Thanks Thanks:  62
Likes Likes:  530
Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    I had a bit of a trawl back through this thread - and couldn't believe it first started in 2014!

(As you can tell, I'm really loving work at the moment...)

Funnily enough, there was a similar theme way back when under Macca - senior players not happy with the more junior players and the like. It was almost scary how similar the old and new (purported) narratives are. Almost a bit chicken and the egg - do bad results end up in club ructions or do club ructions end up in poor results?
    My memory goes back to the Scott West faction refusing to kick the ball to the Rohan Smith and Brad Johnson faction. I don't remember the year, late 2000s probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Indeed.

I WISH our players demonstrated the poise it would take to pick and choose which players they kick or handball to!!
    It'd be great to have that skillset displayed somewhere in the playing group.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately when we dish up the tripe that we have this season we give that idiot ammunition.
    He’s a snotty nosed Grub who lurks in bins

3. Likes G-Mo77, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Apparently is was (Fevola)
    Not in WA. It was one of the local sports presenters on a community station while talking to Plough - no one denied it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Not in WA. It was one of the local sports presenters on a community station while talking to Plough - no one denied it.
    You have taken my post out of context - see Greys post then mine. (get it school boy talk, FEV the immature school boy comments)

What they are saying in WA is directly off the footy show, or TFS copied them, in any case it is rubbish reporting.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

So, since 2014 we have been trying to figure out Damien's agenda. I wouldn't have thought it's that complex really. Keep himself employed and creating an 'air' of facile 'expertism'. I'm somewhat of a casual AFL fan being abroad, ( Started with the Bulldogs in 2010 after being very moved watching Danny Southern limp around a change room in 'Year of the Dogs') and I'm pretty sure anyone could punch holes in my footy lore knowledge - but this guy is paid for it! I'd love to sit Damien down and ask him a few footy trivia questions. I am willing to bet money a lot of auskickers know much or more than him about the actual game....
    I'm not trying to be pompus, but I think for those who actually enjoy footy and watch it, or admire players and the game, they build up some sort of depth. Barrett seems totally lacking in this kind of depth.
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 06-04-2018 at 09:28 PM.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Saw this post on FB from the user “Redwb” which seems to be Peter Gordon or at least someone from within the four walls (based on the posts I have seen of theirs in the past):

We have arranged a meeting with Mr. Barrett here today to explain his recent reports. You will no doubt read about these in the mass media this afternoon, but please rest assured, our Club will challenge and tackle those who falsely slander our values and integrity. We look forward to his explanation and retraction. Go Dogs, where real strength lives.

8. Likes bornadog, Bulldog4life, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Saw this post on FB from the user “Redwb” which seems to be Peter Gordon or at least someone from within the four walls (based on the posts I have seen of theirs in the past):

We have arranged a meeting with Mr. Barrett here today to explain his recent reports. You will no doubt read about these in the mass media this afternoon, but please rest assured, our Club will challenge and tackle those who falsely slander our values and integrity. We look forward to his explanation and retraction. Go Dogs, where real strength lives.
    There's no value in trying to argue the point with a journalist. This is another poor move in our approach to external communications. There will be no retraction. There will be no improvement in our club's relationship with Barret, nor the media at large.

That's a childish post and the club desperately needs to change it's way with media relations - and it should only on the rarest of occasions involve a lawyer... no matter their role in the organisation.

Post Thanks / Like

A few jurnos have had meetings with Ameet Baines and our media manager over the last week or so. Will be interesting to see what comes from the meeting with the club and Barrett.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

11. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Barrett what a freaking knob this guy is. Pulls a half-arsed story about a long forgotten footballer getting sacked from a regional club no-one really gives a shit about, but can't provide details about it.

Amateur journalist and sewer rat bloke.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    A few jurnos have had meetings with Ameet Baines and our media manager over the last week or so. Will be interesting to see what comes from the meeting with the club and Barrett.
    I hope Bevo walks past just so Barrett can shit himself again.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

14. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    There's no value in trying to argue the point with a journalist. This is another poor move in our approach to external communications. There will be no retraction. There will be no improvement in our club's relationship with Barret, nor the media at large.

That's a childish post and the club desperately needs to change it's way with media relations - and it should only on the rarest of occasions involve a lawyer... no matter their role in the organisation.
    I don't agree, I think this is one of the first times we've been strategically savvy in communications.

We've not only set up a meeting to correct the false comments he's been making, but we've announced publicly we're doing it (although not sure an anonymous FB post is the best channel). I don't expect we think for a second he'll retract his story, the bloke has no integrity at all, but when he writes his next fake story on the same topic, we can challenge it publicly and strongly and say that Barrett knows this story is untrue and we even went to the effort to give him the real facts and he chose to make up a story anyway. We even have grounds to issue a threat to retract or take him to court.

We should've done this 18 month ago with the Boyd/Cordy story, but at least we're starting to get our act together.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

16. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I don't agree, I think this is one of the first times we've been strategically savvy in communications.

We've not only set up a meeting to correct the false comments he's been making, but we've announced publicly we're doing it (although not sure an anonymous FB post is the best channel). I don't expect we think for a second he'll retract his story, the bloke has no integrity at all, but when he writes his next fake story on the same topic, we can challenge it publicly and strongly and say that Barrett knows this story is untrue and we even went to the effort to give him the real facts and he chose to make up a story anyway. We even have grounds to issue a threat to retract or take him to court.

We should've done this 18 month ago with the Boyd/Cordy story, but at least we're starting to get our act together.
    I sense the personal animosity Barett feels for Bevo has gotten a bit out of hand. The club is firing a shot across his bow to make sure he keeps his personal bias in check. You can't just write negative stories about a club 24/7. On the other side, I hope the meeting gives Damien the chance to privately state his sources and reasons for publishing we put Dahl and Libba on the table. Maybe as Mahatma said, there is a case of both sides being right. Get it sorted.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post

Agree 100%. If we're going to be hardline with the media (rightly or wrongly), this is by far the best communications strategy to adopt with known agitators.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

The real point I see here is Baines being proactive about the narrative our club has in the media.

Why weren't we doing this ages ago? Either way from the outside looking in it's a tick for Baines.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Nobody has concerns that Redwb is posting insider information on a public forum?