Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  174
Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who should we get as our new coach?

I was thinking Balme for senior mentor if we have a junior coach, however it looks like Pies have him. Pity cause I like him and think he is a good operator and calming influence.

I know Neil Craig has been mentioned (although we are not sure whether as coach or mentor). Anyone else other than Craig? (Ayres, Wallace.....).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    I was thinking Balme for senior mentor if we have a junior coach, however it looks like Pies have him. Pity cause I like him and think he is a good operator and calming influence.

I know Neil Craig has been mentioned (although we are not sure whether as coach or mentor). Anyone else other than Craig? (Ayres, Wallace.....).
    Maybe we can't afford not to have a coach mentor, because we may have avoided problems during McCartney's tenure and many clubs are now appointing them. But can we afford one, have we got the finances; they must be on head coach type wages?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post

Balme would have been the perfect fit for Bmac. I was really keen on the idea of making a play for Balme a couple of years ago but that horse has bolted now.

I would think Craig would be a bad fit. I think he still craves a senior job.

Ayres could be good. What about Dean Laidley?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Balme would have been the perfect fit for Bmac. I was really keen on the idea of making a play for Balme a couple of years ago but that horse has bolted now.

I would think Craig would be a bad fit. I think he still craves a senior job.

Ayres could be good. What about Dean Laidley?
    How about Worsfold as Director of Coaching? Hopefully we can have a positive impact during the interview process, use it as our sales pitch, and he'll jump on board.

On Beveridge, a mate worked with him at Collingwood and said he's "a premiership coach waiting to happen."

"Players loved him, staff loved him, everyone still speaks really highly of him. Relates to the average player as well as he does the stars. Really positive attitude enthusiastic without being over the top...the sort of guy you want to play for. Montgomery would be a step backwards from what I've heard."

I really trust this friends opinion, and based on that I'd be very happy if we were to grab Beveridge.

5. Likes N/A, Twodogs, The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Balme is going to Collingwood?! He's the exact guy who would have been great to bring in some capacity.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jazzadogs.

Imminent appointment of Beveridge sounding more and more like it's the best choice.

It would be marvellous if Worsfold wanted to live in Melbourne and become mentor.

Who should be backline coach? I think this one is crucial. If Beveridge is main coach he will want a big say in who it is, seeing as backline seems like his forte.

I really like Hanson - speaks well and seems very knowledgeable. Perhaps he will be our forward line coach.

Post Thanks / Like

Off Twitter

MORE COACHING NEWS
    According to Channel 7's Mark Stevens and Tom Browne the Western Bulldogs are apparently circling current Essendon General Manager of Performance Neil Craig for a Director of Coaching Role with the club.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Good news, we seem a little behind the times with our appointments. I guess our lack of wealth has a lot to do with this though.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Beverigde took a team from C grade premier to B grade premier to A grade premier in three straight years at ametures level. To do this you must be able to coach. From all reports he is a great communicator and a very good coach in the making. Wouldn't be the worst choice out there.

11. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Off Twitter

MORE COACHING NEWS
    According to Channel 7's Mark Stevens and Tom Browne the Western Bulldogs are apparently circling current Essendon General Manager of Performance Neil Craig for a Director of Coaching Role with the club.

I do not like it Sam I Am.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Off Twitter

MORE COACHING NEWS
    I don't mind this. Craig has a wealth of knowledge and experience, and although he never quite got the Crows to the top of the mountain, he'd be a good sounding board for a young coach to have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    I don't mind this. Craig has a wealth of knowledge and experience, and although he never quite got the Crows to the top of the mountain, he'd be a good sounding board for a young coach to have.
    Our interest in Craig for a Director of Coaching role might also be a strong indication that we are going for a younger coach.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I do not like it Sam I Am.
    Why don't you like green eggs and ham?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

16. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Our interest in Craig for a Director of Coaching role might also be a strong indication that we are going for a younger coach.
    The idea of supporting a younger coach with an experienced person makes perfect sense

Would Craig move if he isn't our number 1 man?

A Beveridge, Monty, Craig trio would seem a good ticket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    The idea of supporting a younger coach with an experienced person makes perfect sense

Would Craig move if he isn't our number 1 man?

A Beveridge, Monty, Craig trio would seem a good ticket
    Further speculation by the Hun is not ruling out Craig for the senior role.

I think Craig is the most articulate and impressive of the coaches or coaches in waiting given the way he responds to all media questions. I heard him talking about Hird and Thompson a couple of weeks ago and explaining that Harvey was joining the team and he was very impressive.
    At the moment I'm guessing that if it's not Beveridge then maybe it's Craig for 2 years before handing it over to Monty and taking up the director of coaching role.

19. Likes azabob, 1eyedog liked this post