Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    This is his MO:

Week A: praise Bont or Stringer
    Week B: slag Boyd

Rinse and repeat.
    He actually wrapped up Bont this week also!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    It will be Tom Boyd's pay packets fault.
    I believe it's there next pick no matter where it is.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Where's the outcry over Collingwood engaging in the second most expensive trade ever using picks 5 & 7 on Treloar, finishing bottom 5 (nowhere near finals) and no picks inside the first 25 at the draft - effectively retarding their ability to rebuild. And paying a player $800,000 to play VFL while poor Mason Cox gets a pittance as an international rookie.

Oh... Double standards, selective feigned outrage and intellectually stripped supposed journalists whose lack of intelligence and ability offer to insight leaves them unable to fulfill the professional obligations so just target a 20yo, an exciting club and play a redundant Mark Latham-esq class warfare card. Maybe that's the take home message, Barrett (and others like him) are to journalism what Mark Latham is to Prime Ministerialship. Just a dumb loud mouth with a microphone that history will show fall into nothing when the greater public ignore them when the public sees him for the fraud he is.
    https://youtu.be/Yz2LaJOVAiA?t=115

4. Likes bornadog, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I believe it's there next pick no matter where it is.
    Doesn't the bidding system come into play?

I can see a fire sale at Collingwood to stock up on picks and/or trade up.

Post Thanks / Like

According to Jon Ralph tonight, Jack Redpath has ignored other suitors and has extended his contract with us.
    Yeah Barrett... the Tom Boyd contract is really driving a rift through our playing list.....

7. Thanks Twodogs, hujsh, josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Barrett and Bevo DESPISE each other... That's the agenda. End of story.

(BTW, Bevo's a footy coach & Barrett a journo... So "end of story" = game, set, match: Beveridge!)

Post Thanks / Like

Barrett draws a wage to tell the afl world Bont and Stringer are good and Tom's getting overpaid ?
    Just Wow !

Post Thanks / Like

If i could go back on the sliding doors by round. I swear this year he has said . "If stringer is our favourite....then the bont is closing fast" twice already this season. Hes a freakin numnut. Hes paid to do a job. Give us something we dont know barrett. Useless!

Post Thanks / Like

I believe Pies can use points from next year's draft to match a bid this year, just means they go into deficit and get pushed back in the draft board.

12. Thanks Throughandthrough thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Obviously the pies didn't think past last year when chasing treloar, they could well and truely lose Daicos if some club decides they really want him.
    That could really be a slap in the face to Peter a bloke who adores his pies.
    Then again he could pull the I want to go home card after a year or two if he is drafted interstate.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I believe Pies can use points from next year's draft to match a bid this year, just means they go into deficit and get pushed back in the draft board.
    Yes apparently Clubs can use future draft picks for two years in a row only.

Post Thanks / Like

Apart from "gotta earn those dollars, no room for GLORY BOYS in the AFL", is there any tangible well-evidenced argument of exactly *why* the Boyd deal was bad? Have we experienced any negative effect stemming from it? Anything at all? We've re-signed everyone we've wanted to, still attracted free agents, haven't had to squeeze anyone out, haven't missed out on attracting anyone to the club, etc.

I've said it ad nauseum, but there really is nothing that gets you hated more easily and irrationally than having the nerve to make money playing AFL football.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I think the Boyd deal told all and sundry we will not roll over. I also think Boyd will be as good if not better than Tippet as a forward & ruck type. He is not a mobile forward like Dixon or Cameron or Hogan. It appears he is going to take a few years more for us to reap the rewards aka Hawkins style. However if increase in mobility and marking and scare factor is like the continued improvement of Big Red over last 3 years then we will not regret the deal.

Let's just ignore idiots like Barrett who does not watch VFL matches and hence does not see continued improvement in Boyd and others who seamlessly play their role when called up to the seniors.

Remember many supporters writing off Big Red, Fletch, and Our Roughie? And Look at what they are becoming.... Patience one and all. As Wayne said regarding the stratocaster in the music shop display...."It will be mine. It will be mine!"

The day of Boyd becoming a star and us lifting that elusive cup will come, and IMO not too far away either.

17. Likes N/A, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's funny isn't it jack had only started to come good at 25 and Hawkins took 5 years .. Why don't they realise Boyd is only 20 ?
    Bring back the biff

19. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm considering a change.org petition about Barrett. He has no clue what he is talking about.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

21. Likes Throughandthrough, F'scary liked this post