Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  186
Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 Membership Thread - Can we get 35,000

On the Belgrave/Lilydale line there were a few Dogs fans on the train but not as many as I've previously witnessed. Yeah I guess the fact that we lost last week like we did contributed to say an extra 5K not turning up and also the A League GF.

My ultimate goal for our membership is while we need to dig deep to the heartland we also want a good even spread of new passionate Dogs supporters across the city, interstate and overseas! I reckon our never say die attitude and always being proud beating those big clubs if you know what I kind of mean are qualities that a younger impressionable person whether there in the west or not would like and then the hope is they support our great club.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    On the flip side how many would go if it was an open roof and cold? We can't expect it to fit exactly what everyone wants.
    Of course. Thats why the roof is retractable.........................

3. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Passion Bulldog View Post
    None of my family (4 social club members) able to get to the game
    * Myself and my boy at his footy
    * My wife and daughter at her Netball
    Family friendly means a lost of different things to people these day. Passion in our household isn't lost, capacity to attend when competing priorities another thing.
    Go dogs
    In exactly the same boat. Missed due to kids football. I actually find the graveyard 4:40 timeslot the easiest to attend.

Post Thanks / Like

Cracked 32k this morning. 32,097 to be precise.

We might be half a chance to get to 35k with a bit of a lunge at the line!

6. Thanks Greystache thanked for this post
    Likes G-Mo77, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The predictions late last year would have been a lot more modest than over 30K, on the back of a great turnaround from the club and some excellent footy our membership department seem to be doing a great job
    Always seem to get a little jump in membership at the end of the sign on period (although I suspect it may be more a case of benefactors and club presidents getting us to a target) so hopefully we can keep the increased interest and enthusiasm up.
    I
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

l am sure l owe some one a beer if we get there

9. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was at Whitten Oval on Sunday to watch the VFL and took along my step father. He has been overseas for a month or so and hadn't renewed his membership yet (despite much needling from me) but decided to do it there and then. We spoke with a lady at the main reception desk and asked her how he could renew on the spot. She got a bit flustered and explained that she had no access to the computers at the desk and that he'd be better off calling the membership department during the week. Anyone who knows anything about sales knows you sign the paperwork and take the dough straight up, as anything can happen if you leave it. People cool off, get hit by buses or watch their beloved team get creamed by the lowly Demons.

Thankfully, my stepfather was in no danger of not signing up regardless of yesterday's result, BUT if he was someone who was compelled by the hype and excitement, signing him up on the spot would have negated any risk of cooling on the idea after the Demon's game.

In my opinion, there should always be someone ready and able to take a membership application and payment. It's a real breakdown in process, somewhere along the line and it needs to be tightened up.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

11. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes The Bulldogs Bite, Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I was at Whitten Oval on Sunday to watch the VFL and took along my step father. He has been overseas for a month or so and hadn't renewed his membership yet (despite much needling from me) but decided to do it there and then. We spoke with a lady at the main reception desk and asked her how he could renew on the spot. She got a bit flustered and explained that she had no access to the computers at the desk and that he'd be better off calling the membership department during the week. Anyone who knows anything about sales knows you sign the paperwork and take the dough straight up, as anything can happen if you leave it. People cool off, get hit by buses or watch their beloved team get creamed by the lowly Demons.

Thankfully, my stepfather was in no danger of not signing up regardless of yesterday's result, BUT if he was someone who was compelled by the hype and excitement, signing him up on the spot would have negated any risk of cooling on the idea after the Demon's game.

In my opinion, there should always be someone ready and able to take a membership application and payment. It's a real breakdown in process, somewhere along the line and it needs to be tightened up.
    Very poor. You should contact the club to let them know comrade.

13. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes you should contact the club. When someone wants to buy you need to take the money then and there.

Post Thanks / Like

It's surprising we can't sell a membership out of the Bulldog shop. I would've thought pre-prepared packs would be ready to go and customers would have the option of cash or EFTPOS.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

16. Likes Twodogs, Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    It's surprising we can't sell a membership out of the Bulldog shop. I would've thought pre-prepared packs would be ready to go and customers would have the option of cash or EFTPOS.
    I think you can get a 'pass it on' type pack and buy a membership for a new member at the Bulldogs Shop, but a renewal seems to be a different story according to the lady we spoke to on the day.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

18. Thanks Greystache thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Slowed to treacle pace now... 35 new members in 5 days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Losing to the Saints and the Demons is like membership kryptonite.

Win those and we'd get very close to 35,000.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I'm pleasantly surprised that it didn't go backwards after losing to 2 bottom four teams in just over a fortnight. I think 32,000 will pull it up now.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

23. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post