Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  66
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: In-Zaine in the Brian

Deuce hits packs the way Redpath and Stringer look like they should.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I think I'd like to bring Cameron Ling into the club after the 5th re-watch of the GF and his comments on the Hannebery tackle:

"I've seen some big tackles in Grand Finals, but that one by Cordy is as good as I've ever seen."
    I know its been done to death but that tackle really is a thing of beauty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I know its been done to death but that tackle really is a thing of beauty.
    Yep, set the tone for the day. Zaine's double fists into Hanneberys chest as he got up was a great signal to them that not only are we not intimidated by them, but that we are here to give strong physicality back and win the day.

His final series was just amazing. Smashed the AA CHB in McGovern that they had to ruck him to get him near the play. Did his job well against the Hawks. Did a great job against GWS, kicked 2 and KO's their captain and best player. And was everywhere in the first quarter of the GF, huge tackles, physicality and of course the first goal. Impossible not to be proud of this kid, even more so for those who watched him at the Falcons and now start to bloom into an impressive afl player.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep, set the tone for the day. Zaine's double fists into Hanneberys chest as he got up was a great signal to them that not only are we not intimidated by them, but that we are here to give strong physicality back and win the day.

His final series was just amazing. Smashed the AA CHB in McGovern that they had to ruck him to get him near the play. Did his job well against the Hawks. Did a great job against GWS, kicked 2 and KO's their captain and best player. And was everywhere in the first quarter of the GF, huge tackles, physicality and of course the first goal. Impossible not to be proud of this kid, even more so for those who watched him at the Falcons and now start to bloom into an impressive afl player.
    Good post BT. He's an absolute ripper is Zaine. He doesn't look hard but he certainly plays hard. Hopefully he can put some more muscle on his frame but I have a feeling he's going to stay one of those wirey types like his brother. With some more muscle/strength he could play on gorillas and also the shorter players. He is already versatile and he has plenty of improvement which is exciting.
    The only knock on him is that trampoline he has on his chest.
    I think he'll play back in 2017 which is a shame because I loved his unlikely goals.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

5. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Good post BT. He's an absolute ripper is Zaine. He doesn't look hard but he certainly plays hard. Hopefully he can put some more muscle on his frame but I have a feeling he's going to stay one of those wirey types like his brother. With some more muscle/strength he could play on gorillas and also the shorter players. He is already versatile and he has plenty of improvement which is exciting.
    The only knock on him is that trampoline he has on his chest.
    I think he'll play back in 2017 which is a shame because I loved his unlikely goals.
    His chest marking is less of an issue in defence. Up close his arms look a little long for his wirey body, which in defence give him great spoiling advantage with his reach, jump and height. Much like Dustin Fletcher on all counts. I think that's where he will provide the most advantage in the 22, and when he can add the confidence to provide run and counter attack to his defensive job he'll be one hell of a Bevo desired prototype defender. And as you say, he's also good up the other end with the stats I posted on this thread yesterday. Losing Hamling wasn't ideal, but Cordy can be a decent replacement down back with Cloke in to take over the role he brilliantly played in the finals up forward.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Likes N/A, ratsmac, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Love his attitude

Post Thanks / Like

So now everyone knows what I've been on about since Zaine was just 16. The other part of what I've always said is that he can be a rebounding, attacking defender that runs and can take the game on whilst still keeping his opponent honest. His game was last week of career best 22 disposals, 14 kicks, 8 handballs, 7 marks and best SC & AFLFP points shows he can do that. As well as be a dour defender or negating defensive forward, if need be. And he's always loved dishing out hurt! Which I love.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 25-06-2017 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Thai Poe

11. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    White King need to increase their sponsorship. That's a great shot for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Zaine has now racked up a century in AFL Fantasy Points two weeks ago, and now a century in SuperCoach Points today. A great effort from not only a kid, but from a KPD. For instance, Roberts hasn't been close to a century in both forms.

Post Thanks / Like

Thought he was very good today . Our best defender .

15. Likes kruder, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's brutal. I like him.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    He's brutal. I like him.
    Good word to describe him - brutal at the man and ball and can actually play.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Officially sold.

Best defender on our list right now.

19. Likes bulldogtragic, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For draft pick 72....