Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  66
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: In-Zaine in the Brian

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    His positioning is so good. The way he can twist and turn to interrupt a forward without infringing is outstanding. That ground ball he won after 3 repeat efforts was game defining.

The spiritual heir to the almighty Dale Morris.
    Is there anyone you'd rather running back towards a forward on the break? Morris? Hodge? That may well become his signature with more time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Is there anyone you'd rather running back towards a forward on the break? Morris? Hodge? That may well become his signature with more time.
    It's certainly a specialty of his, which is crazy given it's probably the worst thing a defender wants to deal with.

I never doubted he was going to be a good player. Now I'm expecting him to become great.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Some of his work in one on one's he had no right to halve without infringing. Inspirational stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Got the heart of a bulldog. Bloody tough, agile and smart and NEVER gives up. Can see him and Young forming a good partnership, and Adams if he can overcome injuries.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not going to go through my old posts on him, but you could really tell in TAC Moreso that his arms look too long for his body. So he can impact contests with bigger blokes without giving a free away. Very much how Dustin Fletcher's arms seemed to just creep into contests his body looked a bit too back for. So his arms are great for spoiling, but also tackling and getting spoils into the back folks heads (looking at you Taylor Adams).
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Ramanaskus called him Ayce pre-game . Should wash his mouth out
    Who's this Ramanaskus you speak of ?
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

That epic contest when he beat Daniher was superb. He just hates being beaten. Developing beautifully
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    It's certainly a specialty of his, which is crazy given it's probably the worst thing a defender wants to deal with.

I never doubted he was going to be a good player. Now I'm expecting him to become great.
    He will be the greatest of all the Cordy clan! Better than Neil, Brian, Roger and Simon (I think the fourth brother was Simon, he never actually came down and played with us so I don't even know why I know his name.) All hail the great Zaine.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    He will be the greatest of all the Cordy clan! Better than Neil, Brian, Roger and Simon (I think the fourth brother was Simon, he never actually came down and played with us so I don't even know why I know his name.) All hail the great Zaine.
    Ah hem, and Ayce.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Ah hem, and Ayce.

Oh yeah, Ayce.

Alphabetically he's first.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'll PICK NUMBER 62 as my lucky number.

Hehehe! See what I did there?

Post Thanks / Like

In fact we have seen the A to Z of Cordys.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

14. Likes azabob, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully the club puts up footage of his game today on the website during the week.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Graeme was a brother who played a few games with us. I never thought we'd find a replacement fit to tie Dale Morris boots, but gee Zaine is looking more and more a most adequate successor as our fierce warrior lynchpin versatile defender (very high praise)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Graeme was a brother who played a few games with us. I never thought we'd find a replacement fit to tie Dale Morris boots, but gee Zaine is looking more and more a most adequate successor as our fierce warrior lynchpin versatile defender (very high praise)

Graeme was the other. Took a big speccy at the MCG one day. He was probably the closest to Zaine in style. Zaine's dad was a half back flanker, Neil was a wingman who Malthouse tried to turn into a halfback flanker until he went to the Swans and Graeme was a tallish rangy CHF.