Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  186
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 Membership Thread - Can we get 35,000

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    I had a casual conversation with the kids' school principal the other day. Asked him about WB and the club's presence at the school. He said they offered a training clinic under the banner of WB, so there were expectations that there would be some of the players there. But it turned out to be run VU students (not including Mitch Wallis), so a bit of a disappointment. Other than that, zero contact between the club and the local backyard school.
    my point being, maybe the club needs to reach out more. There is nice stuff about what they do on the website and I am not suggesting they don't make an effort but perhaps they are missing some obvious target groups and perhaps even targeting others where there are low returns.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

I'll go a bit further. They should be visiting my kids school several times a year. Thinking about it, with a playing list of about 40 and a number of recently retired players who are on retainers of one kind or another, the club's management must be missing a sheep in the top paddock not to be targeting the dozens and dozens of schools in the western suburbs. That's where you'll get your new members from.

Post Thanks / Like

Great Stuff:

Mark Stevens Twitter

Anonymous Dogs fan, lawyer in Singapore, has chipped in with 10 grand asking the club to buy memberships for local kids with it ..
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

my point being, maybe the club needs to reach out more. There is nice stuff about what they do on the website and I am not suggesting they don't make an effort but perhaps they are missing some obvious target groups and perhaps even targeting others where there are low returns.
    I think while its great we try and target the kids to support us we need ultimately sustained on field success and then you'll hopefully get new support from the west and beyond the west. There are probably several
    sole Dogs supporters in their families like me who support us and their families support other teams but if we don't have a good appeal ie: on field success then it will be struggle to get the next generation of kids on board.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
    Got this text from a mate of mine today,

Boys Got a game in nab saturday. Yippeee.12 new memberships from smiths. You member yet? If not Roarke Call you next weekend in member drive. Lol.
    Sent from my iPhone
    "Sent from my iPhone" makes this
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    I think while its great we try and target the kids to support us we need ultimately sustained on field success and then you'll hopefully get new support from the west and beyond the west. There are probably several
    sole Dogs supporters in their families like me who support us and their families support other teams but if we don't have a good appeal ie: on field success then it will be struggle to get the next generation of kids on board.
    Easty, I think it is the kids who can make their parents members! That is not as crazy as it may sound, I've seen it over and over again where a parent's luke warm, lapsed or complete non-interest can be turned around by their kid going to school and getting right into the footy. Parents want to share things with their kids. If the kid is footy mad, the parent will follow.

Post Thanks / Like

Easty, I think it is the kids who can make their parents members! That is not as crazy as it may sound, I've seen it over and over again where a parent's luke warm, lapsed or complete non-interest can be turned around by their kid going to school and getting right into the footy. Parents want to share things with their kids. If the kid is footy mad, the parent will follow.
    For unaligned parents this is very true. Unfortunately for us, 90% of Vic families are aligned since the 1920's.

Fortunately for us, the western suburbs are packed with unaligned migrant families whose kids are ready to be win over. We just need to get onfield success and hit the schools in the huge, growing zone we've pegged out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    For unaligned parents this is very true. Unfortunately for us, 90% of Vic families are aligned since the 1920's.

Fortunately for us, the western suburbs are packed with unaligned migrant families whose kids are ready to be win over. We just need to get onfield success and hit the schools in the huge, growing zone we've pegged out.
    Which is why they need to keep improving the 'Bulldogs Backyard' membership and do it right. I think this should be a priority over year to year corny/contrived pushes.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

The Footscray Bulldogs are advertising memberships for sale. Will these be added to our Western Bulldogs total and/or income? How many people will only buy these memberships? Interesting to see the totals of both eventually.

http://107.170.132.8/1741-2/?camefro...70119_25184691

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, and you get a snowball effect: if there are a significant amount of kids following WB at a school and WB players visit schools more frequently than once in a blue moon or never, other kids get on the bandwagon and their unaligned, weakly aligned or nominally aligned parents join in.

Post Thanks / Like

Beating Collingwood handsomely in the NAB Cup is worth a couple of thousand fence sitters signing up, I reckon. A good night, tonight.

12. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so i think i just heard Dwyane Russell is now a paid up member....
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, if true, he's officially downgraded from "absolute wanker" to just "bit of a wanker"..!

15. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes Go_Dogs, Cyberdoggie, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, if true, he's officially downgraded from "absolute wanker" to just "bit of a wanker"..!
    A touch generous for mine. I would be going for a downgrade from super mega wanker to mega wanker.

17. Likes Webby, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another 10,000 odd needed to reach over 35,000 members.