Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  275
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: BOYD a DOG

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BOYD a DOG

Wow. He is such a great public speaker. He said all the right things. I loved the bit when a reporter asked him how long it will take until he becomes a Tom Hawkins or Buddy Franklin. He answered by saying "I can't predict the future." Great answer to a stupid question.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Wow. He is such a great public speaker. He said all the right things. I loved the bit when a reporter asked him how long it will take until he becomes a Tom Hawkins or Buddy Franklin. He answered by saying "I can't predict the future." Great answer to a stupid question.
    Captain material already
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Imagine being able to cope with a dozen microphones in your face, all that scrutiny, and being so self assured. Incredibly impressive. I'm really delighted we've got several young guys who have all the hallmarks as leaders. Bonti, Macrae, Wallis, Hrovat are all very well spoken and Boyd already has a certain charisma. We've been known historically as a club of introverts and I'd like to think the new generation has a bit more of the self belief that's often been lacking. A really great off field debut by Tom!
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

There you go, he took care of business, all you need to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see "the Colonel" : Steve Austin 6 million dollar man running around in the tri-colours next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Yep looks great in the colours

And seems a great young fella, very balanced and sensible

I've got great faith in the decision made, and like Boydy Im in it for the long haul
    I hope he stays balanced when the Bulldogs crowd are chanting Boydy, Boydy, Boydy… and grown men are sobbing in their seats at he sheer joy of it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Imagine being able to cope with a dozen microphones in your face, all that scrutiny, and being so self assured. Incredibly impressive. I'm really delighted we've got several young guys who have all the hallmarks as leaders. Bonti, Macrae, Wallis, Hrovat are all very well spoken and Boyd already has a certain charisma. We've been known historically as a club of introverts and I'd like to think the new generation has a bit more of the self belief that's often been lacking. A really great off field debut by Tom!
    Stringer has that strut also. Good to see.

Footballers. Not athletes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Can't wait to see "the Colonel" : Steve Austin 6 million dollar man running around in the tri-colours next year.
    Nice.

I throw my full support behind something badass prefixed with "The", like "The Colonel" or "The Boss" or "The CEO" or something.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Nice.

I throw my full support behind something badass prefixed with "The", like "The Colonel" or "The Boss" or "The CEO" or something.
    The Boyd.

'Nuff said.

Post Thanks / Like

The Mountain. (Apologies to G.R.R.M)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Nice.

No time for photoshopping

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I was watching a replay of the Swans Dogs game today and listened closely when the commentators mentioned how we lacked a key forward. Crameri and Stringer were rightly not regarded as key forwards but they might benefit from having one in the side.
    Now in fairness to Dennis Cometti he isn't one of the media folk back flipping because we did what we needed to get a good one but I'd like to know how many games last year where commentators made a similar comment?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

12. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I was watching a replay of the Swans Dogs game today and listened closely when the commentators mentioned how we lacked a key forward. Crameri and Stringer were rightly not regarded as key forwards but they might benefit from having one in the side.
    Now in fairness to Dennis Cometti he isn't one of the media folk back flipping because we did what we needed to get a good one but I'd like to know how many games last year where commentators made a similar comment?
    I would almost bet my house on it being mentioned at every single one of our games.

The WB v North game was on yesterday IIRC (or the day before?) and they spoke about the same thing.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Now it will be: "geez, the Bulldogs have thrown all their eggs in the key forward basket. That might come back to bite them..."
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Not only during every game, but 99% of the press conferences and media interviews.
    More of an In Bruges guy?