - though only controversial as they were influential moments. Under scrutiny, most, if not all of them, we're right calls. I can think of two calls in the GF last year that were wrong (within 30 seconds of each other leading to Smith's goal in the 3rd) but that's about it. They missed a few for us as well.
    We got a good run in the grand final......I've learned to live with the shame.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    What's more awful is if clubs have actually complained (which im sure the ones he mentioned have).

I expect these unprofessional, childish claims from fans, but to come from clubs themselves is unbelievable. And it's quite honestly a slap in the face to our achievement. Tall poppy syndrome at its best. How dare the bulldogs have success. It's not possible, they must have cheated. To actually go to the AFL to complain about free kick tallies is unbelievable. They don't have to be even and i'm still waiting to see a case-by-case analysis for each call and non-call in our games. Because i could pick out half a dozen more free kicks we should have gotten in the grand final. I concede the calls went our way (it always goes one way) but not to any extra extent than it typically does in any game of any teams. I loved how Goddard called it "laughable" in regards to handball/throw allegations against us (which is ironic that clubs are doing it more than us this year, yet we're the ones being targeted). Sydney, Hawthorn and North are clearly in denial about their own issues if they are taking the time to complain to the AFL about free kick tallies. Give me a break.
    Goddard was the stand out last night, no BS. Enjoyed how for once someone challenged the media / opposing Club notion that we're getting favourable treatment. He went up big time in my assessment.

My reading of Barrett last night is that his latest muck racking was being fed by North, and he was more than happy to oblige them given that he barracks for them and that the matter is consistent with his gutter trash journalism.

Last night's show has at least affirmed that I won't be returning to Footy Classified and will give me an hour back each Monday.

Post Thanks / Like

I just counted Jarryd Waite take 14 steps before he kicked the goal after JJ kicked the ball to him at the start of the second quarter.

HOW FAR UMPIRE??????
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I just counted Jarryd Waite take 14 steps before he kicked the goal after JJ kicked the ball to him at the start of the second quarter.

HOW FAR UMPIRE??????
    oh yeah. But that won't get a mention. Just like in the GF, Wood got pushed square in the back in the 2nd quarter that directly led to a swans goal. This happens in every game. But no, it's only about the final tally and if the team that lost was on the wrong end of the tally. Take a look at Adelaide v Hawthorn (25-13 crows favour) and West Coast v Melbourne (27-16 eagles favour). Doesn't get mentioned. Because the team that had the higher free kick count lost. Tall. Poppy. Syndrome. I really can't stand Longmire at all anymore (the Scott brother i have always hated so thats nothing new).

Post Thanks / Like

Then at the start of the third Atlee drops the ball twice as he is tackled and still somehow gets it to Higgins (Who goes pretty close to dropping it but throws it to Ziebull anyway) who throws it to Brown who goals.

"THROWING THE BALL UMPIRE, OH COME ON THERE ARE TWO TEAMS PLAYING"

Post Thanks / Like

oh yeah. But that won't get a mention. Just like in the GF, Wood got pushed square in the back in the 2nd quarter that directly led to a swans goal. This happens in every game. But no, it's only about the final tally and if the team that lost was on the wrong end of the tally. Take a look at Adelaide v Hawthorn (25-13 crows favour) and West Coast v Melbourne (27-16 eagles favour). Doesn't get mentioned. Because the team that had the higher free kick count lost. Tall. Poppy. Syndrome. I really can't stand Longmire at all anymore (the Scott brother i have always hated so thats nothing new).

Yep good post. I love watching Longmire in the box. At one stage on the weekend my son asked me if his head was going to explode.

Post Thanks / Like

Then at the start of the third Atlee drops the ball twice as he is tackled and still somehow gets it to Higgins (Who goes pretty close to dropping it but throws it to Ziebull anyway) who throws it to Brown who goals.

"THROWING THE BALL UMPIRE, OH COME ON THERE ARE TWO TEAMS PLAYING"
    This is what has failed to be done in all of this. Actual common sense, play-by-play analysis of every call and non-call. If someone provides this and we still are perceived to have preferential treatment, then i'll happily stand down corrected and petition for Barrett to be awarded Australian of the Year. But it won't happen because it doesn't exist and it's a lot easier to deal with the fact we are premiers by accusing the umpires of favouring us.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep good post. I love watching Longmire in the box. At one stage on the weekend my son asked me if his head was going to explode.
    I think the GF was the first time he realised he was actually going to have to do some coaching instead of relying on COLA. Instead he's still in denial and conjures up an umpiring conspiracy. Because how else could a poor club have defeated their entitled club?

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how this Bulldog Conspiracy Theory ties in with the fact that the most contentious decision in the GF was the goal taken off JJ.

Every fan thinks their team is hard done by but the idea that club officials are not just questioning interpretations as a whole but are somehow implying one team is being singled out to get an armchair ride is real tinfoil hat stuff.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Not sure how this Bulldog Conspiracy Theory ties in with the fact that the most contentious decision in the GF was the goal taken off JJ.

Every fan thinks their team is hard done by but the idea that club officials are not just questioning interpretations as a whole but are somehow implying one team is being singled out to get an armchair ride is real tinfoil hat stuff.
    I know, I've been trying but tin foil all week to stop Gillon McLachlan from stealing my brilliant thoughts to pass them off as his but I can't find tin foil anywhere. So if anyone sees Gil just tell him that I know what he's doing and to knock it off.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Cognitive dissonance is the discomfort you feel when you hold two or more competing beliefs. In attempting to resolve cognitive dissonance you can come up with all sorts of irrational explanations. We have done some irreparable damage to your average punter by winning the flag.

You believe the Bulldogs are battlers/rabble/non-threatening.
    You understand the Premiership is the definitive measure of a champion team.
    You know teams in the top four win grand finals.

It's just too much to process. How can the rabble be champions? If the rabble are champions, what does that make me? I am better than the rabble, therefore they cannot be Champions. There must be something else at play that protects my beliefs. It was luck. It was an anomaly. It was a conspiracy.

When the flag Wags again this year people are going to be rocking back and forth in the corner.

13. Likes Bulldog Joe, Scorlibo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The most beautiful example of what you're talking about was post our round seven 2016 Adelaide game's lopsided free kick count (28-12 our favour), Don Pike post his major sooking after that match coached his team to a 26 point home defeat whereby the free kick count was balanced in their favour 26-14.

This happens every week. Teams lose all the time when the free kick count is negative against them. None of them have been working furiously to be the best contested and inside team ever to play the game (which we have done since Eade left the club).
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I know WOOF is no place for Facebook forum comments but I saw this one and thought it was a ripper and had to share it with you fine folks. It's in line with Hurn also set to miss.

"In light of the injuries to the Eagles trio! Damian Barret is reporting a few clubs have now approached the AFL about players getting injured prior to playing the Bulldogs. Claims the AFL, umpires and now the Medico's are all conspiring to make the Bulldogs win. Barret demanding a royal commission and Asio investigation.
    "It's just not fair" he was heard saying."
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

16. Likes Topdog, Bulldog Joe, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post

The JJ overturned goal is a great example. I said to one whinging North supporter after the game that when they have had a BS goal review overturn a goal the goal umpire had payed in the last quarter of a close, desperate Grand Final that would have tipped the game majorly their way, then they can complain about overturned goals.

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I know WOOF is no place for Facebook forum comments but I saw this one and thought it was a ripper and had to share it with you fine folks. It's in line with Hurn also set to miss.

"In light of the injuries to the Eagles trio! Damian Barret is reporting a few clubs have now approached the AFL about players getting injured prior to playing the Bulldogs. Claims the AFL, umpires and now the Medico's are all conspiring to make the Bulldogs win. Barret demanding a royal commission and Asio investigation.
    "It's just not fair" he was heard saying."
    Heh! Very good.

Maybe the bulldogs are sending out saboteurs to opposition training sessions and changing certain players pickle juice for bogus pickle juice so they develop soft tissue injuries?