Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  186
Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 Membership Thread - Can we get 35,000

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    You may be right. I think they take those numbers prior to cut off period. We definitely had more than 26k last year. I remember the webs site going +30k.
    Yes we did get to over 30K.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Great news to get to 30,000. A win today could really help that figure jump again. There's always room for some bandwagoners!

Post Thanks / Like

Listed at 30,513 this morning.

Hopefully we'll crack 31,000 by Saturday... Actually, hopefully there's a spike up to 32,000 or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly - if you still haven't bought a membership (financial reasons withstanding) - don't call yourself a Bulldogs supporter. You're not.

Even with the direct debit system in place, it's about the price of a coffee each week.

Post Thanks / Like

We used to have a rule at work - no membership card no football discussion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Honestly - if you still haven't bought a membership (financial reasons withstanding) - don't call yourself a Bulldogs supporter. You're not.

Even with the direct debit system in place, it's about the price of a coffee each week.
    Yes you need to have a genuine reason why if you can't buy one. If you have the funds and support the club there you really should buy one. You don't need to buy the most expensive but the fact that you took out a membership and put some money in is the main thing.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

The real test will be to see how many turn up to our next home game. What the hell does the team have to do to drag people in?
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    The real test will be to see how many turn up to our next home game. What the hell does the team have to do to drag people in?
    Our next 2 home games

Round 6 WB V STK at Etihad 2:10pm Saturday afternoon
    Round 7 WB V FRE at Etihad 1:10pm Sunday afternoon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    I understand all this, but we played an interstate team during a holiday weekend in round 1, then another interstate team during THE DREADED graveyard shift in our second home game.

I'm expecting a big, big crowd against the Aints in a couple of weeks. We've got our feel good factor back and I believe the Aints and ourselves have nominated each others' games as our make up fixture for our NZ & Cairns games respectively. (ie. Free entry for away members). So the crowd and the atmosphere should be huge against them. I'm tipping 30k Dogs fans and 15k Aints fans.

Kids love young teams. I'd implore the club to get out there. We've got the buzz on now and the feeling around the west is great! The crowds are coming!

10. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure I agree with your crowd prediction Webby but another thing in our favour is V the saints is on a Saturday at 2.10pm.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I can't get over how much effort the AFL put in to ensure we can't pull decent crowds. In the first 13 rounds the only home game we play against a non-interstate team is round 6 against last year's wooden spooner. Surely no Friday night games in 3 years is enough to hold us back sufficiently, but apparently not.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

13. Likes chef, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Not sure I agree with your crowd prediction Webby but another thing in our favour is V the saints is on a Saturday at 2.10pm.
    Yep 2:10pm on a Saturday and both sets of members get free admission. I reckon we'll surpass 40k easily.

15. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I can't get over how much effort the AFL put in to ensure we can't pull decent crowds. In the first 13 rounds the only home game we play against a non-interstate team is round 6 against last year's wooden spooner. Surely no Friday night games in 3 years is enough to hold us back sufficiently, but apparently not.
    Well I hope our new CEO does something about this.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure if we continue to play the way we are for the rest of the year the AFL will have no choice but to give us some decent fixtures. Surely a couple of Friday night slots beckon if we can finish with 10+ wins.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Yes absolutely Greystache. We are playing a lot of interstate teams at the moment. We need to secure some Friday night footy. That needs to happen. Kids then who are watching on Friday night will see us in action during prime time.