Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  186
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 Membership Thread - Can we get 35,000

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    The "premiership window" for kids' affections is 6-8 years, unless you are able to get some fierce brainwashing in. That said, my eldest was ferocious Bulldog and he swapped last year to… *shudder*… (please forgive him Lord, he knows not what he does)……… Essendon. Needless to say, we haven't spoken for a year.

Let's run a pool!!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!! Leave news articles about all the sms's and details of the EFC "we don't know what we injected our players with" around the house - kind of like Hansel & Gretel bread crumbs and make sure the trail leads to articles about the upward trajectory of the might Dogs. When the toilet flushes link it to "Sons of the West", and when your son goes to bed play it again (for a bit of variety use the end of game player's singing version). Also leave the Dog's magazine on bedside table for a bit of night time reading. Win him back BornAScragger, win him back !!!!

2. Likes Drunken Bum, HOSE B ROMERO, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    The "premiership window" for kids' affections is 6-8 years, unless you are able to get some fierce brainwashing in. That said, my eldest was ferocious Bulldog and he swapped last year to… *shudder*… (please forgive him Lord, he knows not what he does)……… Essendon. Needless to say, we haven't spoken for a year.
    My boy is now 19 months old and he already loves the Bulldogs. Very time he sees the logo he points and says Dogs loudly. I gave him the extra magazine we got delivered to our house and he read through it as well as he possibly could for his age. I've got scarfs hanging in his room as well and of course stuffed toys. I'm on track to have another Doggie supporter but I dread that day if he changes BAS. I'm open to him supporting someone else except for Essendon. If he barracks for them he'll have to find another place to stay, it's that simple.

4. Likes Bulldog4life, Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My little 2.5yr old boy is obsessed with The Pack, those goofy Bulldogs mascots. The club put out a few videos of them on the website last week so I showed him and now everyday he's at me 'Bulldogs, Bulldogs'.

This coincided with me taking him to his first ever game, appropriately at the Whitten Oval on Sunday. When I told him to watch out for the Bulldogs running out on the field, he was disappointed it was the players and not the mascots I was talking about

Phase 1 in brainwashing has commenced.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Like above and to rip off First Dog On The Moon, mission 'The Brainwashening' is in full swing.
    My son who recently turned two is already well and truly on the right path. He's been a member since birth and he's always had bulldog merchandise close at hand. We used to go through the Bulldog book that arrives each year and I'd get him to learn associate player's names with their picture. That became an issue when Cooney, Griffen and Higgins left..we had some unlearning to do there. But he is already calling out Stringer and Bont when we watch the games on the TV.
    I will be secretly crushed if he grows up to support another team when he gets older, hence why I'm working hard now to make those Bulldog neural connections strong now whilst his little brain is so pliable. Mwwwaaahaaaa!!!!

7. Likes Drunken Bum, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My sons first 3 words were Dad, Mum and Dogs.
    The curse is dead.

9. Likes G-Mo77, Drunken Bum, josie, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    My sons first 3 words were Dad, Mum and Dogs.
    Clubhouse leader.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    My boy is now 19 months old and he already loves the Bulldogs. Very time he sees the logo he points and says Dogs loudly. I gave him the extra magazine we got delivered to our house and he read through it as well as he possibly could for his age. I've got scarfs hanging in his room as well and of course stuffed toys. I'm on track to have another Doggie supporter but I dread that day if he changes BAS. I'm open to him supporting someone else except for Essendon. If he barracks for them he'll have to find another place to stay, it's that simple.
    If my son barracks for anyone else he'll have to find somewhere else to stay. No son of mine is barracking for any other teams. This is my sole concession on his life, he can love who he wants, do what makes him happy yada yada but the Bulldogs are a non-negotiable I'm afraid.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

12. Likes ratsmac, comrade liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    If my son barracks for anyone else he'll have to find somewhere else to stay. No son of mine is barracking for any other teams. This is my sole concession on his life, he can love who he wants, do what makes him happy yada yada but the Bulldogs are a non-negotiable I'm afraid.
    Spot on. l was exactly the same when my then 7-8 year old tried to jump ship (now 11). l got quite nasty with him and told him he would have to move out because l refused to have another supporter live in our house. He did wavier for a couple of years but is now a dyed in the wool dog.
    You just have to keep at them and don't give into them. Has to be easier this year with how the team is going.

14. Likes comrade, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After another great day today, If you are not a member by now, what the hell are you waiting for? If you are a member make sure you get to Etihad and raise the roof next week. Far too many of you find very soft reasons for not going.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure this team can do anything more than we've done to bandwagon members. Cmon y'all and just do it already.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    After another great day today, If you are not a member by now, what the hell are you waiting for? If you are a member make sure you get to Etihad and raise the roof next week. Far too many of you find very soft reasons for not going.
    The club and players are doing everything they can to minimise reasons for supporters not going. It's time to get on board and get to the games
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

18. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The club and players are doing everything they can to minimise reasons for supporters not going. It's time to get on board and get to the games
    Next week is the big test
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!! Leave news articles about all the sms's and details of the EFC "we don't know what we injected our players with" around the house - kind of like Hansel & Gretel bread crumbs and make sure the trail leads to articles about the upward trajectory of the might Dogs. When the toilet flushes link it to "Sons of the West", and when your son goes to bed play it again (for a bit of variety use the end of game player's singing version). Also leave the Dog's magazine on bedside table for a bit of night time reading. Win him back BornAScragger, win him back !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Unfortunately I wasn't kidding when I said we haven't spoken in a year. He lives with his mother in the Pilbara, the stepdad goes for the Bombers (he's the perfect fit for a Bomber fan, actually) and I've little choice in the matter.

Maybe when he's older and able to contact me more I'll try and woo him back.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got around to getting my membership. After today (and given the fact I was planing to go to the St.Kilda game) it just seemed like a good time to bother. (hopefully I've not left it too late and I'll be able to use it to get in)

First non-concession membership too. I hate giving up my money but it's easier after a day like today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Next week is the big test
    Yep, Saturday afternoon offers us a very good chance of getting a lot of our supporters to the game.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"