Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  66
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: In-Zaine in the Brian

Long arms though. Really long arms whihc means he plays taller - much like the Bont.

I was impressed with his game last night. Thought he did some nice things. Good mark, lovely snap. Good signs that he is better/has more impact than his brother did

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Long arms though. Really long arms whihc means he plays taller - much like the Bont.

I was impressed with his game last night. Thought he did some nice things. Good mark, lovely snap. Good signs that he is better/has more impact than his brother did
    In basketball terms, he has great length.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I see a lot of Andrew Mackie in him. Almost a key position defender with his marking ability but plays more like a flanker with dash.Mackie is 193cm but has always seemed to me a versatile, mobile linking flanker. Very underrated and tough player for a decade in a team of many individual champions. Apparently has a mouth on him too. Did the job on johnno a couple of times who was no slouch overhead. If Zaine can emulate his career or shaggy's and get into his opponents verbally too. then he will be some acquisition.

4. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Really liked his game. Took the best mark of the night right near us, it was a terrific grab. Made the most of his opportunity and was useful in both an offensive and defensive role. We'll get good value out of Zordy, no doubt in my mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torpedo View Post
    I see a lot of Andrew Mackie in him. Almost a key position defender with his marking ability but plays more like a flanker with dash.Mackie is 193cm but has always seemed to me a versatile, mobile linking flanker. Very underrated and tough player for a decade in a team of many individual champions. Apparently has a mouth on him too. Did the job on johnno a couple of times who was no slouch overhead. If Zaine can emulate his career or shaggy's and get into his opponents verbally too. then he will be some acquisition.
    May be a good comparison. Is Zaine as mobile/quick as Mackie or Shaggy though? I don't feel like I've seen enough of him to say

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    May be a good comparison. Is Zaine as mobile/quick as Mackie or Shaggy though? I don't feel like I've seen enough of him to say
    He's quick alright. The club has put some weight on his frame, but once he gets to his optimal playing weight and conditioned well I expect him to have that good turn off toe. He also has a very good side-step or shimmy through traffic and around opponents.

I've got to say I'm loving all the Zaine love. We will have a potentially unique and very effective defence in a few years with Zaine, a hulking Collins, Adams, Wood and possibly Hurley with flankers rotating through too.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    He's quick alright. The club has put some weight on his frame, but once he gets to his optimal playing weight and conditioned well I expect him to have that good turn off toe. He also has a very good side-step or shimmy through traffic and around opponents.
    Anyone else able to verify this?

While I love your enthusiasm for Zaine, I feel if I were to ask what he shits the answer would be gold bricks.

Like Jarrad before him you get right on board the players you love.

9. Likes bulldogtragic, Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Anyone else able to verify this?

While I love your enthusiasm for Zaine, I feel if I were to ask what he shits the answer would be gold bricks.

Like Jarrad before him you get right on board the players you love.
    True, and they're stunning gold bricks ( ). Jarrad was more stubbornness that we didn't burn another top 10 pick, truth be told. I've been watching or hearing inside info on Zaine since he was 16. So my ramblings are in deed biased, but for very good reasons. Apart from chatting to PG about how good I thought he was, on another occasion I spoke privately with BMac about Zaine just before he got sacked and he was a huge fan too and gave the reasons why, and so much so he said if we had to use our second rounder we would owing to Higgins compo. I'm just really, really happy for him, and happy our fans are getting behind him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to see him get his first AFL career goal in Friday night.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torpedo View Post
    Less of a wanker though.

Hopefully.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

We, the executive still have memberships to InZaine in the Brian if you want to join us. As President I welcome much love for a player whose career games include 37% game played in winning finals, as a contributor. I look forward to him becoming our genuine swingman and replicating his junior footy as an attacking, tall, effective and rebounding defender - who now has runs on the board as a genuine swingman.

But like social club memberships, once we are full you'll have to be on the waiting list.

Post Thanks / Like

GF first goal from the boundary line for the WB...

How good was that?
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

16. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by choconmientay View Post
    GF first goal from the boundary line for the WB...

How good was that?
    In a year of unbelievable moments, that was one of the most unlikely!

Post Thanks / Like

Better than his fist effort at least.

That said I'm more than ready to be part of his bandwagon, if I wasn't already.

Post Thanks / Like

Better than his fist effort at least.

That said I'm more than ready to be part of his bandwagon, if I wasn't already.