Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  186
Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 Membership Thread - Can we get 35,000

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I can't get over how much effort the AFL put in to ensure we can't pull decent crowds. In the first 13 rounds the only home game we play against a non-interstate team is round 6 against last year's wooden spooner. Surely no Friday night games in 3 years is enough to hold us back sufficiently, but apparently not.
    There's that, but we have a very soft fixture this year in terms of our opposition. We beat 2 interstate sides at home in the first 4 weeks to go 3-1 and suddenly there is a lot of hype around us which will help sell memberships
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I can't get over how much effort the AFL put in to ensure we can't pull decent crowds. In the first 13 rounds the only home game we play against a non-interstate team is round 6 against last year's wooden spooner. Surely no Friday night games in 3 years is enough to hold us back sufficiently, but apparently not.
    We do only get 4 home games against Vic sides for the year. St Kilda, Melbourne, Carlton and Collingwood.
    The AFL have certainly done their best over the past 3 seasons to kill our crowds.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

I'm backing next years draw we get a few Friday night games and home games against vic sides, especially if we can win nine games or more.
    It's quite obvious we are improving and the league will want to take advantage of it after stuffing up giving lowly Carlton a lot of Friday night games.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I'm backing next years draw we get a few Friday night games and home games against vic sides, especially if we can win nine games or more.
    It's quite obvious we are improving and the league will want to take advantage of it after stuffing up giving lowly Carlton a lot of Friday night games.
    I hope we do ledge. About time we get some Friday night footy again. What is the crowd threshold we need to reach at Etihad to make a profit. All we need there is a better stadium deal which we are happy with and will make a profit. Would love 1 home game per year at Whitten Oval. Would certainly be great for our younger fans.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I think it was 20,000 was the profit point but they improved the deal a couple of years ago so I'm not sure now.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    I understand all this, but we played an interstate team during a holiday weekend in round 1, then another interstate team during THE DREADED graveyard shift in our second home game.

I'm expecting a big, big crowd against the Aints in a couple of weeks. We've got our feel good factor back and I believe the Aints and ourselves have nominated each others' games as our make up fixture for our NZ & Cairns games respectively. (ie. Free entry for away members). So the crowd and the atmosphere should be huge against them. I'm tipping 30k Dogs fans and 15k Aints fans.

Kids love young teams. I'd implore the club to get out there. We've got the buzz on now and the feeling around the west is great! The crowds are coming!
    Valid points but a bit of a copout for our supporters. Where were they against Richmond? Crowd of almost 50k and I reckon 15k were our supporters. No excuses for the saints match.....friendly time slot, all weather venue, exciting team who has made a great start to the season. 40k is the pass mark.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

My brother had twin girls today and the first one out is a bulldog and the last out is a Saint.
    Just bought a Baby Bulldog membership for for my new neice today. Unfortunatley the other side of the family are mad Saint supporters. All l can say is lucky there was twins or it could of been war!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Dogs Bollocks View Post
    My brother had twin girls today and the first one out is a bulldog and the last out is a Saint.
    Just bought a Baby Bulldog membership for for my new neice today. Unfortunatley the other side of the family are mad Saint supporters. All l can say is lucky there was twins or it could of been war!
    Congratulations. Your job now is to convert the other one.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Buy the baby bulldog for both.

They can decide when they are old enough and their awareness will coincide with Bulldog supremacy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Congratulations. Your job now is to convert the other one.
    My brother and l both think we will convert the other twin. l am sure we will do better than the Saints in the next 5+ years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Valid points but a bit of a copout for our supporters. Where were they against Richmond? Crowd of almost 50k and I reckon 15k were our supporters. No excuses for the saints match.....friendly time slot, all weather venue, exciting team who has made a great start to the season. 40k is the pass mark.
    Well, 50k went to the Richmond game. An away game for us. 58k went to Richmond v Melbourne two weeks later. At the MCG, a lot depends on how many MCC Members turn up & I reckon Melbourne Footy Club would have a lot more MCC members (gaining free entry as away supporters) than us.

As you say, 40k at Etihad v Saints will be a pass mark, so my prediction of 45k isn't too overly optimistic, IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    As you say, 40k at Etihad v Saints will be a pass mark, so my prediction of 45k isn't too overly optimistic, IMO.
    I think we'll be lucky to get 35k, to be honest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    I think we'll be lucky to get 35k, to be honest.
    I was thinking 30k would be a reasonable crowd. Can't see many Saints fans getting to enthused about the footy based on their last couple of games.

15. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I was thinking 30k would be a reasonable crowd. Can't see many Saints fans getting to enthused about the footy based on their last couple of games.
    Yeah I was thinking low 30s for this very reason.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

My brother and l both think we will convert the other twin. l am sure we will do better than the Saints in the next 5+ years.
    The "premiership window" for kids' affections is 6-8 years, unless you are able to get some fierce brainwashing in. That said, my eldest was ferocious Bulldog and he swapped last year to… *shudder*… (please forgive him Lord, he knows not what he does)……… Essendon. Needless to say, we haven't spoken for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah I was thinking low 30s for this very reason.
    Let's run a pool!!