Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  66
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: In-Zaine in the Brian

He seems to be backing his opposite foot skills a bit more in recent weeks even when he could get around to his right side. It's a bloody awkward kicking style but it seems to be effective enough
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He seems to be backing his opposite foot skills a bit more in recent weeks even when he could get around to his right side. It's a bloody awkward kicking style but it seems to be effective enough
    It's very effective isn't it. It looks a little like he's heard Akermanis speak about having as little room as possible in the ball drop on your wrong side to control the kick. Which isn't classical, but effective. It's good to know he's taken on the 'thou shall kick on both sides well, or not get a game' commandment, which seems like a guideline now rather than a commandment.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I like the way he looks personally offended by any opposition bit of good play or a goal. And without Clay Smith in the side, only he and Redpath look like they could hurt an opposition with their physicality ( not that this was evident in Big Red yesterday)
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Our most improved player this year.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Duplicate, please delete.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    For draft pick 72....
    When you consider his brother went at 14, and only because StKilda also rated him, I wonder if clubs may have been scared off by the surname?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    When you consider his brother went at 14, and only because StKilda also rated him, I wonder if clubs may have been scared off by the surname?
    I'm not sure, but something caused the slide. As I've said before, Brendan McCartney among other things told me his view was that Zaine was worth the Higgins compo (pick 27 - Lukas Webb) and supported using that if need be. So we must have been over the moon to get him so cheap. And we need to remember he's only played about 20 games, and hasn't been developed into the rebounding role. The growth in his game to date indicates that there's a lot more to come when he starts passing 50 & 100 games of experience, and more and more strength and fitness from preseasons.

His development is quite exciting from a team balance perspective. If we could land Lever, then with Cordy & Adams we'd have three very mobile KPDs. If Collins can make the grade then, then Cordy or Adams can swing forward or into other roles. More than anything if just really happy for him and his family of Bulldog heritage. To crack 100 points already in SC and AFL Fantasy Points is a great effort for a young KPD.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Very much on board, simply because he copies Morris' spoiling tactic - hits the opposition player with his chest as he spoils. Has a real streak of bastard about him too and can play on quicker types too.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Very much on board, simply because he copies Morris' spoiling tactic - hits the opposition player with his chest as he spoils. Has a real streak of bastard about him too and can play on quicker types too.
    I actually think pace is his weakness. Gets to contests okay but he's not quick when the ball is in space.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Now do you believe Trinity?

Essendon gave 100% late in that last and Zaine would have none of it time and time again. None. Of. *!*!*!*!ing. It.

At a boy.

11. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes Twodogs, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ramanaskus called him Ayce pre-game . Should wash his mouth out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Now do you believe Trinity?

Essendon gave 100% late in that last and Zaine would have none of it time and time again. None. Of. *!*!*!*!ing. It.

At a boy.
    He was monumental in the last.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Best game hes played. What a beast.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

The old man showed every ounce of experience he had in the last to put those spoils on Daniher.

Maybe our best veteran.

To go from a possible running half back, to a a defensive CHF, to just about our first choice key defender is quite a journey. Perfectly suited to the zone defence with his ability, athleticism and defensive talents

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    The old man showed every ounce of experience he had in the last to put those spoils on Daniher.

Maybe our best veteran.

To go from a possible running half back, to a a defensive CHF, to just about our first choice key defender is quite a journey. Perfectly suited to the zone defence with his ability, athleticism and defensive talents
    His positioning is so good. The way he can twist and turn to interrupt a forward without infringing is outstanding. That ground ball he won after 3 repeat efforts was game defining.

The spiritual heir to the almighty Dale Morris.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.