Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  512
Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post
    It was noticeable in the second-half on Sat night that we were getting less frees, even though Norf were continuing to hold us at every opportunity! The Umps realised it was getting lop-sided and went into their shell.

Dale did not receive a free on three blatant holds (one of which Norf proceeded to kick goal moving forward).

Mason Wood in the third shoved Morris into the pack and kicked a goal when he should have been pinged (like he got pinged in the last) and they still complain!
    Noticed this as well. Umpires had obviously checked the stats and were really reluctant to pay frees to us and make it look worse on the differential.

The Higgins free that preceded the time out was clearly incorrect as Roughead did everything he could to avoid the headbutt to his legs.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Good point about who reviews the video. Aker39 do you know if it's ex umpires or some numpty lucky enough to be at the front of the line when the jobs were handed out.
    I know of someone who was (probably still is) a score reviewer. He would be mid 20s and the highest level he has umpired at was VFL I believe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I know of someone who was (probably still is) a score reviewer. He would be mid 20s and the highest level he has umpired at was VFL I believe.

At least it's some umpiring experience I guess.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/bob...d986bfbc3225d4

This rubbish is just out of control. The article makes it out as though north were robbed because of 2 CORRECT umpiring decisions.

Also, what is even more ludicrous is the headline on the sports page http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl

"'Staggering' accusation exposes 'snitches" .... so Murph can't even joke now without being taken out of context
    That, right there, is why Footballers speak in cliches and give the media nothing meaningful in interviews.

Because when a down to earth character like Bob Murphy takes a light-hearted approach to an issue, they get hung out to dry by tabloid media.

And the media what more access to players? How about looking after the ones you already look after?

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Also very disrespectful to umpires.

The umpires have a tough job, especially with rule changes, rule interpretation changes, trying 4 umpires on the field, shot clocks, score reviews, interchange restrictions and so it goes on. I would hate to be an umpire, but to accuse them of giving preferential treatment to us is totally and utterly disrespectful to the umpiring department and the game.

If the AFL is listening to the sooky la la clubs then they are also being disrespectful. Any clubs complaining should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute.
    It staggers me that the AFL haven't taken a tougher stance on Brat Scott (That's not a typo btw).

What's wrong with saying "We'll have a discussion with the AFL during the week, I won't say anything here".

Instead he just says whatever the hell he wants. One would have thought he'd learn from last year's incident. Clearly not.

Post Thanks / Like

A snippett from Tuesday's HUN. Which journo copped a spray from a frustrated Luke Beveridge about a cheeky tweet on Sunday? Could it be Barrett again I wonder?

Post Thanks / Like

I just went ahead and watched a replay of the 4th quarter in last years prelim....just because i could. 2 observations:

1. Our attack on the footy and pressure acts has fallen away quite considerably this year.
    2. Anyone questioning our premiership legitimacy is a dead set idiot. My god we were good. It doesn't get much better than that.

7. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/bob...d986bfbc3225d4

This rubbish is just out of control. The article makes it out as though north were robbed because of 2 CORRECT umpiring decisions.

Also, what is even more ludicrous is the headline on the sports page http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl

"'Staggering' accusation exposes 'snitches" .... so Murph can't even joke now without being taken out of context
    That article is hilarious it points out two free kicks that were there !
    And it's Jakes fault Higgins didn't hear ? He actually got an extra 8 seconds so in effect the umpires were favoured to North on that one ! . Maybe Jake should have said "oh did you hear that Higgo cos I don't want to tackle you if you didn't hear it."
    Bring back the biff

9. Likes bulldogsthru&thru, Topdog, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just went ahead and watched a replay of the 4th quarter in last years prelim....just because i could. 2 observations:

1. Our attack on the footy and pressure acts has fallen away quite considerably this year.
    2. Anyone questioning our premiership legitimacy is a dead set idiot. My god we were good. It doesn't get much better than that.
    When I hear anyone questioning our legitimacy my blood boils. Yes we were good and it doesn't get much better than that. It does seem it comes from certain club supporters more than others but the facts are we played at such a level them clubs can only dream of their team playing like that. We were that good.

Our attack on the footy has fallen away like you said and I don't know if we can get back to that this year.

I will say that our games are almost all like finals, low scoring, high tackling, tight finishes. At least we know that in a final it will suit us more than most teams and if I supported another team the one I wouldn't want to face in a knockout final would be us. The only problem is getting there.

11. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any idea what Barrett is on about here?

IF the robust off-field power plays were covered over with a premiership in 2016
    THEN the lack of success this year will bring such matters into greater focus. A few disgruntled people at Whitten Oval.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope its not Dimma having another moan.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably still on about Boyd and Cordy having a "drunken brawl"

15. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Probably still on about Boyd and Cordy having a "drunken brawl"
    Is Cordy progressed off life support in ICU yet from the horrendous head injury from the brawl?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Is Cordy progressed off life support in ICU yet from the horrendous head injury from the brawl?
    No not yet. We've covered that up and lied to our fans about it. It hasn't really been Zaine out there playing but one of the "Faceless men"

18. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    No not yet. We've covered that up and lied to our fans about it. It hasn't really been Zaine out there playing but one of the "Faceless men"
    Dammit. And here we were thinking that the mo had fooled everyone.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    Dammit. And here we were thinking that the mo had fooled everyone.

The mo may as well go. The game is up.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.