Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  174
Page 28 of 60 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who should we get as our new coach?

Ok I am confused. I must be the only person that doesn't know what is going on with Bomber behind closed doors. I heard rumours back in the Geelong days but he coached them to 2 premierships (probably 3 considering Scott rode in on Bombers coattails) since then. I don't care to know his dirty laundry for that matter. However what I do care about is the Western Bulldogs football club and IF Bomber Thompson is a risk of being a cancerous growth amongst our club, then I agree we have to cross him off the list. We have enough of our own murmurings ATM to worry about. If it's true about Bomber being unstable and needing a break, it's unfortunate because he has a great football brain and would be good for our club.

2. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I know Thompson isn't being interviewed for a job with us. There is no need for further speculation on Thompson with regards to coaching us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    As far as I know Thompson isn't being interviewed for a job with us. There is no need for further speculation on Thompson with regards to coaching us.
    Do we have any sort of definitive idea of who is being interviewed? Monty is an obvious one but I don't think I've actually seen anything more than speculation about other candidates.
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Do we have any sort of definitive idea of who is being interviewed? Monty is an obvious one but I don't think I've actually seen anything more than speculation about other candidates.
    Nope, Which is kind of weird it hadn't leaked out.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Yeah, I'm still trying to work out if it's a good or bad thing
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Fair bit of talk about interviews with Ratten and Tudor last week, I think once the interviews actually start we will hear a lot more speculation about the candidates.
    Interesting to see both Monty and Ratten at $2.50 with Sports Bet, but the outrages one is James Hird at $41 ( the club and Woof would rightly go into meltdown if this ever occurred.)

http://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/australian-rules/next-western-bulldogs-coach?LeftNav
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Fair bit of talk about interviews with Ratten and Tudor last week, I think once the interviews actually start we will hear a lot more speculation about the candidates.
    Interesting to see both Monty and Ratten at $2.50 with Sports Bet, but the outrages one is James Hird at $41 ( the club and Woof would rightly go into meltdown if this ever occurred.)

http://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/australian-rules/next-western-bulldogs-coach?LeftNav
    Sportsbet even had Ryan Griffen at $41!

9. Likes Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't Ratten say he was staying at the Hawks?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Yep, that is what I read.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure its a good sign for our club when coaches decided to stay in their current role, rather than put their hand up, such as Dew or Ratten.

Unless they have been told on the quiet, thanks, but no thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I read that Ratten was staying at the Hawks in relation to the Gold Coast coaching appointment. Whether he feels that way in regards to a Melbourne based team time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like

Whoever gets the job, I hope they make the time to have a good chat with BMac because that is a lot of knowledge on the last 3 years that has just walked out the door.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

15. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What are BMac's odds?

Because I'm struggling to identify a clearly better available option out there.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    What are BMac's odds?

Because I'm struggling to identify a clearly better available option out there.
    There is little doubt that the strange decision by Griffen to walk away from the Club led to Macca's demise. As a Club we haven't been very professional when you add the poaching of Tom Boyd from his contract as well. With regards a new Coach you would hope that there is another Clarkson or Hinkley type out there that can help resurrect our fortunes and help restore back respect of the WB in the competition. Strong on field leadership and Board governance are major requirements.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    There is little doubt that the strange decision by Griffen to walk away from the Club led to Macca's demise. As a Club we haven't been very professional when you add the poaching of Tom Boyd from his contract as well. With regards a new Coach you would hope that there is another Clarkson or Hinkley type out there that can help resurrect our fortunes and help restore back respect of the WB in the competition. Strong on field leadership and Board governance are major requirements.
    I wouldn't be averse to seeing B-Mac reconsider, or one from left field...... Neil Craig.