Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  66
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: In-Zaine in the Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    IIRC After that free was reversed Fev made some comment to Lake about the "Being in the front seat for the Fev show" or something. He certainly backed it up.
    I believe that was said in front of Lake - to the Bulldog trainer when he ran out to Lake after a Fev goal.

Post Thanks / Like

Zaine doing this week's press conference

• ZC: A bit sore, hectic game with fast pace. Gone back to our fundamentals, which is nice to see.

ZC: Feels different in how we starting to gel, playing footy we know how to play. Still got plenty to improvement to go though.
    • ZC: Personally it's been good growth to play on big names, also nice to have Lewis Young down there too.

• ZC: my main role is to be backman, reason forward line worked last week was the use and quality of delivery going inside 50.

ZC: Dunks is going well, come back in good time. Done everything right, Bevo will probably put him in the VFL.

• ZC: it's an exciting challenge, Lions been playing well. Young like us and they have plenty of talent so will be a good contest.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Thanks bulldogtragic, ratsmac thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Link

'We're not back yet': Dog preaches caution

Outsiders have been quick to declare the Western Bulldogs are 'back' after their third win in a row but key defender Zaine Cordy says there's more improvement to come.

Form fluctuations and injuries to key personnel has been the story of the Dogs’ season so far, but Luke Beveridge's side has shown signs of life over the past three weeks, with wins over Carlton, Gold Coast and Essendon moving them to ninth - the last in a group of four teams with 10 wins for the season.

"It's been good but we're definitely not back yet - we've got some improvement to come in the few rounds left," Cordy said on Tuesday.
    "It's definitely good to see that we're playing the sort of footy we know we can play. It's been a bit frustrating when we haven't performed the way we know we can.

"We're starting to hit our straps a little bit but there's a still a long way to go. We're still not guaranteed a finals spot.
    "There's still plenty of pressure on."

With just 26 AFL games under his belt, Cordy is a part of one of the most inexperienced key back tandems in the league, along with Lewis Young (three games).

Defensive stalwarts Dale Morris (arm) and Marcus Adams (foot) will battle to make it back on the field this campaign, but Cordy says Beveridge has given him the confidence to take on any opponent.

"He wants (me) to play on instinct ... to defend first then let the offence follow," he said.
    "There will always be teams that doubt us because of the inexperienced players that have come into our team ... I definitely use that as motivation to prove them wrong."

Stringer, who injured a hamstring in round 17, is set to return to full training next week, while Dunkley will play in the VFL this weekend after suffering a serious shoulder injury in round seven.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Adams is a defensive stalwart? He's played less games than Zaine, including never playing finals...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Adams is a defensive stalwart? He's played less games than Zaine, including never playing finals...
    The media never cease to amaze with their lack of fact and knowledge. .. Even the ex players.
    Cordy is already a leader down back.
    Bring back the biff

7. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    The media never cease to amaze with their lack of fact and knowledge. .. Even the ex players.
    Cordy is already a leader down back.
    Yep, even a simple check of basic stats on the club's website (senior player, list view) would tell the journo something a basic as this. I'm not sure if it's lazy, incompetent or both.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Zaine looks so different off the field -- like a meek little angel!

Post Thanks / Like

Great that he pointed out we arent guaranteed finals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Great that he pointed out we arent guaranteed finals.
    Lots of hard work yet to go.

Brisbane won't be a pushover.

Post Thanks / Like

What a mo. What a man. Is that a crazy bird? Is that a fighter plane? Nah, it's meaner and tougher than both. It's the Zaine Train and it's comin' straight atchya, so move aside or be be prepared to be torn asunder.

Post Thanks / Like

New Saint's 'emotional' exchange with Bevo

St Kilda recruit Zaine Cordy said the decision to leave the Western Bulldogs "wasn't easy", but felt it was the right time to depart the club.

Cordy, who was a father-son selection in 2014, played 118 games in eight years at the Bulldogs, including being part of their 2016 premiership side.

Speaking to AFL.com.au's Sarah Olle and Josh Gabelich on Continental Tyres AFL Trade Radio, Cordy opened up on his emotional exchange with now-former coach Luke Beveridge.

"We both started together. He's been my only coach throughout my footy career," Cordy said.

"It was a bit emotional. He was a bit surprised that I was going but he understood why I was doing it. In the end, we still remain good mates and we will catch up in the near future."

Despite having an offer on the table to re-sign, Cordy felt opportunities may dry up with the acquisition of Liam Jones, opting to instead sign a three-year deal with the Saints.

"I thought opportunity would be quite limited at the Bulldogs and the Saints have been keeping tabs on me throughout the year," Cordy said.

"They see a bit of talent in me, I can play a role down there, whether it's forward or back... Another thing that drew me there is 'Ratts' (St Kilda coach Brett Ratten) is a good people person.

"He forms strong relationships with his players and staff. He has a lot of trust and faith in his players and that was a big drawcard." – Nick D'Urbano

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    "They see a bit of talent in me, I can play a role down there, whether it's forward or back... Another thing that drew me there is 'Ratts' (St Kilda coach Brett Ratten) is a good people person.
    Lol.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

15. Likes bulldogtragic, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Lol.
    You won't be laughing when Zaine kicks 5 on Liam Jones next year.

17. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Lol.
    That's premiership centre half forward you're lolling at.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting Saints had been in touch with him throughout the year.