Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  66
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: In-Zaine in the Brian

The team management this year really has been exceptional. Aside from all the other benefits mentioned here and on other threads, it means that most players in the team are relatively fresh.

Like others I have been half expecting that our young team may drop away in the back half of the year. I think a big reason we seem to be holding up so well has been the judicious way in which the players have been used.

Giving all these kids a few games sets us up great for the future but it's also working out great for our present.

Let's hope it holds up for a few more weeks yet!

Post Thanks / Like

I really liked Zaine's game today. He judges the ball well and has a bit of nastiness to his play. Nothing stupid, but he likes to make sure his opponent earns every touch while not letting he umpires see too much. A very clever player, I hope he works hard on his game because he has the ability to become elite.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Who you trin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know I'm loco?

Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like the Son of Sam, Blam!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Who you trin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know I'm loco?

Cool story Hansel.

8. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We/I unofficially started this supporter group in September 2013 in private messages prior to the official start date of the OP. I think me banging on about Jarrad Grant may have hurt my talent spotting cred in my love for Zaine as I watched him a lot through his TAC and champs. And the feedback I was getting from parents from other Falcons players was top notch, I even spoke with Peter Gordon for about 5 minutes on the need for him to get a case of osteitis pubis in mid 2014 and also banged on about how good he is going to be (can I take credit for his drafting? ). It's great to see him showing some good signs and getting some recognition by our supporters. I will say it again for the record, the kid is going to be a very, very good player for us.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

10. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We/I unofficially started this supporter group in September 2013 in private messages prior to the official start date of the OP. I think me banging on about Jarrad Grant may have hurt my talent spotting cred in my love for Zaine as I watched him a lot through his TAC and champs. And the feedback I was getting from parents from other Falcons players was top notch, I even spoke with Peter Gordon for about 5 minutes on the need for him to get a case of osteitis pubis in mid 2014 and also banged on about how good he is going to be (can I take credit for his drafting? :) ). It's great to see him showing some good signs and getting some recognition by our supporters. I will say it again for the record, the kid is going to be a very, very good player for us.
    Yes you can but only if you take the blame for hanging onto Jarrod Grant too long.

12. Thanks 1eyedog, SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Yes you can but only if you take the blame for hanging onto Jarrod Grant too long.
    Tough decision. But I go with Zaine drafting credit! That gives me Tom Boyd & Cordy, so I'm doing my part for the club.

Post Thanks / Like

Spot on BT. Bevo said in the pre match that every time this season they were going to pick him he got injured. So glad he played last night. He still has some growing into his body to go. No reason why he can't stay in the team for the remainder of the year.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

15. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Really liked what I saw. Spoiled and competed well, actually looked dangerous when he went forward and managed a goal as well.

He stays in.

Post Thanks / Like

Expected him to stand up and he did. Really like his composure. Just seemed pretty relaxed.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I also loved his huge knee into the ribs of Taylor as he stood under a high ball. It was good to see him make opponents hurt and 'earn it' almost all the time. If he keeps up his fair mongrel, some players will hear his footsteps coming over the years.

Post Thanks / Like

Tough decision. But I go with Zaine drafting credit! That gives me Tom Boyd & Cordy, so I'm doing my part for the club.
    A volatile combination

Post Thanks / Like

I also loved his huge knee into the ribs of Taylor as he stood under a high ball. It was good to see him make opponents hurt and 'earn it' almost all the time. If he keeps up his fair mongrel, some players will hear his footsteps coming over the years.
    We also gave away a few free kicks last night when our players were late to marking contests so they committed their bodies to hit the opponent. I like the intent of making them earn it rather than just passively letting them make it.

They're going to mark it anyway, might as well give away the free and make them look over their shoulder next time.

I too liked what I saw from Zaine last night. Plenty to work with, good size and mobile.