Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Other Teams Trades, FA's (official)

"The Cats have delisted talls Mitch Brown and Joel Hamling, while as forecast throughout the trade period Taylor Hunt has also been told he will need to try to find a new club"

Hamling is an interesting one. The Cats seemed to trade down the draft order that year to select him. I guess they have given him plenty of chances to establish himself as a senior player.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    "The Cats have delisted talls Mitch Brown and Joel Hamling, while as forecast throughout the trade period Taylor Hunt has also been told he will need to try to find a new club"

Hamling is an interesting one. The Cats seemed to trade down the draft order that year to select him. I guess they have given him plenty of chances to establish himself as a senior player.
    Their delistings seem to have a common pattern thus far. Players who have talent, but have been on the periphery/haven't been able to establish themselves. The age breakup all points to the next bracket coming through.

Can't help but think that many previous contracts may have been back-loaded to keep the great team together, and that now this might be starting to pinch the next generation?

From Melbourne, to London and now Perth WA
    Post Thanks / Like

Cory Dell'Olio axed by the Bombers.

I'd be happy to give him a pre-season. Has pace to burn, not sure he can get it enough, but worth a go…

Post Thanks / Like

On the Hun they are indicating we are interested in Hamling.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Twitter reports link us to Hamling, leading the race with a number of teams keen. Looks a good get

Post Thanks / Like

To quick GVGjr

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen Hamling, but given they went and recruited Rivers and then tried to get Frawley before delisting the kid, I would hope we've seen plenty of him to make an informed decision.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Wells and co. must've seen a bit in him back in 2011 to trade out their deep round 1 selection. Interesting that they chose him seven spots earlier than us grabbing Talia at #39. They also had him ahead of Kersten.

Seems quite mobile for a KPD but still very much lacking in body strength to hold this role down. Adding another KPD in development phase with a question mark, i.e. with Talia, Roberts, even Redpath, will need to be very carefully considered.