Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  275
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: BOYD a DOG

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BOYD a DOG

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    And Fabio has won an award for being an actor/model, and not the other way around. But we know that's not true, it's just a line. Tom is a blue chip KPF despite the things he repeats.
    Exactly. Besides you would't pay a mill a season for a second ruck/forward surely.

2. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To be fair to Tom, I doubt he's going to go on national TV and say 'nah, I'm a freaking monster key forward but these idiots have got me slumming it up in the ruck'.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

4. Likes bulldogtragic, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    To be fair to Tom, I doubt he's going to go on national TV and say 'nah, I'm a freaking monster key forward but these idiots have got me slumming it up in the ruck'.

March down to the goalsquare at the start of the game and refuse to leave unless someone kicks the ball to him
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Exactly. Besides you would't pay a mill a season for a second ruck/forward surely.
    Kurt Tippett?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Kurt Tippett?
    Don't think he is on a mill plus. Could be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Don't think he is on a mill plus. Could be.
    Close enough to $1 million. Originally signed a $3.5 million 4 year deal and has triggered a 2 year extension for 2017 & 2018 worth just under $2 million.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Close enough to $1 million. Originally signed a $3.5 million 4 year deal and has triggered a 2 year extension for 2017 & 2018 worth just under $2 million.
    Recruited as a key forward initially and then went into the second ruck/forward role. Maybe Boyd will also do this role for all his career. Who knows.

Post Thanks / Like

If you can get someone averaging a 2.5 goals a game and rucking for 25% of the time you've struck gold.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

11. Likes Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    If you can get someone averaging a 2.5 goals a game and rucking for 25% of the time you've struck gold.
    Agree but the mix isnt right at the moment. It looked like he played more ruck minutes than Roughy on the weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Agree but the mix isnt right at the moment. It looked like he played more ruck minutes than Roughy on the weekend
    Agreed, I also feel he's playing too many minutes in the ruck. On Sunday however it was forced to an extent with Roughy going down into the rooms in the first quarter, something isn't right with him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Kurt Tippett?
    Tippett was a unique situation though. It's not often you recruit a spearhead on massive bucks and then have Buddy Franklin fall into your lap the following year. Would never happen to anyone other than Sydney.

15. Likes bulldogtragic, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Loved Boyds game last night. Massive impact on the game and was involved all night.

Did anyone see the vision of him singing the song? Such passion. Just had the look of a bloke who has had the weight lifted and feels like he really belongs.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. He really made an impact.

If he continues this upward curve in his improvement he will be a gold class investment and not just a one position player.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

A glimpse at what a star he will be. He could/should have finished with three goals. Those marks are going to begin to stick. Be afraid footy world!
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

19. Likes Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    Loved Boyds game last night. Massive impact on the game and was involved all night.

Did anyone see the vision of him singing the song? Such passion. Just had the look of a bloke who has had the weight lifted and feels like he really belongs.
    Yep. Apart from a few nervy mistakes early on, he looked anything but a finals debutant. Big, strong, contested, involved, hard, consistent, smart, involving. I loved his bullocking work to dish outa goal in the third I think it was. Also, a few times when he was two/against one in a marking contest his decision not to mark but to slap it over to a team mate was really smart. If his name was Rioli we would have heard about it for an hour after the game. By bringing it to ground and denying WCE intercept marks he was team orientated and showing footy smarts not a lot of really big boys have. I'm predicting big things next week for Tom, and another huge screaming of Sons of the West.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

21. Likes Topdog liked this post